FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jelluzz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's just frustrating as hell when you have injuries that you can't cover so have some inbred regen playing at MR who'd be better suited to playing netball.

thats awesome m8 made me lol for ages.

what are these rules i hear your playing by?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*I can only buy one player per season.

*That player has to be French or 2nd nationality French.

*The player I buy must cost no more than £10m.

*I can sign Free agents, but again they must be French and only 3 a season.

* I'll set a wage cap at the club so that wages cannot exceed £1m

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

Benzema > Celtic

Haha well done, but in truth, Most players > Celtic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true. \o/

As far as I'm aware it's only tomtuck now whos quite abit into the game, but anyone else who can help please do... I was looking for an ML?AML/MR/AMR type player and my scout found Issiar Dia, I've had him scouted again by my better scout and he says not wortwile but does he become good?

Ta

Ligue 1's a bit easy tbh icon_smile.gif Played 15, won 14 and drew 1. 2nd in my CL group, beat Celtic and Fenerbache, but after a disasterous 1st half, we lost 5-2 to Madrid. icon_frown.gif

Fred's back from injury icon_smile.gif

That means I have Delgado Godoy, Fred, Benzema, Briand and Bojan, not bad imo icon_cool.gif

Ligue 1 gets harder mate, the French teams will start rivalling you in Europe to, I had to Beat PSG in the Champs League Semis this season, they beat AC Milan and Barca iirc to get there.

Need help guys, it's silly season in the game and bids are flying in all over the place, Chelski bid £13.75m for Bodmer, who scored 37 goals last season lol! obviously that amount is laughable so I negotiated so he didnt get upset.

Now they've cam back with...

£13.5m upfront

50% sell on fee

Buy back Price £20.5m

£40m after 1 int appearance.

So really I could get him back for £10m

Worth selling and then getting him back?

Buying him back would mean I couldnt buy anyone else that season because of the rules I set myself.

Yeah i've rejected now, if I wasnt sticking to these rules I probably weould of accepted in a flash tbh, then brought him back next season, £40m+ profit for a season long loan,

Obertan is settling well in pre-season, thanks for the recommendation, in the end Menez went to Chelski for £27m so I couldn't get him.

Should also add that from having a look at the players who's contracts are signing I can pretty much **** PSG up by taking some of there players, these all have contracts expering so I could get them for free come December 31st..

Sakho - Nothing needs to be said anout him

Didier Digard - Looks a handy DC/DM to have around

Sankhare - Great DM but with Cana, Flamini, Bodmer and Mathieu not much need.

Charles itandje - Coupet is over the hill now, so may be worth a look although I have signed a free GK, all be it not the best

Costil could also be free along with Gavanon,

I love the free players icon_biggrin.gif

When can you get a decent international job? Tucker probably got his after the 2010 World Cup but I don't know! I've never had one on FM before so it's something I would like. Also, how do you get an international job without losing your own?

Originally posted by glory utd:

When can you get a decent international job? Tucker probably got his after the 2010 World Cup but I don't know! I've never had one on FM before so it's something I would like. Also, how do you get an international job without losing your own?

Keep an eye on all the tournaments, Euro's, World Cup African Nations, After they've finished you'll sometimes get a message of all the managers that have been sacked, or check the jobs screen if you miss the news Item, obviously they can be sacked at other times but these are the most likely.

And all you do is click apply, when offered the job you don't lose yours you just control both,

I think international management is something that needs alot of work on in the game, it's annoying how every week you get a message askin what game you'd like to watch, and the fact you can hire staff but they have no actual role there, like you cant train them.

just about start a new game so ive loaded all my leagues up and thought i'll be lyon. so im looking through all there team etc then i look at the french league and i think this isnt a good enough and just had seconds thoughts. jus wondering is it worth starting as them. bit of a pointless post iknow . sorri waste of space icon_frown.gif lol

Originally posted by Wilson7:

just about start a new game so ive loaded all my leagues up and thought i'll be lyon. so im looking through all there team etc then i look at the french league and i think this isnt a good enough and just had seconds thoughts. jus wondering is it worth starting as them. bit of a pointless post iknow . sorri waste of space icon_frown.gif lol

The french league does become the best around. Just ask anybody playing/played in here.

