[FM11] Winners Park?... More Like Loserville!

RedFerret

GAME TYPE: - Journeyman

PATCH: - 11.1.0

Leagues Loaded (All Playable):

Africa:

- South Africa (First Division & Above)

Asia/Australasia:

- Australia (Hyundai A-League)

- China (First Division & Above)

- Hong Kong (HK First Division)

- South Korea (National League & Above)

N. America:

- Mexico (Promotion Division & Above)

- USA (MLS)

Europe:

- Austria (First Division & Above)

- Belgium (Third Divisions & Above)

- Croatia (Second Division & Above)

- Czech Rep. (Second Division & Above)

- Denmark (Second Divisions & Above)

- England (Regional Divisions & Above) (Courtesy of Uncle Ron's database)

- France (CFA & Above)

- Germany (Third Division & Above)

- Greece (National B Division & Above)

- Holland (Eerste Divisie & Above)

- Ireland (First Division & Above)

- Italy (Serie C2 & Above)

- N. Ireland (Second Division & Above)

- Poland (First Division & Above)

- Portugal (Second Division & Above)

- Romania (Second Division & Above)

- Russia (First Division & Above)

- Scotland (Third Division & Above)

- Spain (Second Division B & Above)

- Sweden (Second Division & Above)

- Switzerland (Challenge League & Above)

- Turkey (Second Division & Above)

- Ukraine (First League & Above)

- Wales (Principality Welsh Premier)

S. America:

- Argentina (Second Division & Above)

- Brazil (Third Division & Above)

OBJECTIVE:

As you can see, a lot of leagues. I've previously never really considered doing a 'journeyman' save before and with a newer, upgraded MacBook Pro (weyhey!) I've decided to put the machine through it's paces. The objective within this save is to do the best I can with the club I'm at with the option to consider exploring the continents and the leagues what are on offer. I'll be starting the game unemployed and probably will take the first job offer that comes along.

EDIT: Player naming will be present within this thread.

Enjoy...

July 14th 2010

Simon Murphy takes charge at Winner's Park!

Contract: £250p/w

Length: 1 year

Only after just one week of being within the confines of the job-centre, I had 4 job offers placed on the table, 2 from South Africa, 2 from South Korea. Both countries I had never even thought of managing in before. After much thought, I decided to take charge of Winner's Park in South Africa (mainly because of the name) on a 1-year deal. After brief discussions with the chairman Robert Mokgola and also with the backroom staff, it's now time to review what I had at my disposal and plot ahead for the the forthcoming season.

Winnersparklogo.jpeg

Winners Park FC (South Africa - First Division Inland)

Season 1 (2010/11) - Start of Season Review

Media Prediction: 7th | Title Odds: 5000/1 | Squad | Staff | Facilities | | Transfer Budget: £4.4k

Key Players:

- Abrah Khwenenyane - (GK) - Veteran Goalkeeper with safe hands.

- Jackie Ledwaba - (ST) - Veteran striker with a keen eye for the back of the net.

- Emmanuel Seale - (M/AMC) - Creative attacking midfielder, hopefully my main source of assists.

Youth Prospects:

None.

And so it begins!...

JULY 2010:

(Friendly) Winners Park 4-1 African Wanderers (H) - WIN

(Goals: Ledwaba: 12" & 37" & 47", Buchanin: 56") - Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Line-Ups

Overall a comfortable victory after coming from behind after conceding a needless penalty after 10 minutes. Star striker Jackie Ledwaba then ran the show, getting a hat-trick. His 2nd goal was a lovely run from the center of the park and just placing the ball in bottom left corner, just out of reach of the opposition keeper. Happy with the result as pre-match comments were that African Wanderers were a competitive team.

MOTM: Jackie Ledwaba (Winners Park)

(Friendly) Winners Park 2-2 Phoenix City (H) DRAW

(Goals: Jacobs: 75" & 87") - Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Line-Ups

Shocking first half in which left us 2-0 down by the interval. The defence was shambolic, especially the performance from right back Duncan Issacs, who for the second goal, played the most magnificent pass to the opposition player in which they scored from. After the grilling the team recieved at the half-time team talk and some subs coming up, up came right midfielder Tsepho Jacobs, who easily made the difference since coming on and scoring both of our goals.

