[FM11] Dan's world tour - unlikely to come to a club near you

DanGLiverpool

Dan's World Tour - currently at: América (PE) - Brazilian Pernambuco State Championship - City: Goiana (PE)

Stadium - Agamenon Magalhaes - Capacity: 5000 (0 seated) - Owned by: Íbis SC

Honours:

None

Competitive Record:

11 Won

3 Drawn

8 Lost

Goals:

For: 41

Against: 26

So, started a Dafuge challenge, but decided that this year I want to be a journeyman.

So, I started with this set up

Huge database (got it online)

Argentina (level 2)

Australia (level 1)

Belgium (Level 3)

Brazil (level 5 + state champs, a partial reality mod downloaded online)

England (level 10)

Germany (level 3)

Italy (level 2)

Mexico (level 2)

Scotland (level 4)

South Africa (level 2)

South Korea (level 2)

Spain (level 2)

USA (level 1)

Went on holiday for all of 11 hours before getting a job offer from América (PE) of the Brazilian Pernambuco State Championship, and Lower Division (fictional to allow more Brazilian teams to be playable)

Me - http://i52.tinypic.com/148ewo.jpg

My Squad - http://i56.tinypic.com/jqokd4.jpg

Haven't got a match for 6 months though, so things will go along slowly to begin with.

The aim - to manage at as many clubs as possible and do as much as possibility. Job loyalty is at 0 really.

What's likely to happen - I'll end up as a lower league manager who wouldn't be worthy of being covered on Les Rosbifs.

Update

So, still not got any matches yet, arranged some weekly friendly matches during the empty time to raise some money as well as fitness, with the limited squad I've got.

Bought in 6 loanees to improve the quality of the squad, so I currently have a first team squad of 19 players (including the 6 loanees, not paying for any of their wages which is a bonus). Only weak link is left back, which is a bit of struggle to find a good player for, but got a scout on the job for that, only issue is that I can only offer £70 p/w max to players, even if they are key players, due to financial limitations, so it's a very hard job getting in decent players. Very annoying, and that was after getting a budget increase too.

Increased staff allowances after some pestering, as you do.

It's a hard start to my career, but I'm getting there a bit.

Update

With about 3 weeks until the season starts, my squad stands currently at 16 players (got rid of 1/2 star no hopers taking up valuable money), and I only own 6 of these players, the other ten being loanees, but when I'm working with a 2.8k p/w wage budget (am 700 p/w over it, and can only offer 70 p/w max to a player, which doesn't get anything here), and the average half decent player asking for £400 a week, it's hard to afford players, so getting in loans whose wages I don't pay for is the way to go for me.

Got some financially benefitial away friendlies which have helped the coffers, alongside a 26k boost from the board to help the running of the club. Currently 63k in debt, with a 20k profit so far this month.

Reckon the squad is capable enough to get me places, but chances are this job won't be the longest one I ever have.

End of pre-season update

Managed to get pre-season over and done with, but my threadbare squad of 17 had better avoid injury this season, or else I'll likely be playing some odd formations to get around things.

Will likely do 6 game updates for competitive games.

Let's hope for the best.

January 2011 Update

Well, it started off so well. Despite fielding just 6 subs in the first game, I was comfortable for the first two, scoring 9 goals in two games against weaker opposition. Then, I met two Serie B sides intent on getting back into the Serie A after relegation. My skimpy team put up a brave fight in both games, but lost 2-0 and 1-0 respectively at Nautico and at home to local rivals Sport Recife.

I then lost to another Serie B side, Salgueiro, by 2 goals to 0. Considering I am 3 divisions below these sides, the 3 results were not entirely humiliating. I ended January with a 0-0 home draw against Serie D side Central. So, after January, I sit 8th out of 12 teams, despite being top after matchdays 1 and 2.

Matches

Cabense (H) 4-0 Score Formation Match stats Player stats

Academica Vitoria (A) 5-0 Score Formation Match stats Player stats

Nautico (A) 0-2 Score Formation Match Stats Player Stats

Sport Recife (H) 0-1 Score FormationMatch Stats Player stats

Salgueiro (A) 0-2 Score Formation Match Stats Player stats

Central (H) 0-0 Score Formation Match stats Player stats

Misc

Team

Team stats

Finances

Table

February 2011 update

Another 6 game month here. It started off drably, with a 1-1 draw at Araripina. Then, I won 5-0 to point-less Petrolina, then lost 1-0 at Porto (PE). I followed this up with a 6-0 thrashing of Ypiranga, and a disappointing 2-0 loss to Santa Cruz. The month ended on a high note though with a 5-2 win away at Cabense.

You'll notice that at the moment, my team either lose narrowly, or win by high margains, but that seems to be a common trait over here.

Results

Araripina (a) 1-1

Petrolina (h) 5-0

Porto (PE) (a) 0-1

Ypiranga (PE) (h) 6-0

Santa Cruz (a) 0-2

Cabense (a) 5-2

Position:7th

Finances:+33,487

I decided that I won't be uploading screenshots from now on, but I will be taking them for the main screen, formations, match stats and player stats, as well as monthly league tables and financial/player stats, so if there is any particular screenshot you may wish to see, just request and I'll upload it.

March 2011 update

A very good month here, winning 5 out of my 7 matches. I started with a 2-1 win against Academica, followed by losses at home to Nautico, and away at Sport Recife (who have only recently conceded their first goal in the league, went the whole opening stage without conceding a goal). I picked it back up that with a 2-1 win at Central, and a 3-0 win against Araripina. I rounded off the month with a 2-0 away win at Petrolina, and a 2-1 home win to Porto, leaving me 4th overall, and 3rd in the closing stage (finished 7th in the opening stage)

Matches

Academica Vitoria (h) 2-1

Nautico (h) 0-4

Sport Recife (a) 0-3

Central (a) 2-1

Araripina (h) 3-0

Petrolina (a) 2-0

Porto (h) 2-1

Overall Position: 4th

Opening Stage: 7th (finished)

Closing Stage: 3rd (in progress)

Finances: +50,373

A short month is ahead in April, with just 3 competitive games it seems to play, so that update is likely to come tonight as well.

April 2011 - End of State Season - Review

The season ended on an ok note. A 3-2 win at Ypiranga made me think that I had a chance of nicking 4th overall, and even 2nd in the closing stage. However, a 2-0 loss at home to Salgueiro, and a last gap goal conceded to draw 1-1 to Santa Cruz scuppered this, and in the end, I had to settle for 5th overall, after a disappointing 7th place in the opening stage was lifted up with a decent 4th place in the closing (was 2 points off second, but goal difference would have made it impossible to get there, although 3rd was in my grasp)

Results

Ypiranga (a) 3-2

Salgueiro (h) 0-2

Santa Cruz (h) 1-1

Finances: +61,130

Opening

Closing

Overall

Note that the lack of an overall champion just yet is because the top two teams have to play a 2 legged final, which is over at the start of May.

FWIW now, my next competitive match is in August

Quickie Update

So, going through pre-season. Tested out a few friendlies against certain teams, including my first round lower league opponents, and the team getting promoted to the state top division.

The board are being ridiculous atm, they don't see the need to have a feeder or parent club, as they don't provide any use apparently, increase my wage budget above 2.8k a week despite the fact I've raise about 300k for the club, or invest in youth facilities, as they feel there'll be no chance of getting someone worthy from there. Signed a new contract, although at this rate it won't be lasting, as I'm growing frustrated with the board.

Learnt Portuguese fluently though which is nice, no knowledge of Brazil though :S

Archived