In my game France usually have the last four teams in last eight in Uefa (PSG, Rennes and Le Mans have won it) and usually two in last eight in Cl sometimes three.

So to conclude for some reason the french comp. becomes the best around.

icon_cool.gif New formation is working well, I'm being adventurous with 3 at the back.

New GK I signed for free is *************** crap, so Vercoutre is in goal for now, Obertan is brilliant coming off the bench! Scored in most games from ther, Bodmer is still being ridiculously good and has scored in every game so far, if he scores more than 40 this season I'll pay him £100k p/w.

Also he rejected AC Milan for me <3

Season 2 Review/Update thingy

Only a few SS's, I've started season 3 so cant access all the stats etc icon_frown.gif

Transfers

Fixtures - 1

Fixtures - 2

Fixtures - 3

Ligue 1 Orange

Champions Trophy

4th Round Coupe De Ligue - Again!!!

French Cup

Euro Super Cup

Champions League - Vidic in goal for last 10 minutes lol

Club World Championship Thrashing

BodmerFFFFFB.jpg

^^^ Looking at Bodmers stats in his sitory, brilliant for an MC!!

Start of Season 3

Just my signings really

Transfers

First team squad

Le guen said pre match that PSG would take over Lyon's dominance in France - Yeah right **** off

Think tha's it really, any SS's you'd like to see or questions answered then just ask.

purefun

I've uploaded these to the maximum size it'd let me so hopefully you can see them lol.

Liam

Great season update. I like all those s.s. tbh.

Bodmer icon_cool.gif

Next year more succes in the league cup mate.

-----

And that maximum size doesn't help at all. Sorry. You could always do it in Pictiger or Photobucket. icon_smile.gif

purefun

I'm already on photobucket, will use pictiger to please you lol, i like using SS's for the updat to, easier than writing it out, although thats no where near like the one that I put my whole squad in lol, about 70+ in there.

jonahno6

Look at Gavanon, not the youngest but a very good Juninho replacement, and cheap.

OK then,

In January I'll be on the look out for 3 new players on free transfer deals,

I want a GK, looking at Costil and Itandje(sp) at the moment, costil the prefered option

Another CB, Sakho looking likely, unhappy, wants to move and likes me telling him he'll be a star.

Lastly another CM I think or a ST, Saivet was available until Marseille brought him so hopefully will get a young CM to eventually replace Toulalan but provide cover for now, looks likely to be Arnold Mvuemba

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

I went for Meireles in the end. Cost me 11.75m. He looked better then Gavanon and is younger.

Do you have a s.s. of him? thx

Liam

Thx mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Raul Meireles

I have Jose Bosingwa coming in for 2.8m at the end of the season. He was transfer listed at Chelsea. I have bought because my natonality in the game is Portugese, hence the Meireles and Bosingwa signings.

Jonah

Thx for the ss. Looks a good player overall tbh but you maybe overpaid him imo.

Is that chelsea player any good?

Wilson

Great looking team mate.

Also Clercq over Zaccardo for me.

I would change my tactic and use an AMC instead of a DMC. But its your game just making an observation. icon_smile.gif

Dunno what to do in my game. I have gone crashing out of the CL and don't feel enthusiastic about my side as much now. Would like to leave, but only to the right team. Would love either Milans or Barca or Madrid. Though I doubt I'll get an offer so I'll most likely be staying with Lyon for another year. Saying that, the board haven't offered a contract yet! Anyway, will be in France until Friday which will give me some time away from FM and maybe come back into it with more enthusiasm.

Originally posted by glory utd:

Dunno what to do in my game. I have gone crashing out of the CL and don't feel enthusiastic about my side as much now. Would like to leave, but only to the right team. Would love either Milans or Barca or Madrid. Though I doubt I'll get an offer so I'll most likely be staying with Lyon for another year. Saying that, the board haven't offered a contract yet! Anyway, will be in France until Friday which will give me some time away from FM and maybe come back into it with more enthusiasm.

Just stay with us mate! icon_smile.gif

Anyway have fun in France.

Archived