**HELP PLEASE** new patch

Hi all,

I would be gratefull if anyone could give me some help with the new patch.

I want to be able to manage teams who are in either level 8 or 10, so i downloaded the new patch (11.2.1). When the file was downloaded i dragged it into the editor folder.

My Computer > C: Drive > Users > "Your Name" > Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011 > Editor 2011

However when start the game as normal, new game, select nations and the lowest playable league. The lowest playable league is still Conference north and south.

Any help with where i'm going wrong?

Thanks, i will look forward to your reply.

Thanks for that, i want to manage chester in level 8 and have been trying for ages to get it to work and was directed to here.

Is the link you listed as 'here's one' safe to use and the one that most people will be using to get these levels.

What does the patch that i downloaded contain? If it doesn't containt the other levels - should i delete it (i'm not that techy) Also should i leave that patch in the editor folder and move the level 8 download into the editor folder aswell.

Thanks for that, i want to manage chester in level 8 and have been trying for ages to get it to work and was directed to here.

Is the link you listed as 'here's one' safe to use and the one that most people will be using to get these levels.

What does the patch that i downloaded contain? If it doesn't containt the other levels - should i delete it (i'm not that techy) Also should i leave that patch in the editor folder and move the level 8 download into the editor folder aswell.

After downloading the Patch, did you run it, or did you simply move it into the Editor folder? If you moved it, then the Patch has not been installed and you will miss out on any fixes that have been done. When you run the Patch, an installer box should appear, similar to the one when installing the game for the 1st time, which you follow the instructions to install the patch.

I have followed the instructions

When starting a new game, it's recommended you tick 'Add key staff'. That way the players generated in the bottom tiers will be a mixture of ages, rather than all being 16 or so You should also make sure you run all available levels in your chosen file - i.e. if you only want to run to level 8, you MUST use the Level 8 file AND enable all leagues to level 8 when you start your new game.

------------------------------------------

Activation

1. Copy the file to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\editor data folder in your My Documents folder.

2. Load FM2011

3. Select ‘Preferences’ and go to the ‘Display/Sound’ tab. UNTICK use skin cache. TICK ‘Always Reload Skin on Confirm’

4. When completed, leave preferences and ‘Start A New Game’

5. In the dialog window that pops up, TICK the change box.

6. Select the LATEST file in the list, if not already. Deselect ALL OLD VERSIONS!

7. Start a new game as normal, selecting the lowest level that you want to have active.

It's driving me crazy ARGGH

I can't personally recommend it as I've never used any of these editor files, it was just the most popular looking one.

The 11.2.1 patch you have downloaded just needs opening, it will install itself and update your game with various fixes. Once it has installed the file can be deleted.

Perhaps you'd be better off looking/asking in a thread in the editor's forum, they are more likely to know how to get these sorts of files running.

Archived