MOTM: Syndey Ngubane (Phoenix City)

(Friendly) Woodside (N. Ireland) 0-3 Winners Park (A) WIN

(Goals: Ledwaba: 13", pen 40" Nwandila: 52") - Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Line-Ups

A journey to N. Ireland was in order as a nice healthy payday (14k) was due. First half couldn't of gone any better as Jackie Ledwaba scored after a simple finish pass the keeper. To make matter worse for Woodside, Adam Campbell got a red card for clearly bringing down Ledwaba when he was through on goal in which Ledwaba duly converted the spot kick. Second half was much of the same, when in the 52nd minute, central midfielder Noel Nwandila capitalised on some lacklustre Woodside defending to make it 3-0. For the rest of the match we should of scored more and even with Woodside full back Gary McFaul getting a straight red for a reckless challenge, it wasn't to be. Also the game brought debuts for experienced midfielder Abram Nteo, hopefully to give us the creative edge in the center of the pitch and veteran center back Zakia Mokoanyane, who'll hopefully be a rock at the back.

AUGUST 2010:

(Friendly) NK Xingji (China) 1-1 Winners Park (A) DRAW

(Goals: Seale: 49") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Line-Ups

Another game just so we had a good bit of financial backing heading into the season against Chinese side NK Xingji, a game which we should of won. Had a goal disallowed for an offside within the first 10 mins. After half-time, up came Emmanuel Seale, who scored with a mazy run from midfield and struck from 20 yards into the top corner. Despite dominating the came, they equalised late on with a goal which came from a lovely cross out wide. All in all, disappointed with the end result as it should of been much more. Game also brought a debut for new central midfielder Sheldon Plaartjies.

MOTM: Emmanuel Seale (Winners Park)

(Friendly) Winners Park 0-3 Kaizer Chiefs (H) LOSS

(Goals: N/A) Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Line-Ups

Back to South Africa against Premier side Kaizer Chiefs in a game to see roughly how far I need to go with the team against better opposition. Personally, 'I predict a riot!'... ;) Straight from the off, we were under pressure with Kaizer Chiefs hitting the crossbar in under 5 minutes. That woke us up abit and we actually started to play the ball well and create some decent chances. Then all of a sudden after a good chance gone begging, Kaizer Chiefs hit us on the counter with a nice breakaway goal. Second half was much of the same, both sides contributing to what was a good game to watch but despite playing some nice football, we fell down to eventually a 3-0 defeat. Despite the result, I felt optimistic for the future. The game also brought a debut for new signing Oscar Moholho, someone who should be a decent quality backup for the midfield.

MOTM: Jose Antonio Torrealba (Kaizer Chiefs)

(First Div. Cup) Bay Utd 5-2 Winners Parks (A) LOSS

(Goals: Ledwaba: 46" & 77") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Line-Ups

So, the first competitive game in charge and against opposition who the press think I don't have a chance in hell of beating (CLICK). 2 more signings were made just before the game, both of which will start. Thabo Phiri and Thato Msheli. The game went pretty much as the press predicted. Bay Utd were a team who were recently relegated and despite that, still show the class which is needed to go straight back up. We had a go, but the better team won. Despite the score, the positive is Jackie Ledwaba still has his scoring boots on getting both of our goals.

MOTM: Jimmy Kauleza (Bay Utd)

(League) Jomo Cosmos 2-0 Winners Parks (A) LOSS

(Goals: N/A ) Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Line-Ups

First league game of the season and we're already up against the division favourites away. Not the most easist of starts I must say!. The press again are completely writing us off and I'm not really that optistmic about our chances. One piece of good news before the game is I finally signed a high quality left-back who I had been chasing all pre-season for. Abednego Netshiozwi will hopefully be our final piece of the puzzle. To the match and the match itself was a wide open affair. We dominated possession for long periods but just couldn't break them down. Unfortunately their first goal was simply put a piece of magic from 25 yards out just before half time. Second half was much of the same, good possession, no end result and at the end we gave another goal away through tiredness/sloppiness as the keeper failed to collect a long ball from the opposition. Again, I'm reasonably satisfied with the performance we put in.

MOTM: Siza Diamini (Jomo Cosmos)

END OF MONTH REVIEW:

Despite not winning a single game in August, it wasn't all bleak as our last performance showed we can play well against some of the bigger sides. Now I know though, is that to finish somewhere decent within the table I'll need to beat the teams I'm supposed to beat and try to get a good record going at home to stand a chance. Realistically at this stage, promotion is definitely out the window. I know with the team I have at my disposal I don't think we could hold a challenge. But who knows? The team of 'winners' might go on and surprise me...

