Youth/regen & nation - problem

JontyBB8

I have created a club, Bridge of Allan, and a nation, Lecropt. Bridge of Allan has been placed in the Scottish leagues, but geographically in the made-up Lecropt nation I have created in FM.

This is like the situation with Vaduz in the Swiss league, or Cardiff/Swansea/Wrexham in the English leagues. Also would be akin to Monaco, from an independent Monaco nation, playing in France.

When I start a game, then, youth players are generated to pad out the squad. The grey players have the Lecropt nationality, the staff are Lecropt, but the youth players are Scottish. How can I ensure the youth players at the start, and regens thereafter, are generated as Lecropt?

I have created a club, Bridge of Allan, and a nation, Lecropt. Bridge of Allan has been placed in the Scottish leagues, but geographically in the made-up Lecropt nation I have created in FM.

This is like the situation with Vaduz in the Swiss league, or Cardiff/Swansea/Wrexham in the English leagues. Also would be akin to Monaco, from an independent Monaco nation, playing in France.

When I start a game, then, youth players are generated to pad out the squad. The grey players have the Lecropt nationality, the staff are Lecropt, but the youth players are Scottish. How can I ensure the youth players at the start, and regens thereafter, are generated as Lecropt?

I wanted to create it as a non-FIFA nation, if you will. It plays friendlies, like non-FIFA nations. However Lecropt has in fact been playing in the European Championships and (at the expense of Montenegro) the World Cup. So it's active, yes.

The stadium location should be in your new nation and the club's nation should be Scotland so it can play in Scottish league. Now if you are running 8.01 you should get regens from your new nation because thats where your club's stadium is. In FM08 unpatched and every older FM regens are created from the team's nation, which in your case is Scotland.

hi, instead of youth team you could create a b and c team and designate them as reserves and under 18 club respectively. make sure they and their stadiums are based in your nation and then hopefully the youth players should become that nationality

There was the problem. I was running the unpatched FM08. I have upgraded to 8.0.1 and my regen problem is solved. Thank you everyone!

Yes, I edited an extinct nation (extinct football wise anyway) - Great Britain. Which raises another question. Any way of changing the flag, as Lecropt has the Union Jack as its flag right now. Even one of those generic shields you get when there's no badge will do for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

The stadium location should be in your new nation and the club's nation should be Scotland so it can play in Scottish league. Now if you are running 8.01 you should get regens from your new nation because thats where your club's stadium is. In FM08 unpatched and every older FM regens are created from the team's nation, which in your case is Scotland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I've got a feeling that if the previously extinct nation of Great Britain (now called Lecropt) is competing in the EURO Championship 2008 qualifiers then your game will crash on about the 13th of July. I know that thats what happened to me when I did something similar.

13th of July what year? 2008?

Not for me. I ran a holiday game for 8 or 9 years to test things out and all was OK.

At the start, Lecropt was put in one of the Euro Championship groups but in fact had no fixtures, played no games, appeared at the bottom of the group with 0 games played, and there was no crash.

Then the nation was in future EC/WC groups with no problem.

After 8 or 9 years, Lecropt had not scored a single goal.

Fair enough, On my game the nation I created played games in the Euro championship, in group A with the top team in that group (either Portugal or Poland I forget which) dissapearing from group A all together. Then it screwed up.

Just a few questions;

Do any European nations not play any EC/WC qualifiers in future comps?

Do bridge of alan play in europe?

Are Lecropt an ECC or full FIFA member?

What Continent and region did you place Lecropt in?

cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poyns:

I have managed to add nations by putting them in North America. Putting them in Europe causes the game to crash during the second summer. I am at Jan 2010 now and things are going ok (crosses fingers). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same with me, thats why I'm wondering how Jonty managed to do it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James.Clench:

Fair enough, On my game the nation I created played games in the Euro championship, in group A with the top team in that group (either Portugal or Poland I forget which) dissapearing from group A all together. Then it screwed up.

Just a few questions;

Do any European nations not play any EC/WC qualifiers in future comps?

Do bridge of alan play in europe?

Are Lecropt an ECC or full FIFA member?

What Continent and region did you place Lecropt in?

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So far the tendency is for Montenegro to be missed out of WC qualifying, but for all nations to be in EC qualifying (at least from Euro 2010 onwards).

Bridge of Allan would play in Europe only if they qualified through the Scottish league or cup. Otherwise they don't. I created 4 clubs for Lecropt, with Lecropt nationality (Bridge of Allan has Scottish nationality and is just located in Lecropt.

I made Lecropt an EU member. In the editor I didn't make them a FIFA member but it seems the game treats them as such.

Lecropt were placed in UEFA (as all the above suggests) and the region is UK & Ireland. I think in theory you can set any region, as far as I can see regions are mainly used for player naming.

As far as I know, even if you didn't tick the "FIFA Full Member" box, the new nation will still be listed as member as long as you chose any continent. However, if you leave the continent blank, you'll still get the nationality for players, but not the national team.

And about region, I'm not sure about its use for naming (as it is covers areas as large as and as diverse as "Central Europe", for example). In-game scouting is the only thing I can think of when it come to region.

Yeah, I'm actually having a problem when it comes to naming. See my AI experiment on the holiday games forum - the Internet team seems to only have English names which is annoying me - in this case is player naming governed by language? Like Internet's language is England, England's language is English, therefore Internet players all have English names.

If the English language was linked with the USA, would you get American names? Which is what I would have wanted, as American names cover all nationalities and languages.

Player naming is governed by the Language that is spoke in the city where the stadium of a club is placed! phew.

e.g. I could make all of Tottenham Hotspurs regens have a Russian Sounding Name like Vladimir Kuzmanov etc, If I placed White Hart Lane in Moscow or another Russian City, or I could change the Language of London to Russian, but this would also effect the regens of all teams whose stadium is located in London. In some cities however, no language is set, so then the name and spoken landuage of a player from that club whose stadium is in that city reverts to the language spoke by people in that nation.

Players who move to a club will learn the language that is spoken in that city, for instance if I set london to have the Language of Russian, then players that I buy for Tottenham will learn Russian, as would Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham. etc.

so long as your stadium is in that nation.. it should generate regens..

i created a hong kong team in the chinese lower division.. i had chinese regens the first year.. the 2nd year it all reverted to the hong kong regens.

so it should come from my experience

Region is for scouting and also when you start a game if you run the English league then you would get more players from the UK $ Ireland region loaded. If you run the Serbian league you would get more players from the Easter European region loaded.

As for the Bosnian regens that is because you have high knowledge of the country due to your staff. If you have high knowledge of countries you will tend to get regens from them.

Archived