[11.2 Patch] Editor not saving data changes?

Church CM

Is anyone else having an issue where the Editor is not saving data that you edit and save?

I have loaded up a database that was working perfectly in 11.1.1 but when I make a change to it in 11.2 and save it I can reload it and it's as if none of the changes were made. Anyone else having this issue? (Steam Update automatic)

Thanks in advance,

Church

YES!

A lot of strange things has happened. Steam here aswell. However, the date is there, but they do not show up in the game for some reasons.

For instance: I'm working on the norwegian league, have added third and fourth divisions. The teams missing from the original database I have added and put in the division. But when loading the game up, they are nowhere to be seen and is instead replaced with Premier teams and such? The premier teams are still playing in the premier division, but also play fourth division matches...

Here's a simple test (I am trying this and it's reverting) ....

Open a edited database, search for a single player, edit their contract either + or - by 10 and save it. Close the editor and restart it. Load that same edited database and search for the player you edited the contract of. The contract is still the same as it was before you edited it. I have tried both compressed, non compressed, overwriting, not overwriting and using a completely new name. I have not even loaded it in the game because it's not showing right in the editor upon reload.

In regards to your issue with leagues and various teams, that sounds more complex and there may be other issues, but I suspect there is a major issue with the editor in 11.2.

Did you by chance unlock the advanced panel stuff? Because I'm pretty sure that that would cause massive issues..

My (Steam) FM11 editor seems to work fine, I can create files, they contain what they should, I can edit files, and those also still seem to contain everything.

Here's a simple test (I am trying this and it's reverting) ....

Open a edited database, search for a single player, edit their contract either + or - by 10 and save it. Close the editor and restart it. Load that same edited database and search for the player you edited the contract of. The contract is still the same as it was before you edited it. I have tried both compressed, non compressed, overwriting, not overwriting and using a completely new name. I have not even loaded it in the game because it's not showing right in the editor upon reload.

In regards to your issue with leagues and various teams, that sounds more complex and there may be other issues, but I suspect there is a major issue with the editor in 11.2.

By the way... are you saving changes into a XML or dbc file or merging your changes direct into the FM 11.1.0 Data or 11.2 data?

By the way... are you saving changes into a XML or dbc file or merging your changes direct into the FM 11.1.0 Data or 11.2 data?

I am opening a file that was edited originally done with 11.1.1. I open the editor, load the 11.2 database, Load editor data and I can access all the information there. The save is set to compress but I have saved the changes in all forms, .xml or .dbc. It seems to be an issue with certain elements (people) so I am simply just going to remove these people and re add them.

I have been able to create a new modified database and it saves no problem. Just this one seems to be giving me all the issues. Just happens it's the one I have a ton of hours in.

Thanks for the replies!

Archived