League Table | League Position Graph | Player Ratings: League | Player Ratings: Squad

Next Game: Dynamo FC (Home)

SEPTEMBER 2010

(League) Winners Park 0-0 Dynamo FC (H) DRAW

(Goals: N/A) Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Line-ups

The start of the season has been as hard one in terms of fixtures as we are now up against predicted runners-up for the league. Might aswell get all the hard games out of the way eh? Anyways the game itself Dynamo largely dominated for long periods, but surprisingly lacked the killer instinct to put the ball in the back of the net. Club captain and defender Zakia Mokoanyane finally put in a good performance for what I signed him for, but overall myself, and the fans are more than pleased with the result, despite not scoring.

MOTM: Thapelo Tshilo (Dynamos FC)

(League) Black Leopards 2-1 Winners Park (A) LOSS

(Goals: Seale: 11" ) Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Line-ups

Well I thought the games were gonna get easier but now we're away to current leaders Black Leopards who have won all 3 of the games so far. Someone at the South African FA must really love us... To the match itself, we took a surprisingly early lead when Emmanuel Seale latched onto a through ball in just the 11th minute, the perfect start. Again this was short lived as we conceded what was a debatable penalty to say the least and then just 6 minutes later the Leopard's scored again with a goal much similar to our own. Again the performance was good and we had our share of the game but I'm now starting to ponder if we can actually turn these performances into results.

(League) Winners Park 2-0 Witbank Spurs (H) WIN

(Goals: Mohohlo: 13", Mwandila: 47") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Line-ups

Finally we have a game against opposition who were supposed to beat. And did we! Pretty much had this much won from straight to finish, the team created a ton of chances and in all fairness the game should of been a higher scoreline. The game got off to a good start when midfielder Oscar Mohohlo scored with a header from a corner. Then just before half-time the only scare of the game was when we conceded a penalty in which Witbank Spurs duly sent it wide. After half-time it was much of the same, we're playing well and creating openings and not long after kick-off we were 2-0 up with Noel Nwandila scoring with a nice finish from close range. A good result! Special mention to left back Abednego Netshioswi with a good performance in defence aswell as effective coming forward.

MOTM: Abednego Netshiozwi (Winners Park)

(League) TUKS 1-2 Winners Park (A) WIN

(Goals: Mokoanyane: 68", Mtsheli: 84") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Line-ups

Another challenging tie in which again the media thought we were facing the impossible, but boy did we prove them wrong in what was probably our best performance since I took over. We was helped when in the 31st minute they had a player sent off for a nasty tackle which luckily didn't hurt anyone but despite being in control, we lost the lead after they scored with a pretty routine goal in which I was disappointed in conceding. Half time came, and I spurred the players on in the we could actually win this and second half was a sight to behold. TUKS were under the kosh and in the 68th minute up came captain Zakia Mokoanyane who emphatically headed home an equaliser from the corner. After that I told the guys to really attack them and we got our reward in the 84th minute when Thato Mtsheli scored from long range via deflection pass the despairing keeper. Really happy with this result and now makes it 2 wins on the bounce!

MOTM: Zakia Mokoanyane (Winners Park)

(League) Winners Park 1-0 FC United (H) WIN

(Goals: Mokeke: 25") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Line-ups

Next up, FC United, currently the league's in-form team and also who are at the moment 2nd within the league. But they wasn't the only team who were on form. Our last 2 games showed that we could play some impressive football and with the team starting to gel I was actually looking forward to the challenge. And so was the team... The match was a highly combative affair with a fair share of tackles and bookings but on the 25th minute, Thato Mokeke proved himself in place of normal striker Jackie Ledwaba who I dropped due to lack of form, scored with a clinical finish into the top corner past the keeper. Now I've got the decision of keeping with him or bring back Ledwaba for the next game. Also to point out, defender Thabo Phiri was a rock at the back and deservedly got man of the match with an exceptional performance.

MOTM: Thabo Phiri (Winners Park)

END OF MONTH REVIEW:

With the team now starting to gel and understand the tactics I want to play the performances for the month have largely been fantastic, with some good results against higher opposition. I think now I don't have to worry about relegation (hopefully...) and have come to the conclusion that my aim is to finish top 4 if I want a challenge. The only issue I have is that striker Jackie Ledwaba is in a bit of a goal drought, so hopefully he'll score very soon and start firing on all cylinders again.

