Players for Wolves.

1st season, summer window, 8.0.2 patch.

Signed Mihelic, Piatti, Kasper Schmeichel (loan), Daryl Murphy and Anichebe (loan) so far.

Could do with strenthening the defence a bit, and a DM as I tend to use 1 in any formation I use.

Any suggestions?? Budget of up to £2mil.

(Wolves thread never gives much feedback and has no other real help, hence why im asking in here)

McLean and Gioda were my first choice centre backs for Wolves when i won the Premiership in my promotion season. So id say yes, they are good enough for the step up.

I loaned Nordveit for the first two seasons and he became a fans favourite. Tried to sign him permanently 3rd season but Arsenal werent interested.

I also had Ropotan in my 3 man midfield. Doesnt progress much, but is a consistent all-round player. I signed Marvin Elliot in January too, primarily as a right back, but moved back into midfield once i had better cover in defence. I saw Charlton loan Banega first season, so you could try get him early. He's brilliant for Championship level. Nyron Nosworthy can be bought for £250k, David van Zanten for 85k, and Paul Quinn is a decent cheap option for cover for about £140k.

Gutted this lad Gioda isnt on my database icon_frown.gif

hopefully have mcclean coming in for around £750K and Ropotan for around the same price.

Midfield looks good, as does up front. Just want to sort the defence before the season starts.

Should i try and bring Nordveit in on loan?

Should i try and sell the likes of Breen and Collins?

Originally posted by CharlieKins:

McClean wasnt interested icon_frown.gif

Any other ideas??

Ropotan was solid in his 1st match, hope he continues to look good.

Id go with the Nordveit loan then. It saves your transfer budget, and his stats go up after just a couple of weeks. He can slowly work his way into the first team, and you can re-loan him again for the Premiership season.

Collins was a donkey for me, so I sold him in January after he got unhappy too. If you dont need him, its worth selling him off straight away. I kept Breen till the end of the season for cover, then released him. His influence is useful to keep around the team.

Archived