Holland(All)

Ireland(All)

Italy(All)

Northern Ireland(All)

Portugal(All)

Scotland(All)

Spain(All)

Wales(All)

All players of nationality loaded from most of those nations above and Argentina and Brazil. Total player count is at 118,000.

I am starting of with past history as a Sunday League Footballer.

I know the last one didn't work out as I was sacked during the second season. That's why I have started again.

The squad that I have at my disposal is certainly a good one which with a few tweaks here and there should be able to win the Championship. I get a choice of promotion or winner. I have decided to choose promotion as I feel that £500k and a £110k wage budget(£18k left to spend) is more than enough. The weakest points in the team are left and right midfield and left back.

Pre Season 2010

Fixtures

Stirling 0-4 Nottingham Forest

We dominated this game from start to finish and we deserved to win by four goals. Rob Earnshaw got us off to a great start by scoring after seven minutes. He doubled his tally and ours when he scored in the 37th minute. At half time everyone except from Garath McCleary came off. Two more goals were scored and the goalscorers were Lewis McGugan on 77 minutes and Garath McCleary in the 84th minute.

Dundee 0-4 Nottingham Forest

The early exchanges of this match had been fairly equal. But just before half time Garath McCleary scored the opener. At half time everyone except for Paul Anderson came off and that goal just before half time seemed to kick start our game. Trialist Guillermo Franco scored in the 49th minute. Then in the 55th minute Paul Anderson grabbed our third. On 71 minutes Raddy Majewski scored. We could have scored a fifth goal but unfortunately new signing Leigh Griffiths was offside.

Nottingham Forest 2-0 Nurnberg

This was a fairly even game at The City Ground but Nurnberg’s inability to hit the target meant that we ran out comfortable winners. Trialist Guillermo Franco scored after 13 minutes and then on 42 minutes Paul McKenna scored a great free kick.

Nottingham Forest 1-1 St Etienne

With neither side bale to take complete control the inevitable happened. We took the lead in the 60th minute when Leigh Griffith scored. However, three minutes later and Moustapha Bayal scored for St Etienne.

Southend United 1-2 Nottingham Forest

Southend gave us a good game but we came out winners. It was still level when we got to half time and I continued my decision to field a totally different team in the second half apart from Leigh Griffiths who played the full match. Raddy Majewski grabbed the opener on 59 minutes. Ten minutes later Dexter Blackstock scored which doubled our lead. In the 85th minute George Smith got a goal back for Southend but unfortunately they couldn’t find the equaliser.

Nottingham Forest 2-0 West Ham United

West Ham were the better side in this game but their inability to convert some of their shots in to goals cost them. We had fair amount of shots on target and were more clinical in front of goal. Chris Cohen got us off to a flyer by scoring in the 2nd minute. Again I made full changes to the team ready for the 2nd half and Brendan Moloney in his new role as a right midfielder scored after 57 minutes which means we have remained unbeaten throughout pre season.

I am delighted with the way we have played throughout pre season. Some of the signings that I have made have been good and I am still looking at bringing in a few more faces.

Fixtures

Transfers

Players Out

So 6 players have left The City Ground although only two of them are permanent. Zannetos Mytides, Kieron Freeman, Nialle Rodney and Karlton Watson have all gone out of loan. Dele Adebola Has left the club on a free transfer and he has joined Southampton. The reason for this is because he is 35 and on £5k a week. I felt this could be better spent. Nathan Tyson has joined Scunthorpe United for £275k over 4 years. Tyson is a good player but he would have been 5th choice striker and probably wouldn’t have offered much to the team. It’s a good deal as his contract would have expired at the end of the season.

Players In

Five players have joined us and two are on free transfers.They are Jay DeMerit and Enzo Maresca. DeMerit has joined on a three year deal and he will provide some great competition to the other 4 central defenders. Leigh Griffiths joins from Dundee for £275k over 48 months. This is a great deal to say that Griffiths is still young and his scoring record is already amazing. Two other players have joined on loan. They are Seamus Coleman and Milan Misun. Coleman has come in to the side to provide competition for the right back role with Chris Gunter whilst Milan Misun has joined from Celtic and will provide competition with Ryan Bertrand on the other flank. Brendan Moloney is in the process of being re-trained as right midfielder as I feel his attributes are better suited to that role.

Transfers

Ciaran Clark has joined on a season long loan from Aston Villa. I will probably send Joel Lynch out on loan.