League Table | League Position Graph | Player Ratings: League | Player Ratings: Squad

Next Game: Batau FC (A)

OCTOBER 2010:

(League) Batau FC 1-2 Winners Park (A) WIN

(Goals: Mohohlo: 4", Nteo: 13") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

Batau FC were next, a team of similar stature to ourselves and a kind of game I would want to win if I was serious about my top 4 ambition. Straight from the kick off the game was all action and we conceded a penalty within 2 minutes in which they converted. Luckily for us, just 2 minutes later we equalised from a strike just outside of the area from Oscar Mohohlo. Then on the 14th minute we scored again with a goal by Abram Nteo after taking advantage of some poor Batau defending. We had opportunities to score more afterwards but failed to convert. The game also came with a price as scorer Nteo was injured with a pulled hamstring and out for a month.

MOTM: Kerin Bantar Nsanyu (Batau FC)

(League) Winners Park 1-0 African Warriors (H) WIN

(Goals: Mokoanyane: 60") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

African Warriors, the leagues bottom side who have yet to register a point were our next opponents, and the game itself was a frustrating one. In the 29th minute they had a player sent off and we had a penalty awarded for us to only go and blast wide. Despite carving their defence open on numorous occasions, we couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. Half time came and I questioned if the team wanted the win, and up came captain Zakia Mokoanyane who scored with a powerful header from a corner in the 60th minute. Good game for us but disappointed with the scoreline.

MOTM: Zakia Mokoanyane

(League) Winners Park 0-1 Jomo Cosmos (H) LOSS

(Goals: N/A) Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

A game in which we nearly had a upset against superior opposition if it weren't for our poor finishing, it's starting to become a recurring theme now and I'm beginning to wonder what I've got to do to get my strikers to score! Despite the opposition having the better side, we had the better of the game from start to finish, unfortunately for us they scored on the 34th minute with a clever finish after being put through one-on-one with the keeper. I think to myself 'what could of been...' Frustrating to say the least.

MOTM: Tico-Tico

(League) Dynamos FC 1-0 Winners Park (A) LOSS

Next up were in-form side Dynamos FC, a side who I decided on going out and playing more defensively in which it almost payed of. For the majority of the game Dynamo's had possession but we were forceful enough from not letting them do anything with it. Hoping for a snatch & grab, it came back to backfire us when they scored with their only shot on target in the 66th minute. Afterwards we just couldn't find a answer and left us with 2 losses in a row.

MOTM: Mayisisilua Lubanzadio

(League) Winners Park 1-1 Black Leopards (H) DRAW

(Goals: Seale: 40") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

Black Leopards, the current table toppers were up, and much like last time I set up a bit more defensively, hoping to get them on the counter. The tactics payed off as on the 40th minute, midfielder Emmanuel Seale scored when he broke the offside trap and place a neat finish pass the opposition keeper. Unfortunately however, the lead was short lived. Just 2 minutes later the Leopards broke back with an equaliser after they won possession in midfield only to score a nice 20-yarder into the bottom corner. The rest of the game both sides had chances but failed to convert.

MOTM: Robert Ng'ambi

END OF MONTH REVIEW:

All in all it was a ok month. We beat the teams I wanted to win, and it was a case of 'what could it of been...' when we were up against better opposition. I have noticed with the league that there its a massive divide in quality between the higher placed teams and the lower placed ones, and with that I don't know if this would be a job I'm patient enough to continue with to try to get a side of my nature who should be in a relegation dogfight to challenge with promotion. Who knows, I have still the rest of my contract to run down to think about it so we'll have to wait and see...

NEXT GAME: Witbank Spurs (A)

NOVEMBER 2010:

(League) Witbank Spurs 0-3 Winners Park (A) WIN

(Goals: Seale: 34" & 84", Nteo: 82") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineup

The Spurs were next and there was some pre-match banter with Spur's manager obviously having some jealously with the success I've been having recently. That actually 'spurred' the team on and product one of the performances of the season as we emphatically beat them at their ground. Emmanuel Seale started the scoring with a beautifully taken shot from just outside the box after 34 minutes. Coming to the closure of the game, Abram Nteo popped up with a nice finish on 82 minutes, just before Seale added his 2nd 2 minutes after with a nice close range shot pass the keeper. Great performance from all.

