Changing Divisions

Is there a need for a change when it comes to promotions?

Having got Bradford promoted from league 2 as runners up playing 4-5-1 with a Rigid and Standard philosophies I now have to prepare for League 1. My question is, is it best to redo my tactics or stick with the same the reason I ask this is due to the change in opposition as the standard is a bit better.

Any advice on how other people have got on would be brilliant.

If you've managed to get your side promoted using that formation, consider how well they work in that formation and what positions your players are best in before changing it. Perhaps consider using the match preparation screen to get your squad training in a couple of other formations for a month or so, so at least if things are going well with the 4-5-1 you will have a couple of options if you do decide to change

I myself am in pretty much the same boat. I think the key for surviving promotion is to keep to your teams strength whilst improving your weak points. If you have scored a lot of goals but have been shaky at the back then try a more conservative approach. Playing possession football will not work with a weaker team so try possibly a more direct approach. You don't need to change too much unless it's going horribly wrong but my Tenerife team first season up are 14th in the table after 10 but only 2 points off a European place without changing too much.

Hope that helps

Archived