3d kits not working in match view

chrisf84

hi have downloaded a set of 3d kits , have put the files in the following location : mydocuments/sportsinteractive/graphics/pictures/kits/3d as instructed with a config xml file but when i view the match in 3d the original plain kits appear, i have logos, facepacks, 2d kits in information screens etc that are all working and have patched the game up to 11.1.1.

Do 3d kits not work at the moment or am i doing something wrong please help as this is really bugging me at the mo!!

thanks btw love fm2011 it rules my life !!!

The template for 3D kits changed with FM11 from that of FM09 and '10. If you want 3D kits on the pitch in FM11, you need kits developed speciffically for FM11.

If that's not your issue, post the config.xml that's referencing your .png's and a screenie of the folder containing the .png's, and we'll take a look...

Hi, thanx for the reply,

here is were the kits came from : http://forum.fm-view.com/topic/12920-3d-kits-for-fm2011/

the kits are of the fm2011 template as far as im aware and are designed for fm2011 here is the config.xml :

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="arsenal_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/602/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="arsenal_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/602/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="arsenal_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/602/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="aston_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/603/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="aston_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/603/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="aston_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/603/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="barnet_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/605/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="barnet_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/605/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="barnsley_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/606/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="barnsley_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/606/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="birmingham_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/609/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="birmingham_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/609/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="birmingham_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/609/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="blackburn_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/612/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="blackburn_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/612/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="blackburn_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/612/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="blackpool_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/613/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="blackpool_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/613/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="blackpool_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/613/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="bolton_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/614/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="bolton_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/614/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="bolton_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/614/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="bristol city_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/619/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="bristol city_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/619/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="bristolrovers_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/620/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="bristolrovers_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/620/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="bury_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/623/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="bury_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/623/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="charlton_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/628/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="charlton_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/628/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="chelsea_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/630/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="chelsea_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/630/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="chelsea_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/630/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="coventry_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/639/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="coventry_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/639/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="crystal palace_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/642/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="crystal palace_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/642/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="everton_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/650/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="everton_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/650/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="fulham_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/654/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="fulham_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/654/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="fulham_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/654/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="hull_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/665/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="hull_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/665/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="leeds united_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/671/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="leeds united_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/671/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="liverpool_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/676/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="liverpool_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/676/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="liverpool_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/676/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="mancity_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/679/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="mancity_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/679/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="mancity_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/679/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="manutd_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/680/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="manutd_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/680/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="manutd_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/680/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="newcastle_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/688/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="newcastle_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/688/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="newcastle_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/688/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="preston_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/700/kit_textures/Kaway"/>

<record from="reading_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/702/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="reading_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/702/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="reading_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/702/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="southhampton_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/713/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="southhampton_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/713/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="stoke_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/721/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="stoke_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/721/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="sunderland_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/722/kkit_textures/away"/>

<record from="sunderland_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/722/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="swansea_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/724/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="swansea_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/724/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="tottenham_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/728/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="tottenham_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/728/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="tottenham_third" to="graphics/pictures/team/728/kit_textures/third"/>

<record from="watford_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/732/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="watford_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/732/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="wba_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/734/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="wba_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/734/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="westham_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/735/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="westham_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/735/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="wigan_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/737/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="wigan_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/737/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="wolves_away" to="graphics/pictures/team/740/kit_textures/away"/>

<record from="wolves_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/740/kit_textures/home"/>

</list>

</record>

and a screenshot of the folder they are in :

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa402/chrisf841/3dkits.jpg

were i dl it some of the people said it didnt work others say that it did so im pretty sure i can make it work just puzzled at the mo!! i have seen pics on the net with 3d kits working on fm2011.

thanks for your time and effort with this problem!! :D:D:D

In the config, each from="..." needs a '.png' after the filename, inside the quotes. i.e. <record from="arsenal_away.png" to=..... Edit: nevermind this. Just checked mine, and it doesn't have this.

Are you going through Preferences > Display and Sounds and unchecking "Use Graphics Cache" and checking "Reload Skin on Confirm", then hitting Confirm? I presume so, since you've already got faces and logos working. But have you tried starting FM with the Reload Skin still checked?

Edit: I'm assuming the config you posted is the one I can see in the folder screenie. There seems to be a problem with your Preston line..."one of these things/is not like the others/one of these things/just doesn't belong" (one of my favorite Sesame Street songs ;) )

Archived