The LLaMa Clan Pt II.

Rotherham

We're hardly setting Division 2 alight, but we're holding our own ( icon_eek.gif Steady!!)

Last session we managed 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss...then I left so we may have won, drawn or lost the next game...or maybe they stopped before it.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very good session for Elgin.

Opened with a 3 - 0 home win over second place Stenhousemuir.

Followed by a 1 - 0 win at home to Dumbarton.

A 5 - 0 away win at Gretna.

3 - 0 thrashing of cyber-Doug's Montrosse.

Unfortunate 0 - 2 away loss to East Fife. I blame it on my AMR getting sent off after 28 mins. I should've played defensive, but I went for a win still...ooops.

As usual, much of this session is spent waiting for the other pooves to finish their midweek game. I'm off to poofland first chance I think. Save for Chester which have lost Mark to St. Mirren. I'd be at Exeter by now if not for one Spanish poof who doesn't even show up...

Rotherham

We played 11 games last night, most I've ever done.

It was a real rollercoaster, we yo-yo'd between 2nd and 11th place and eventually settled about 5th, and we won all the cup ties put down in front of us.

I think the results went along the lines of W6, D3, L2 if memory serves, with a 6-0 and a 6-1 amongst the wins.

Leyton Orient

A nice session. We made progress in the league and are still in the FA cup.

Kettering (H) 0-0 Dull game. Only one highlight in each half

Vans 1(S) Bristol Rovers (H) 2-0 Our reserves dispatch 2nd division Rovers

FAC 4Q Southport (A) 2-1 An og and a last minute fk sees us through

Dag & Red (A) 0-2 Beaten by our table-topping rivals

Scarborough (H) 5-1 We bounce back ion style

FAC 1 Stockport (A) 3-2 A great result against 2nd div oppostion

Vans 2(S) Stevenage (A) 0-5 Our reserves crash out

FGR (A) 3-1 Super result against 3rd placed Rovers

Southport (H) 4-1 Amazingly, the same Southport player who scored an og for us in the cup, also does the same here! This sees us rise to 4th!

Accrington S (A) 1-5 Not as bad as it sounds. We actually scored first and only conceded after pushing forward despite having a man sent off at 1-2

This leaves us 6th, one place below the play-off zone.

Rotherham

Another 11 game session tonight, and a very lucrative one for Rotherham...well...maybe...

We played a total of 8 League games, winning them all, and ended up top of the League by 5 points. Our Poofland/Sheepland SC just can't stop scoring, but our Scandinavian right winger can't do anything for 5 minths as he's done his groin.

We were dumped out of the Vans Trophy by Walsall and we won in the 2nd round of the FA Cup to set up an away tie against Aston Villa.

This is where the pseudo-lucrative bit comes in.

A crowd of 26500 turned up to see the mighty Villa take lowly Rotherham apart, and were treated to a 4 goal thriller...in which we scored 3 and Villa managed 1 icon_biggrin.gif

We were £450k in debt before the tie and only £82k in debt after.

Cups suck ass, btw icon_cool.gif

Leyton Orient

A successful session saw us climb the league and have an interesting cup run:

Shrewsbury (H) 4-0 It's always nice to stuff your former team icon_biggrin.gif

FAC 3: Luton (H) 1-1 We equalised through a penalty with the last kick of the game

The replay takes added significance when the 3rd draw sees the winner host Man Utd. However, overcoming Luton, placed 3rd in division 3, will be difficult.

Halifax (A) 2-1 Meanwhile in the league, we jump up to fourth

FAC3®: Luton (A) 3-1 We're gonnna host Man U! icon_biggrin.gif

Morecambe (H) 1-0 We beat the team above us, and swap places with them. 3rd now

Boston Utd (H) 0-0 We missed the opportunity to go second

Northwich Vics (A) 3-1 We show the bottom placed team no mercy, and I pick up the manager of the month award icon_biggrin.gif

Wycombe (H) 0-0 I hope we don't end up rueing these goalless home games we keep getting

So, in the league we have jumped to a very creditable third. I don't believe we have enough to see us top, so a play-off place is the limit of my ambitions. It will be difficult to keep up the pace though as some of my best young players are in need of a good rest now.