Florian Martin has joined on a season long loan from FC Lorient.

Wilfried Niflore, managed to sign this guy for free from Litex. He was valued at £75k and I got him for free. He is now valued at £500k :D.

August 2010

Nottingham Forest 3-0 Norwich City

This game was fairly even in the first half and Norwich gave us a run for our money. However, just before half time Leigh Griffiths scored his first goal for the club. This gave us the momentum and in the second half we were the better side. Paul Anderson grabbed our second in the 73rd minute and on 80 minutes Garath McCleary rounded off a great first win of the season.

Nottingham Forest 6-1 Bury (League Cup)

We completely dominated this game and were unlucky not to win by 10 goals. Dexter Blackstock got us off to a great start by scoring after two minutes. Although we didn’t score again until the 41th minute we could have scored at least 3 maybe more. We had 2 efforts that hit the crossbar and Dexter Blackstock also had a goal disallowed. The goalscorer for the second goal was Florian Martin. Just after half time debutant Wilfried Niflore scored his first and second goals for the club in the 47th and 53rd minutes respectively. Efe Sodje then made it 4-1 in the 50th minute. Then despite having more chances we didn’t score again until Raddy Majewski was fouled and we were given a penalty in the 69th minute. Niflore stepped up to score his hat trick and our fifth. Then in between the fifth and the sixth goal we had another goal disallowed again. It was again Dexter Blackstock who was the unlucky one. Then in the second minute of stoppage time Luke Chambers scored from a Chris Cohen corner to score our sixth.

Leeds United 1-3 Nottingham Forest

Leeds United were by far the better side during the first half of this game and they took the lead in the fourth minute through an Alex Bruce header from a corner. Despite not playing at our best we managed to pull level in the twelfth minute through Rob Earnshaw. Things started to pick up but were still nervy as Leigh Griffiths was close to getting a second yellow card. I had already decided that at half time I would sub him for Dexter Blackstock. Griffiths did have one good moment though when he set up Paul Anderson to score in the 40th minute to help us go in to the second half leading. This goal helped as when the second half started we were the better team and we finally wrapped up the victory when Dexter Blackstock scored in the 77th minute to make it 3-1.

Nottingham Forest 2-2 Hull City

We got off to a great start when Kelvin Wilson scored a screamer from 30 yards. We caused more trouble for Hull and should have had a second through Leigh Griffiths but unfortunately it was disallowed. Jay Simpson levelled the game up with a goal in the 27th minute. Things were all square until the 77th minute when Wes Morgan scored from a corner. Unfortunately though 2 minutes later Liam Rosenior levelled the game again with a cross/shot.

Coventry City 0-3 Nottingham Forest (League Cup)

This was an even game but some clinical finishing from Rob Earnshaw means that we are through to the next round. Rob Earnshaw scored the first on 27 minutes. Six minutes later he grabbed his second. Then seven minutes in to the second half he grabbed his hat trick.

Cardiff City 0-1 Nottingham Forest

This was a real backs to the wall victory. Cardiff had 24 shots with ten on target compared to our 8 shots with 4 on target. Paul Anderson got what turned out to be the winner on 29 minutes.

Nottingham Forest 3-1 Preston North End

Although we didn’t have as much possession as Preston we used our possession well enough to have more shots which ultimately meant we scored more goals. Wilfried Niflore scored the opener after 4 minutes. It stayed like this until the 59th minute when Leigh Griffiths grabbed his second league goal of the season. Griffiths then rounded of the victory by grabbing his second and our third on 89 minutes. Joshua King scored a consolation goal in the first minute of stoppage time.

Well, what can I say an excellent month which could have only been topped off by winning all our games had we not be unlucky with Liam Rosenior scoring a fluky goal. We have got to the third round of the League Cup which is good and all my players seem to be playing great and seemed to have blended well. Matt Thornhill has left the club on a six month loan. He has joined Walsall.

League

Fixtures

September 2010

Queens Park Rangers 1-2 Nottingham Forest

Despite QPR sitting 21st at the start of this game this game proved that with a couple of good results they should easily climb up the table. We managed to take the lead through Raddy Majewski in the 23rd minute. However, that lead was shortlived as in the 26th minute Rob Hulse equalised. Leigh Griffiths then had a goal disallowed and the game stayed at 1-1 until I made a few subs and Rob Earnshaw grabbed the winner in the 67th minute.

