Hearing about Xavis amazing passing record at this World Cup, how do you get a player to pass that much? I have tried it with Fabregas, but cannot get him to pass that much? What instructions and role should he be in? And how do you get a player to pass that much like Xavi?

i cant make good tactics on fm anyway but when i make a slightly decent one , one of my cm has had up to 90-99 passes a game , gutted ive never reached 100 , i think a way to do it is slow build up with short passing

He should be the designated playmaker in a deep lying playmaker role. Your team should play short passing and your goalkeeper should distribute to him or to the defenders. Setting passing through the middle and free role for the player also helps.

To get player pass a lot you need to get him away from pressing and crowd in midfield ( hence dlp ) and he needs to be the first option anyone considers when looking for a pass. Sometimes there's an AMC or deep lying forward that's set to mark your playmaker tightly hence free role to let him look for space away from this guy and still be an option for your team.

In the spanish set up busquets is in there to get the ball to xavi which helps.

Play a slow tempo and short passing game and also restrict the amount of through balls in your team to get the side playing it to feet. Reduce his forward runs to get him playing deep and concentrate the ball through the middle.

Archived