For the final game, our home tie to Man Utd, I went in praying for a draw:

FAC4: Man Utd (H) 0-1 We hold out well, but eventually concede a second-half goal from a certain Dutch striker. In terms of attempts on goal, we actually out shot them

We equalled our record attendance achieved against Luton of 10,911 - just 16 short of capacity. Our gate takings were the same as well - £162k of which half went to the visitors - you'd have thought we'd have put the ticket price up! An away tie would have have been much more useful in clearing out £2.5m overdraft.

Leyton Orient

Only completed five games last night. Things are tough as we have been playing twice a week, so my poor young side are definately flagging. They have not been helped by their manager's insistance on taking the FA Trophy seriously (as it's the only competition we have a chance of winning).

Burton Albion (A) 2-3 We squandered a hatful of chances. Should have won it

FAT 3: Scarborough (A) 2-0 This sets us up for a fourth round tie at home to Chester

Stevenage (A) 2-3 Tiredness to blame here

Hereford (H) 0-0 I think this is our 7th goalless home game. Wish I knew why

Wrexham (A) 2-2 This leaves us 6th, one place outside the play-off zone

Stockport

It was a dream start to my time at Stockport. 4 mins into our match with Sheff Wed. (who were six points ahead of us and in the playoff zone) we scored through a 23 year-old SC languishing in the reserves? His first goal for the club. We went on to a 2 - 1 win.

I'm not sure we won the rest of the session, but we certainly didn't lose. In there was a 2 - 2 draw with fallen giants...well, fallen semi-tall people, Charlton. A few sending offs hurt our chances of winning a few matches and we are now 9 points adrift of a playoff spot. I suppose we have a chance, but not much of one and the taunts and head games from Mr. Fergusonovic are unsettling.

Exeter

Some interesting news: The Board have injected 5.7m GBP into the team's account. As a result we wipe out our -2.2m status and become the Chelski of the Conference.

Matches as usual: An occasional win, some draws and sometimes a lost match.

15th at the beginning of the session. I reckon it'll be about there at the end (hopefully we'll make it into middletop positions).

Rotherham

I didn't enjoy last night's session at all. It was aquaplaning from start to finish.

I'd rather have lost all the games knowing it was me that was doing it rather than win a couple and draw three, with a couple of losses, and having no control whatsoever over the proceedings.

Devon had what looked like the same type of session (and there's no mind-games involved, don't believe him. He's a Yankee, they don't have minds icon_biggrin.gif )

I think I'm hosting the next session, unless anyone else is mad enough to.

Roll on Thursday.

The session made no sense to me. We beat the likes of 3rd place Hull then draw or lose to weak sides. Nothing seemed to work or matter. We were 9th at one point, then 18th, back up to 10th...I can't remember where we stand now. Mid-table, not too far off a playoff spot, but whatever.

And Ian, might we be having a Monday session before the Thursday session that you'll host? icon_wink.gif

Well, in fact Ian might be right. I don't think I'll be able to make tonight's session. You can download the save game from here

I won't be around on Thursday either. It's ptobably nice for me to have a break from the game as I'm going through a phase where I'm not really into CM. Orient's dreadful results on Thursday didn't help: they're bankrupt and in freefall.

Hopefully should be back next Monday with batteries recharged. Have fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iajafer:

You know, I was sitting here eating a Chicken Biryani and I thought "I'd better head into FMO and change the post I made about Thursday before that damned Yankee sees it" icon_biggrin.gif

Too late icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Though perhaps Graham has bailed you out.icon_smile.gif

Rotherham

Starting off with a 1-0 victory over seamus' Stockport, we ran up to the end of the season beating Hull 5-0 to win the 2nd Division title and fizzling out with a draw against some other dross.

Mark finished in a playoff place in the 3rd Division with Lincoln and won the semi final on penalties and eased into the 2nd Division with a 2-0 victory in the final.

We went through the close season making a few signings on frees, and having 15 youngsters promoted from the academy, and the Board decided to give us £60k transfer funds after last season's extravagant spending - in which we spent £0 icon_biggrin.gif

The LLaMa Cup has been drawn. We play Devon and the winner of that tie plays Mark, and Graham plays Jordi, the winner to play Doug.

