The Spanish Inquisition [*Established Clan*]

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spanjocks-Valencia.gif

Fear the Mighty Murcia ... erm , Atletico ... erm , VALENCIA!

Yes, the season is over, and after guiding Murcia to the top 8, and then taking over at struggling giants Atletico Madrid, the unsurprising sacking of Savio Mambo opened the door to one of the biggest clubs in the land, Valencia CF. After the departure of their legendary coach Gaz Tonerino, the club had faltered severely, despite their amazing playing staff. This was Bodragueno's biggest challenge ever. And yet he was hampered at every turn by a lack of finances, and overpaid players reluctant to leave the good life and free supply of halftime oranges. Despite this, he still managed to persuade Real Madrid to swop star midfielder Freddy Guarin for promising german striker Lukas Podolski, safe in the knowledge that with Pazzini , Mokoena , Robinho and Adriano still at the club, they could afford the loss of a striker. More still had to be done though, to cover the midfield area, and Bodragueno splashed out £11M to bring the Colombian wing sensation Javier Araujo in from his old club Atletico Madrid. And he returned a former fan favourite to the club in the shape of Maradona, a snip at £3M from Fiorentina, where previous coach Savio Mambo had allowed him to go for peanuts.

And so the season starts. Real look untouchable. £75M spent on one player, Cristiano Ronaldo. But where will the challenge come from? Barca reportedly have money to burn, and Madrid knocked back a £75M bid for their own star midfielders , Bastian Schweinsteiger. Can Valencia split the giants once more, or are they still playing catchup with the big boys after Mambo's escapades?

Guest sav112

Savio Mambo responded today in the press saying

“It was good to see Valencia back, they might not be back to there best but felt there squad which was unchanged during Savio's sabbatical season was full proof given actually being managed and even if they don’t win the title they are expected to be at the very worst 2nd anything other to me would be a failure with that talent available. Having strong management would see them recover from last season which seen Savio’s assistant take charge for 90% of the season while he was off. With last season and my absence I’m back and ready for management and ready to upset a few Teams on the way. Maybe I could decide the out come of the league title the way my team did before on the last day to upset Valencia and deny them the title"

icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

Bo on at some point to have a look at the job situation before another season is done and dusted.

Just out of interest we must have the only Clan game that’s been played so far into the future. 2011 for god’s sake.

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

I'm shattered the day lads, will hopefully make it on but there is every chance I'm going to fall into my bed as soon as I get home and not get out it ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif Poof

Tis a sad story, 2 different save files wont process past the 12th of Feb. it gets to the date and the game just vanishes icon_frown.gif

A 3rd file however does and i ran it well into April last night and it was still working but some of the lads are of the feeling it would just be better to bury the game.

Guest sav112

Steve there is a few things like the players History, Manager History and stats that have been well wiped by the hand of big Marv (AKA God) I’ve played 400 odd matches but won none according to the stats and I definitely remember winning at least three off them icon_wink.gif. Gaz lost all his Records after winning so much and finally winning that CL final. icon_smile.gif

Plus there was that double Manager thing in the network client that always looked doggy, I mean we had two Davies with Celta and one is certainly more than enough. icon_rolleyes.gif

We never started fresh with this game with it being the most upto date, it got patched and then patched again and finally patched to 5.0.5 and amazingly held out to entertain us and it might be after passing from host to host getting a bit iffy.

Sure we could carry on this game as Gaz said he got one of them working but it’s a few months back and before the window.

All I can say is new game or continuance of the Old I’ll be there and god help the poor club to hires me…….

icon_biggrin.gif

ah the curse of the sunday catches up with the spanjocks.

To be honest lads, thats whats killed my joy of the sunday game, really takes the wind out your sails it does arrrggggg aye matey !

We can carry on or I've still got the germany game save which is a nice clean new setup I can pass across, I've already started a site and some banners, its your call lads.

We could run Germany sunday Monday thursday.

Its an option.

I just looked in to read how it was going with you guys, sorry to hear the dreaded file corrupt happened to your game as well, was a fecking excellent game you had there. I hope I can possibly join the clan in the future once things are resolved at my end. Good luck in Germany icon14.gif

eh lets do spain again but lets start in the 2nd? eh i bags Celta btw icon_biggrin.gif only kiddin ....not! full leagues?

are all 10 members still up for it?

if we can sort something out rather sharp, then surely we can kick off tonight

aim to get all members on a even playing field

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

So are we going on tonight to talk about it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no STD i told you its over icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

So are we going on tonight to talk about it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no STD i told you its over icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is YOUR word final :p

Guest sav112

I must say I liked Spain myself, 2nd div that could be a problem for me I might actually have to work out tactics and formations icon_rolleyes.gif and not just the usual man management of my players. And we all know we’ll jump ship being the glory hunters we are and wanting mucho dosh to spend on stars. icon_smile.gif

As long as Az brings his parrot I’m happy, a Parrott picking teams (Fantastic). icon_biggrin.gif

Right there was a pablo guy I think his name was he was good, Adriano he was good what I’d give for my old short list…… icon_frown.gif

Catch you later 7ish you say. icon14.gif

Guest sav112

I’m sure we could keep this thread and its established clan status all we need is for a mod (and we have one playing after all) icon_smile.gif

“The Spanish Inquisition / German Oktoberfest†the early years!

Davie could keep what we have just to remember a great game that was Spain icon14.gif and add the German twist if he likes.

Plus I’ve got this thread bookmarked

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

I think there might be a new thread called for as soon as the banners and stuff are ready. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

are we playing tonight?

Iain are you hosting the Sunday game?

how many members do we have now?

has bod won any money playing poker in the last 5 days?

doesn't the Scotland strip look rather smart?

oh yeah are we playing tonight? in any shape or form?pleaseeeeeee icon_rolleyes.gif

No plans for a game tonight Davie.

Going to do some work the night that I need to get out the way.

We've started a new germany game so I don't see much point in playing two sunday games.

Not sure of the current memebers status, I'll send out an email the day and get back to you, an SPL game might be good crack even if just a little one, I'll be msn the day if you need to catch me.

cheers

Iain

listen up lads

i need a few details from you , to update the members profiles

Age-

City-

Favorite Teams-

Favorite FM2005 Player -

Previous/Other Clans-

CMO/FMO 1st time-

Email-

send to below or tell me this Thursday

sifm@blueyonder.co.uk

eh ive done a few so far, nicked some mug shots from other lesserclans

Members Profiles

got a huge space for the banners(hint hint Iain)

once i get the banners i'll work on another crappy flash intro thing

cya all this Thursday(unless Gaz server/router fooks up again)

Did Gaz return last night? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no but news reports from Aberdeen , are as followed , young man found naked, bare back riding his pc down in Union St, after giving his router one hell of a kicking

Archived