Collaborative CSE Youth Intake/Player Development Analysis and Experiment

Some big picture questions to ponder:

When do we want to stop this test? Obviously we should not holiday it after the new patch comes out, but should we set a goal like 2040?

2040 isn't a bad idea, but is this going to be the setup, or we should try holidaying through larger FM world setups? I think we should holiday a test game with a very similar setup as the real one after the 3rd patch

Do we want to start the new experiment immediately or after Genie Scout comes out? It may take a ways for a working version of Genie Scout to come out, but we could certainly get a huge head start with holidaying.

Start it immediately, it's best to get some saves to analyze data and such

How do we get more people involved? We could obviously use a little extra help with putting things together, but people just asking questions would be great too.

Getting them to post would be a start. Come out you lurkers! :p

Any other feedback on the test so far?

What's going to happen when we start the real thing? We only have me and trotter holidaying and you rovers doing the spreadsheets so it wouldn't be a bad idea to get someone to contribute. And when it starts, how often me or trotter need to upload the latest saves.

This game is pretty close in size to what I imagine for the final setup. My proposal has one more country but less leagues. My idea is Germany, Greece, Switzerland, Hungary, and Wales. I would like other opinions and testing bigger setups is also an option, although I do not want to make it so big that it slows us down from reaching a decent distance. Here are the countries that we can choose from:

Croatia

France

Germany

Greece

Hungary

Israel

N. Ireland

Scotland

Switzerland

Turkey

Ukraine

Wales

Starting immediately seems like a good idea, although I am guessing that the game will be far ahead of the data for a long time, based on Genie's unpredictable release schedule. The more people helping, the better, so we can reduce the amount of work that any one person has to do and so that we have adequate cover for anyone who is busy with other obligations at any given time.

rancer, I would like to make a push now that it is February so that we can get a decent distance before the new patch. Let me know if there are any periods where you will not be holidaying and I will try to advance things as quickly as possible on my computer.

Okay rovers, sorry about not holidaying for a few days. I'll start holidaying again from the weekend and maybe during next week, but the week of Feb 14-19 I will have no time because of exams and other things.

Not a problem rancer. The main thing for those of working on this will be communicating as much as possible. Don't feel that you have the burden of holidaying since trotter hasn't been active recently. I should be a bigger help once I get a new computer which should be soon. I will try to get a few seasons done in the next few days and get the latest one up by Friday night so that you can push ahead on the weekend. Let me know after that whether I should take over. Here's hoping the patch is out by the week of the 14th (so that I can start my MLS save properly). All hands should be focused on holidaying for now as I can do the data while waiting for the next version of Genie Scout.

Thanks trotter. Are you planning on doing another one or are you passing it back? If the patch comes out before we finish I will leave one of my computers unpatched until we get far enough. Please do not accidentally save the game after applying the patch. I should also be available to help on the final version with a new computer.

Resolve your upload issues yet trotter?

My goals for this game are to get to the point where all the real players have ended their playing careers as well as at least one group of regens from each country. If the patch comes out before then, I will finish off this game on one computer. On the other computer I will set up our next game. It would be nice to get a jump on that before the final version of Genie Scout comes out. Unless anyone else has strong opinions, the countries will be Germany, Greece, Switzerland, Hungary, and Wales.

Finished it up in 2035 after a straggler Belgian keeper was the last real player to retire. I would kind of like to return to this in the future to see what happens though. Even in 25 years there were some big changes to the footballing landscape. The two Czech powers Sparta Prague and Banik Ostrava have pretty big stadiums now and a number of Belgian clubs have new ones as well not to mention Palermo. I will work on the last four years of spreadsheets now and also get the master database together.

2033:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K3MMXA3F

2034:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MOVBEWL5

2035:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ERMVQIBP

That's too bad trotter. If you are still interested in helping, I have an idea for something you could do in the new version.

Speaking of which, with the patch out now I will be setting up the new game with the settings as last discussed. rancer will you start holidaying it after I upload? I will join in at some point after I get some work done on the old version.

The final setup will be all the leagues in Germany, Greece, Switzerland, Hungary, and Wales. More countries than last time, but actually a bit smaller. Yes, always leave some time for actually playing the game. I hope to get a good MLS save going for once. Let me know anytime you know that you will be unable to holiday/upload for more than 3 days and I will see what I can do. I will start a new thread for it and continue this one for the old game which I will finish one day. Genie Scout also appears to work, so I will try to keep up with both.

Here is the master spreadsheet of regens at the moment of spawning from 2010 to 2035.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LRBGNBCN

While I may do a few more things with this data set, I am focusing more on the final version now. Rancer, have you had a chance to look at the new save? Let me know if you will be unable to holiday for long periods of time.

Well I don't know which link is the new save game file? :D

Aren't we starting all over again? I don't see the file you uploaded..or do I start holidaying first?

The earthquake has affected me a little bit and I got tests and stuff to do but I can still holiday if needed for now.

Archived