Next session starts with those games.

Can't believe it's a new season already. It will be interesting for me to see what happened to my Orient side. When I last left it, I was having difficulty getting my best two players to renew their contracts. Will be interesting to see what happened there.

May miss Thursday again this week. Another date icon_wink.gif

Last night's session was a little weird.

We'd lost our save meaning we had to go back to a backup taken 2 session prior. With none of us wanting to go back over old ground, we went with Ian's suggestion of holidaying through the period we'd lost to find us at the start of the new (07/08) season.

This we did, to find Mark had once again moved clubs, to Scots 2nd division Brechin. I was still stuck at bankrupt Leyton Orient.

But then Cyber-Mark mnoved to Notts County and I applied for, and got the Brechin job. Despite being in the Scottish leagues, I like Brechin. They are financially sound and even have a transfer budget (£110k) for me to spend. In our first game, home to Jordi's Exter in the LLaMa cup, we lost 1-0.

But that's not the end. The game then crashed, and we had to go back. I found myself back at Orient, Mark back at Brechin. Losing all interest, I let the game plough on. Mark moved to Notts County again, and I have applied to Brechin once more. We've actually gone past the point we got to previously, Brechin are taking longer to appoint a manager this time. We shall see next session if it is to be me.

Brechin

Yes, I'm back at Brechin. Happy to be away from Leyton Orient and their terrible financial plight.

The session was a bit of a shambles with most people concentrating on other things, and LLaMa cup limping on.

I played Devon's Exeter at home in a friendly, and we were awarded two penalties, and him one. We scored both ours, he missed his to leave us 2-0 winners.

On to competition proper, and we met fellow 2nd division Peterhead at home in the Challenge Cup. It was terribly boring affair which didn't see any goals in 120 minutes. They won the shootout 4-3.

In the league we travelled to Stenhousemuir and lost 1-0, but then won by the same scoreline at home to Raith Rovers.

Hopefully the next session will be more productive.

Stockport

In a bizarre twist, I won :ahem: the LLaMa Cup Final. Even though I lost to Ian in the first round 1 - 4 (he scored two pens and I had a man sent off). I then lost to Graham in a consolation friendly, 0 - 2 (he scored 2 pens and I had a man sent off -- disturbing pattern here). Mark managed to best Ian. And with the other side of the draw absent from the clan, Mark invited me to play him in the :ahem: final. We won.

Competition proper. We won 3 - 1. drew 1 - 1. and won again...I think. Though it's a bit hazy as fun was to be had on Eidos.

May or may not be around on Monday as a reminder.

Rotherham

Rather a quiet session tonight, participant-wise. Only Graham and myself after Mark's PC succumbed to an unwelcome invasion (Bees, I think he said)

Session started off badly with a 1-0 away loss to Millwall, but then the game crashed, we replayed it and won 2-0 icon_frown.gif

We played a total of 6 games tonight, winning four and losing two, and we currently lie third in the 1st Division.

It's strange how our playing style has evolved. The game used to be the sole reason for turning up. Now it just seems to be a minor diversion that occassionally takes our interest as we look at other stuff. Thus, we go a lot slower than usual.

Brechin

Alloa (A) 1-2

Berwick (H) 4-1 A great perfomance

LC1: East Fife (A) 0-1 Cups suck ass, didn't you know?

East Stirling (A) 1-1 We lead Ian's old team through a penalty but concede a 2nd half equaliser

Peterhead (H) 0-0 Same result as the cup. That's 210 goalless minutes against Mark's old club so far this season

This leaves us 4th, 3pts behing the promotion places.

Brechin

Midtable obscurity beckons for us, with the session seeing 2 wins, 2 defeats and a draw for us, planting us firmly in 5th:

Hamilton (A) 1-3

Stranraer (H) 1-0

Alloa (H) 0-0 *

Arbroath (A) 1-2

Raith Rovers (A) 2-1 My first away win since taking over

* As was the case with Leyton Orient, I keep getting goalless draws at home to supposedly weaker opposition. I have no idea why, I need to work out some better tactics. (Perhaps a B clan member can send me 'Diablo') icon_biggrin.gif

With Orient, these lost points cost us a place in the play-offs, and with Brechin they could well cost us promotion unless I get it sorted soon.

