Minimum Wage

I'm talking about realism. You're right (for the tenth time), he's not good enough for the first team squad. At all. Ever. But the very fact I can offer him a professional contract on absolute peanuts is unrealistic, so I'm highlighting it as such. I'm not even saying it's a bug; I'm just saying the feature that allows me as a manager in-game to do it in the first place is unrealistic.

It is unrealistic, but it is a situation that is only being instigated by the human manager who should be able to use his common sense to see it is a silly thing to do. It's a bit like switching your striker and your goalie, the only thing stopping you from doing it is your common sense telling you it is a stupid move, there's nothing in the game that prevents you from doing it.

Ah - and here we find the crux of the problem, and, I have a solution for you:

in game follow these steps:

[TEAM NAME]

Team Settings

[TEAM NAME] First Team (tab)

and tick the box that says 'contract renewals handled by assistant manager'

Do this for the reserve team and the under 18s team and voila, your problem is solved, you will not be able to offer silly contracts to players who arent good enough for your team. (well you still will be able to, but you wont have to as the assistant manager/board will be dealing with all contracts on your behalf.)

They sound like the sorts of players who would be released at the end of their youth contracts, which is what happened to them on my game. You could argue that common sense is the limitation on offering players like this tiny contracts, most of us wouldn't do it as we know they just aren't worth it. Keeping them at the club on a pro contract does sounds pretty unrealistic, which is why the idea of a £50 p/w contract in the PL sounds so unlikely.

Once again, completely, completely agree with you both (except I don't need to use the Ass. Man as I KNOW not to offer silly contracts). I'm simply bringing it up as "unrealistic".

To go back to my original post...

I'm Everton at the moment, and I've just offered 17-year-old Abe Donzo a pro contract for a laugh more than anything.

Followed by a suggestion; not a screaming rant pointing out a bug...

Maybe the leagues in the game need to have these limits imposed on them? I understand the need for the option to offer £5 a week in South Africa etc. but perhaps if you're managing in England a limitation can be applied.

This was a bloody ordeal...

This was a bloody ordeal...

Yes.

But to quote another voice of reason - it was only an ordeal BECAUSE:

but it is a situation that is only being instigated by the human manager who should be able to use his common sense to see it is a silly thing to do. It's a bit like switching your striker and your goalie, the only thing stopping you from doing it is your common sense telling you it is a stupid move, there's nothing in the game that prevents you from doing it.

Would you be pointing out a bug if you saw that you were able to start every match with an outfield player in goal? OR would you want to point out that its unrealistic that you can choose to play as a top side and point blank refuse to renew any players contracts? You can choose to do both things, the game will let you. They arent bugs, they are player choice.

Archived