Nottingham Forest 1-0 Barnsley

We dominated this game from start to finish and had nine shots on target. Our inability though to convert these shots on target in to goals nearly cost us a victory. Florian Martin got the only goal of the game on 21 minutes. Jim O’Brien was sent off in the 65th minute.

Nottingham Forest 3-1 Reading

This was a fairly even game at The City Ground but a clinical finishing which resulted in a hat trick from Dexter Blackstock meant we won quite comfortably in the end. Blackstock gave us the lead just before half time. Then he doubled our lead in the 65th minute before on 86 minutes he got his hat trick. Jay Emmanuel-Thomas grabbed a consolation goal for Reading in the 88th minute.

Nottingham Forest 0-1 Blackburn Rovers (League Cup)

This was a fairly even game but our inability to get more of our 10 shots at goal cost us. Vince Grella grabbed the winner after 35 minutes.

Scunthorpe United 1-0 Nottingham Forest

I had to make some changes to the team for this game and they should have done better. We never really got in to this game and Scunthorpe got the only goal of the game through Abou Coulibaly on 79 minutes.

Leicester City 0-3 Nottingham Forest

We completely dominated this game from start to finish and we got off to a flying start after Dexter Blackstock scored in the 6th minute. In the 19th minute Paul Anderson got an injury which will see him out for two months. On 32 minutes Chris Cohen got our second. Miguel Vitor then saw a straight red on the stroke of half time. We had goal disallowed in the second half but it didn’t matter as Raddy Majewski scored a 35 yard screamer to make the game end 3-0 to us.

I’m fairly pleased with September. We got to the third round of the League Cup and we are still top of the Championship. Hopefully this form can continue

League

Fixtures

October 2010

Nottingham Forest 0-0 Millwall

There wasn’t anything really good about this game just a boring 0-0 draw.

Ipswich Town 3-3 Nottingham Forest

We got off to a great start in this game as two goals in three minutes gave us a 2-0 lead. Dexter Blackstock and Wes Morgan were the scorers. David Norris pulled one back in the 16th minute. Then in the 32nd minute Carlos Edwards equalised before in the 39th minute Darren O’Dea put Ipswich ahead. We couldn’t find a goal despite trying until the 86th minute when Kelvin Wilson scored from a corner to rescue us a point.

Nottingham Forest 1-1 Doncaster Rovers

A fairly even game at The City Ground with not much to talk about. Lewis McGugan gave us the lead after 15 minutes. Bertrand Robert equalised in the 52nd minute.

Bristol City 1-0 Nottingham Forest

We never really got going in this game and Bristol City deserved to win this game as they managed to convert one of the chances. Sam Vokes got the only goal of the game after 30 minutes.

Sheffield United 2-2 Nottingham Forest

We could be fairly pleased with this result but also be disappointed as well. A draw away at Brammall Lane is usually a good result. We took the lead in the seventh minute when Wilfried Niflore gave us the lead. However, Leon Britton levelled straight after. Niflore put us back in the lead straight away and we managed to hold on to the lead until the 87th minute when Jamie Ward scored the equaliser.

October has been somewhat of an average month as we have only picked up four points from a possible fifteen. I haven’t got any screenshots as I continued to play on, sorry.

November 2010

Nottingham Forest 0-0 Swansea City

Another boring goalless draw. Both sides had fairly equal possession and shots but neither side could break the deadlock.

Nottingham Forest 1-1 Portsmouth

Although the result suggests otherwise we had a better game although it could have been a different result. Pompey only had one shot on target and that was there goal which they scored in the twelfth minute through Dave Kitson. We nearly didn’t grab an equaliser but we got a penalty in the 74th minute and Wilfried Niflore scored it.

Burnley 0-0 Nottingham Forest

We travelled to top of the table Burnley hoping to grab out first win in eight games. However, we came nowhere near doing that as Burnley completely dominated us. They had seventeen shots to our five but as they managed to only get two on target the game ended in a draw.

Nottingham Forest 4-0 Derby County

Derby were the better side in this game but the fact that they could only muster three shots out of their twelve on target meant that we were victorious. We managed to get six of our seven shots on target and lucky for us four of them went in. A Steven Bywater own goal on nineteen minutes gifted us the lead. On 38 minutes Dexter Blackstock put us two up. Then one minute after the restart Wilfried Niflore got our third before David McGoldrick rounded off a great victory by scoring our fourth in the first minute of stoppage time.