(League) Winners Park 4-3 TUKS (H) WIN

(Goals: Seale: 45+1" & 69", Ledwaba: pen 48" & 61") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineup

Now time for a nice goalfest as both sides played there part in terms of one of the games of the season! TUKS started proceedings when they went 2-0 up within the space of the first 8 minutes, definitely not the start I had in mind. But then in-form midfielder Emmanuel Seale got us a vital goal just before half time. After some encouragement at half-time, things got interesting as TUKS had a player sent off 2 minutes after the restart. This was where we put pressure on them and got our reward as we scored a goal from the spot from Jackie Ledwaba which was much needed for player and team. The goal added to Ledwaba's confidence as a moment of magic on 61 minutes where his curled in a lovely shot from about 25 yards. Things wasn't done though, as again Seale luckily placed the ball pass the keeper from a corner. Still there was nerves at the end in which TUKS won a penalty near the end to score and keep things interesting until the whistle.

(League) United FC 3-4 Winners Park (A) WIN

(Goals: Mokoanyane: 25", Ledwaba: 59", Mwandila: 84", Nteo: 90+5") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineup

Much like the last game, this one was full of drama in what was the game of the season thus far. Things again didn't start well as we were 2-0 down after 17 minutes. Up came inspiration captain Zakia Mokoanyane with another important goal from a corner. But then hero turned into villian as he then scored a own-goal. We got to half-time where we thought our current good patch of form will come to a abupt end, but a highly emotional teamtalk from your's truly spurred the side into life in the 2nd half. In the 59th minute we had a good bit of luck as Jackie Ledwaba somehow managed to poke the ball into the net from the most tightest of angles. What was even more lucky was the fact United had a legitimate penalty claimed turned down. That was a huge blow to their spirits and for the rest of the match they were under constant pressure from us. Finally we got the equaliser on the 84th minute as Noel Mwandila scored expertly across the goal into the far corner. Then just as the game was coming to close, in injury time, Abram Nteo got through onto a one-one-one situation where he cheekily chipped it pass the keeper to send my team and myself into rapture. We pulled off the comeback!

MOTM: Abram Nteo (Winners Park)

(League) Winners Park 4-1 Batau FC (H) WIN

(Goals: OG: 5", Mwandila: 22", Ledwaba: 36" & 76" ) Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

The scoring continue as again we scored 4 in a game for the third game running. We stuck early, in the 5th minute after the opposition defender hit the ball into the back of his own net from a dangerous cross. We stuck again not long after as Noel Mwandila had a effort outside the box go in after it took a nasty deflection, not that i'm complaining. Just before half-time, striker Jackie Ledwaba, who's now starting to come into form, clinically finished past the keeper within the 18 yard box. Half time came and I was delighted with the way the team were playing. Batau did manage to get one back but soon after we had our 3 goal lead back as Ledwaba again latched onto a through ball to slot it pass the keeper.

END OF MONTH REVIEW:

A fantastic month in which we came away with all the points which were available to us. Some will say we didn't play the bigger teams, but the performances the team put in were fantastic. There were games we dominated and there were games in which we thought we were down and out, but the team is developing a never say die attitude which I'm hoping will carry on till the end of the season.

NEXT GAME: African Warriors (A)

EDIT: Silly me forgot to save at the end of the month so the final game of the month against Batau FC had to be replayed. Originally it was a safe 1-0 win but fortunately for me it was another win and well, we got a better result... so I do apologise about that!.

This is an interesting thred to me since I am doing basically the same thing.

I started a multiple-league game and started as an unemployed manager with the lowest possible background level as a player.

Got my first job offer from Winners Park, just after a couple of days and decided to sign up.

I recognize several of your names; Seale and Ledwaba being the prime ones.

Funny thing is that I also signed Mtsheli and use him as a fighter at midfield.

I'm just at the beginning of my third year, and still in the Div 1 inland.

For more details or queries, just get back to me!

Btw, good results so far! I've had a real tough time with Dynamos and Black Leopards. Keep it up!

DECEMBER 2010:

(League) African Warriors 1-4 Winners Park (A) WIN

(Goals: Ledwaba: 20", Seale: 39", Mwandila: 63", Mokoanyane: 77") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

A new month and again, we're back with our scoring boots on, scoring 4 goals in a game yet again! (I can get used to this!). Striker Jackie Ledwaba started the rout on the 20th minute with a lovely placed shot from within the box. Emmanuel Seale decided he wanted a piece of the action when he latched onto a through ball from Ledwaba to slot pass the keeper. After the break, they pulled one back with a nice goal from out wide. But then quickly we seperated from the opposition again as Noel Mwandila scored from close range. To finish things off for sure, captain Zakia Mokoanyane finished things with a nice finish from a cross from outside the box. Another win!

