Pure Athletes

I am an absolute sucker for pure athleticism. Give me the natural talents - pace, power, etc. - and, with the proper training, he will turn from an athlete into a proper footballer (or pick your sport and position). This bias has no choice but to translate itself - rightly or wrongly - into my FM management, particularly through the scouting and ultimate signing of players.

My question is this: have you had particular success with a player who may not have initially had the right mental or technical ability, but who had sheer athletic prowess that you paired with trained technique to create a world-class footballer?

I'm interested to hear if anyone shares my sentiments in irrational favoritism.

when managing in lower league physical stats are all you need especially inthe BSP if you have a strong and quick striker he will bang them in even if his finishing is only 7 eg Bas Savage. and defenders i think then need some kind of decent tackling and heading stat but just aslong as they have decent strength and jumping they seem to be fine.

with regens definately physical stats are a must have but they are very rare. when you do find one its alot easier to turn them into a world class player than one starting with good technical stats.

I'll definitely not sign a player if he has great technical attributes but poor physical attributes. Stamina, work rate and natural fitness play a huge part in my fast tempo'd tactic, slow, unfit technical footballers wouldn't find a place.

Archived