Watford 2-2 Nottingham Forest

We didn’t have the best of games at Vicarage Road and we were lucky to come away with a draw. Troy Deeney put Watford ahead in the 11th minute. He then doubled Watford’s lead in the 54th minute with his second goal. Wes Morgan pulled one back in the 80th minute which meant there was a nervy finish. Lucky for us there was a lot of stoppage time and Dexter Blackstock grabbed the equaliser in the fifth minute of stoppage time.

The month of November hasn’t been the best of months again but it’s an improvement. We currently sit fourth going in to December and I am hoping for a big improvement as we look to close the seven point gap on the leaders.

League

Fixtures

December 2010

Middlesbrough 1-0 Nottingham Forest

This was fairly even game but we conceded a late goal in the 88th minute which was scored by Scott McDonald.

Nottingham Forest 2-0 Coventry City

We completely dominated this game from start to finish and we thoroughly deserved to win by two goals. Although it could have been more. Wilfried Niflore got both our goals in the sixth and nineteenth minutes respectively. Niflore could have got his hat trick in the 84th minute through a penalty but unfortunately he missed it.

Norwich City 0-1 Nottingham Forest

Norwich dominated this game from start to finish and they could count themselves unlucky not to have won. We only had one shot on target and that was Paul McKenna’s goal in the eighth minute.

Nottingham Forest 3-0 Leeds United

We dominated this game and deserved to win 3-0. Our job was made somewhat easier when Neil Kilkenny was sent off in the ninth minute. Rob Earnshaw opened the scoring in the twelfth minute. In the 41st minute Paul Anderson doubled our lead before he rounded off the scoring by grabbing his second in the 75th minute.

Crystal Palace 2-1 Nottingham Forest

We travelled to Selhurst Park on the back of mixed form. We could probably count ourselves unlucky again as we conceded another late goal which condemned us to our third defeat in five games. The goalscorers for Crystal Palace were Danny Verbeek and Owen Garvan, whilst Wilfried Niflore got our goal.

So December has been a fairly average month again but much better than October and November.

January 2011

Hull City 1-2 Nottingham Forest

We travelled to Hull looking for a good start to the New Year and we got just that. In a tight game at The Circle, Hull took the lead through Kevin Kilbane in the 25th minute. However, goals from Paul McKenna and Rob Earnshaw in the 31st and 38th minute respectively meant that we went back to Nottingham with all three points.

Nottingham Forest 3-1 Cardiff City

Cardiff could count themselves lucky that they didn’t lose by more than three goals in this game as we had 25 shots with thirteen on target. Leigh Griffiths got the opener in the 39th minute. In stoppage time of the first half he garbbed his second. Craig Bellamy scored Cardiff’s goal in the 57th minute before Garath McCleary got our third of the game in stoppage time of the second half.

Luton Town 0-4 Nottingham Forest (FA Cup)

We comfortably secured our passage through to the next round. Our goalscorers were Chris Cohen, Wilfried Niflore, Rob Earnshaw and Dexter Blackstock.

Preston North End 3-2 Nottingham Forest

Maybe it’s my tactics but again we have been hit with goal scored in the last few minutes of the game. Preston were probably the better side and they took the lead in the 39th minute through Chris Brown. However, four minutes after the restart new loan signing Bebe got the equaliser. This seemed to set us on our way as Neil Trotman scored an own goal on 55 minutes. On 77 minutes Sean St. Ledger got the equaliser. Then in the third minute of second half stoppage time Paul Hayes got the winner.

Nottingham Forest 4-1 Queens Park Rangers

This was an even game at The City Ground and clinical finishing from us meant that we ran out 4-1 winners. We got off to a great start when Jay DeMerit scored after six minutes. Clint Hill got QPR’s goal in the seventeenth minute. Dexter Blackstock put us back in the lead in the 50th minute before Wilfried Niflore scored two late goals to secure a great win.

Charlton Athletic 0-1 Nottingham Forest (FA Cup)

We probably should have won this game by a bigger margin but I am pleased that we are through to the next round. We had a Rob Earnshaw goal disallowed in the first half which meant the game was level going in to the second half. However, once Dexter Blackstock scored a few minutes after the restart it was all us and we could have got a few more.

So January has been a good month and it looks like we could be back on the right path. October, November and December have cost us as we are still seven points off second and eight points off first. We currently sit third.

League

Fixtures

Archived