The importance of training?

SFraser's training schedules seem highly thought of - I've not used them, as I do training routines for specific positions relevant to my tactic and like to do my own as it's part of the fun.

The commonly held view is that training doesn't improve your players (CA - current ability) - experience, games, etc does that. A player's attributes will rise as their CA rises. What training does, is determine which attributes increase, so you can 'tailor' a player. There are different ways of doing that - I think SFraser's schedules go to the detailed level of different schedules for different positions AND ages, for instance.

Personally I use 6 or 7 schedules for non-youth players; GK, FB, CB, WM, CM, ST and CR or DM depending on which formation I'm concentrating on (4411 or 4141). I'll usually do 3 for youths (DEF, MID, ATT) and maybe a couple of special ones - a fitness regime for players with poor physical stats, or a 'light' routine for older players who tire during the season.

Personally I use 6 or 7 schedules for non-youth players; GK, FB, CB, WM, CM, ST and CR or DM depending on which formation I'm concentrating on (4411 or 4141). I'll usually do 3 for youths (DEF, MID, ATT) and maybe a couple of special ones - a fitness regime for players with poor physical stats, or a 'light' routine for older players who tire during the season.

I do something very similar to that

@ redmark

The commonly held view is that training doesn't improve your players (CA - current ability) - experience, games, etc does that. A player's attributes will rise as their CA rises. What training does, is determine which attributes increase, so you can 'tailor' a player

Interesting; I never saw it from this perspective.

Is there anyone else that seconds this?

@ redmark

Interesting; I never saw it from this perspective.

Is there anyone else that seconds this?

From what I have heard redmark is correct, training reshapes attributes where a combination of playing games (the reputation of the club makes a big difference) and the mental attributes professionalism, ambition and workrate with professionalism being the main one increase a players CA, without professionalism a player will really struggle to improve.

This explains it in high detail http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=111311

For Youth, I think that you can concentrate training on Strength and Aerobic area..Cause technical attributes will be gained later when they got older..

And when the player increase his strength and aerobic area, he increase in the same time the load of training work he can accept, he get better condition recovery, can do better things during match with more pace, more activity etc...etc..

Strength and aerobic are like an "engine" for the future career of the young player.

For Youth, I think that you can concentrate training on Strength and Aerobic area..Cause technical attributes will be gained later when they got older..

And when the player increase his strength and aerobic area, he increase in the same time the load of training work he can accept, he get better condition recovery, can do better things during match with more pace, more activity etc...etc..

Strength and aerobic are like an "engine" for the future career of the young player.

I agree; my youth schedules essentially have strength/aerobic close to where I have them for adult players, just with some 'light' skills training in the respective areas important for DEF/MID/ATT.

Archived