MOTM: Zakia Mokoanyane (Winners Park)

(League) Jomo Cosmos 3-0 Winners Park (A) LOSS

Jomo Cosmos next, a team we are currently tightly contesting 3rd place in the league with so a win here would give us some breathing space with them. Disappointingly, the wrong team turned up from compared to previous game. We didn't even have a sniff of the play and we were soundly beaten. It was a shame that our good run of form had to end the way it did.

MOTM: Keamogetse Wolff (Jomo Cosmos)

(Friendly) Hanover Park 0-5 Winners Park (A) WIN

(Goals: Kokeke: 25" & 45+1", Seale: 29", Plaartjies: 49", Mwandila: 53") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

No games for 3 weeks led to this fixture with First Division Coastal team Hanover Park. I wanted to use this game as a morale building exercise to help build the team up in confidence after the beating they took in the game against Cosmos. And they delivered! In a 5-0 now demolition, things got started as striker Thato Kokeke, getting a start out ahead of usual striker Ledwaba, took advantage of some poor defending to finish home nicely. Emmanuel Seale scored just 4 minutes later with a expertly taken diving header. Then in injury time of the first half, Mokeke added a 2nd with a similar goal much like his first. Half time came and went, but the scoring continued, with midfielder Sheldon Plaartjies scoring his very first goal for the club after 49 minutes. Then 4 minutes later, Noel Nwandila ended the scoring with a screamer from 25 yards. Overall the perfect antidote for the previous game, and couldn't of asked more from the team.

MOTM: Noel Mwandila (Winners Park)

END OF MONTH REVIEW:

With playing very few games this month, there isn't really much to talk about. It's a shame our good run of wins in the league came to and end but hopefully we're now in the position to challenge/maintain the objective of getting top 4 at the end of the season. Next game is not gonna be easy mind, we're against Dynamos FC, who are top of the league and are STILL unbeaten all season. Let's see if we can change that!

Next Game: Dynamos FC (H)

JANUARY 2011:

(League) Winners Park 0-0 Dynamos FC (H) DRAW

The first game of 2011 and we were up against undefeated Dynamos. Not a bad way to kick off the year. Home advantage definitely helped as we battled away to a worthy 0-0 against superior opposition. I was delighted how the team actually managed to pull of more chances against them, but couldn't provide with the finishing.

MOTM: Thapelo Tshilo (Dynamos FC)

(League) Black Leopards 3-1 Winners Park (A) LOSS

(Goals: Nteo: 90") Match Report | Players Ratings | Starting Lineups

A game again against better opposition, but this time we were truly outclassed. From the first whistle we were under pressure and just couldn't get any momentum going. The only saving grace was that we scored, a nice goal from Abram Nteo just before the final whistle.

MOTM: Paulus Shipanga (Black Leopards)

(Friendly) Juventus (RSA) 2-2 Winners Park (A) DRAW

(Goals: Seale: 39", Mohohlo: 90") Match Report | Players Ratings | Starting Lineups

Again with only 2 league games this month, I decided to arrange another friendly just so the squad can keep it's match sharpness for the final run to the end of the season. The game itself, was made much harder than what it should of been after striker Thato Mokeke decided to go in recklessly with a challenge in which then got himself send off after only 13 minutes on the clock.This allowed Juve to come on the offensive and scored just 3 minutes later. Then in the 39th minute, a change of fortune as Emmanuel Seale seized upon an opportunity to score pass the keeper. Half time came, and much like the first half, it was a tightly contested affair and then in the 80th minute, Juve scored from outside the box, via deflection. Luckily for us, super sub Oscar Mohohlo scored in injury time with a real poachers effort.

MOTM: Andile Mofokeng (Juventus RSA)

END OF MONTH REVIEW:

The month itself was a quiet one in which only 2 games of relevance were played with the highlight coming from the 0-0 draw against Dynamos. We've fallen back down to 5th in the table as United FC are now starting to show some form, but the challenge of coming top 4 is still plausible. Another key note, midfielder Emmanuel Seale has been called up to the Tanzania squad for the first time. Well done!