Recap on times and players:

LLaMa Clan plays each Monday and Thursday, 2000-2300(BST or GMT) or other times by pre-arrangement or during session.

Players are:

Brechin - Graham (Humph3)

Rotherham - Ian (iajafer)

Stockport - Devon (seamus)

Notts County - Mark (MFCMark)

Montrose - Doug (Guinness79)

Exeter - Jordi (UELLfan)

Rotherham

Crystal Palace (H) - 2-1

Norwich (A) - 1-4

Nottm Forest (H) 3-1

Preston (A) - 0-1

Bradford (H) - 0-0

Watford (A) - 2-1

Coventry (H) - 0-2

Pretty shoddy session, result wise, though it's our first in Division 1. We had the added annoyance of oppo GK MoM's in the Preston, Bradford and Coventry matches although we dominated all three.

There must be some reason I continue to play this stupid game icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iajafer:

Players are:

Brechin_ - Graham (Humph3)

Montrose - Doug (Guinness79) Who??

Exeter - Jordi (UELLfan) Who?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Humph3:

Players are:

Brechin_ - Graham (Humph3)

Montrose - Doug (Guinness79) Who??

Exeter - Jordi (UELLfan) Who?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point!

Doug's had a lot to do of late and he's had connection problems, but he'll be back soon.

Jordi's forgotten he's part of the "A" Team icon_cool.gif

Not sure if we'll get Doug back until Devon's apologised for his disgusting verbal attack on him:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

The following is extracted from the IRC log. If you are easily offended, please do not read

[21:31] <Guinness79> Am I playing anyone?

[21:31] <seamusredux> go away. icon_wink.gif

[21:31] <Guinness79> Okay. icon_smile.gif Bye guys.

[21:31] * Guinness79 has quit IRC (Quit: ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Truly appalling, I'm sure you'll agree. So come on, Mr Potty Mouth Devon, apologise!

Pfft. There was even a safety wink. (which I didn't remember putting in.) I feel less bad now.

Stockport

3:0 FA Cup 1st Rnd win over Mansfield

2:1 Vans Trophy N 2nd rnd ET win over Southport.

1:0 A win over Cambridge.

1:1 A to Grimsby. They had a man sent off, GK MotM saving 9 0f 10 on traget. icon_mad.gif

3:0 H win over Hartlepool

1:0 A win over Notts. Co. (MFCMark) Thanks to a well earned penalty.

brechin

Things went from bad to worse with Brechin. We started with a 1-0 defeat away to Peterhead, which left us in 8th.

We then suffered yet another 0-0 home draw, this time at home to Hamilton. In nine home games in charge of Brechin, five of them had ended 0-0 icon_mad.gif

Time for a change, I noticed a decent job going in the English 3rd division:

Swindon

Swindon lay 18th in Division 3. Above the relegation zone, but only just.

There was a little added spice to my first game, as it was a FA cup 2nd round replay, away at Devon's Stockport.

FA2®: Stockport (Devon)(A) 2-1 1-1 after normal time, a wonderous curling shot from a young midfielder knocked out Devon's second division outfiticon_biggrin.gif

Northampton(A) 2-0 A good win at one of the teams below us eases the releagtion worries[/i]

Port Vale (H) 1-1 Another home draw for me, at least it wasn't 0-0

Darlington (A) 2-0 Another good result lands me the manager of the month award! icon_biggrin.gif

FA3: Cardiff (H) 1-1 We perform well against first division opponents and finally make the breakthrough in the 84th minute. However, an almost instant reply from them takes us back to their place. The winners will visit Blackburn or Sheffield United.

Forest Greeen Rovers (A) 0-1 Our first loss under my control

This leaves us 16th in the league. Our results have been outstanding considering that I consider us weak in the centre of defence and midfield. These will be the areas I will look to strengthen when the January transfer window opens. The good news is that I have a front two who form an effective partnership. Up until the FGR game, they'd scored 10 in five games.

Now results are going my way, I'm looking forward to the next session again.

Archived