League Table | [League Position Graph | Player Ratings: League | Player Ratings: Squad

Next Game: Witbank Spurs (H)

FEBRUARY 2011:

(South Africa FA Cup) Jomo Cosmos 0-0 Winners Park - Cosmos win 4-1 on penalties (A) LOSS

During the 2 week break from the previous game, the first round of the South African FA Cup was drawn and we were put up against familiar opposition in Jomo Cosmos. We still have yet to score pass them in all of our previous encounters, so I knew this was gonna be a tough one. We played well, probably the best we've done against them so far, but it wasn't enough as the game went to the lottery of penalties and ended up losing the shootout 4-1. A shame really, despite the performance.

MOTM: Mayala Makweni (Winners Park)

(League) Winners Park 2-1 Witbank Spurs (H) WIN

(Goals: Ledwaba: pen 12", Seale: 45+1) Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

After the heartbreak of the FA Cup, I had to make sure that our morale wouldn't take a bashing, luckily for us we were against opposition who we've gone accustomed to beating. The game itself was a lot closer than what it should of been mind, and got of to the worse start possible as they took the lead after 3 minutes but we got the breakthrough on the 12th minute as Jackie Ledwaba expertly converted his penalty which he won himself. On the eve of half-time, we took the lead as newly crowned Tanzanian international Emmanuel Seale got through on goal and converted. All in all, a comfortable victory in the end.

MOTM: Abram Nteo (Winners Park)

(League) TUKS 0-2 Winners Park (A) WIN

(Goals: Ledwaba: pen 54", 86") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

MOTM: Jackie Ledwaba

END OF MONTH REVIEW:

A good month in the league, but a missed opportunity within the FA Cup. With my exploits in the league, I'm also generating interest back in my homeland of England with the media predicting I might be interested in some League 2 jobs should their current managers not decided to renew their contracts with their current clubs. Am I interested, we'll have to see...

Next Game: United FC (H)

MARCH 2011:

(League) Winners Park 1-1 United FC (H) DRAW

(Goals: Nwandila: 56") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

Important game here in which we didn't performance anywhere near the way we can play. Both teams are in similar positions within the table and with the chances United FC created, a 1-1 draw was a result I can be happy with. Despite creating more chances, we took the lead in the 58th minute through a nice finish from Noel Nwandila. Soon after though, United justifiably equalised.

MOTM: Steve Lekoelea (United FC)

(League) Batau FC 3-2 Winners Park (A) LOSS

(Goals: Evans: 28", Mohohlo: 75") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

The bad patch of performance continues into the next game as we lost a gritty game to a team I would expect to win against now. Things started of fine as we took a league with a debut goal from Siphiwe Evans, filling in at center back. Things turned sour and before half time we were 2-1 down. Things didn't get better in the 2nd half as Batau added a 3rd in the 48th minute. Our consolation game from midfielder Oscar Mohohlo scored from a nice shot in the 75th minute. Disappointing...

MOTM: Luyanda Niyake (Batau FC)

(League) Winners Park 4-1 African Warriors (H) WIN

(Goals: Mwandila: 18", 25", pen 35", OG: 31") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

After the previous 2 games where the team put in some lacklustre performance, a game against bottom side African Warriors was the perfect remedy hopefully to end this small bad patch of form. The team came out firing and by half time we were 4-0 up. We should have added more and unfortunately gave away a sloppy goal in the process but all in all a perfect way to fix our problem. Star of the match undeniably was midfielder Noel Mwandila, who put in a fantastic performance and got himself a hat-trick.

MOTM: Noel Mwandila (Winners Park)

(League) Winners Park 2-1 Jomo Cosmos (H) WIN

(Goals: Phiri: 27", Mwandila: 81") Match Report | Player Ratings | Starting Lineups

A big game against our old nemesis Jomo Cosmos, and with a point to prove after being unfairly knocked out of the FA Cup by Cosmos last month, the team chipped in with their performance of the season so far. Goals from defender Thabo Phiri and in-form midfielder Noel Mwandila was enough to settle the score finally and get a win against a team who we haven't scored against in normal playing time previously. Delighted would be understatment!.

MOTM: Thabo Phiri (Winners Park)

END OF MONTH REVIEW:

A month of 2 halves as a dissapointing first half concluded with a fantastic second half. The performance against Jomo Cosmos was definitely a highlight and left us just 2 points behind 3rd place with a game in hand in the league. 3rd place at the moment is being contested between ourselves, Jomo Cosmos & United FC, and it's looking to be a epic finale for the season.

Next Game: Dynamos FC (A)

Archived