The European Clan : The FM06 years

hibs2ny.png

New Boss At Easter Road

New boss Stuart Reid, recently installed as the new Hibernian set to work making hi mark on the current squad of players.

Although an excellent squad was already in place before his arrival, Reid felt that the squad needed to be strengthened, as well as further investment in the youth policy.

New faces brought in were:

Edgar Marcelino Free Transfer Free

Alejandro Free Transfer Free

21.7.2005 Rosa, Fábio Free Transfer Free

21.7.2005 Bendtsen, Ronnie Køge £16K

24.7.2005 Guðmundsson, Haraldur Freyr Aalesund £4K

24.7.2005 Colpaert, Steve FC Brussels £80K

25.7.2005 Ruud, Espen Odd Grenland £140K

26.7.2005 K. Ingebretsen, Bjarne Lyn £30K

29.7.2005 Jourdren, Geoffrey Montpellier £100K

31.7.2005 Macallister, Dylan Brann £55K

1.8.2005 Høgli, Tom Bodø-Glimt £18K

3.8.2005 Kirk, Quavas Los Angeles £60K

3.8.2005 Petrovic, Aleksandro FC Bayern £3K

9.8.2005 Berg, Marcus IFK Göteborg £1M

31.8.2005 Rosenthal, Jan Hannover £45K

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hibs2ny.png

New Boss At Easter Road

New boss Stuart Reid, recently installed as the new Hibernian set to work making hi mark on the current squad of players.

Although an excellent squad was already in place before his arrival, Reid felt that the squad needed to be strengthened, as well as further investment in the youth policy.

New faces brought in were:

Edgar Marcelino - Free - This young, Portugese right midfielder is a bright prospect

Alejandro - Free - Spanish striking hot prospect

Bendtsen, Ronnie - £16K - Full/wing back from Koge. One for the future

Guðmundsson, Haraldur Freyr - £4k - Bought from Aalesund in a cut price deal this centre back should add depth to the defence

Colpaert, Steve - £80k - Another young centre back to provide excellent cover. Came from Belgian side FC Brussels

Ruud, Espen - £140k - This versatile defender/midfielder, an excellent capture from Odd Grenland should be the future of Hibs.

K. Ingebretsen, Bjarne - £30k - Attacking left midfielder from Lyn should add a bit of creative spark down the left hand side.

Jourdren, Geoffrey - £100k - Young French goalkeeper from Montpellier. Straight into the 1st team jersey.

Macallister, Dylan - £55k - Striking cover for Riordan and O'Connor from Brann.

Høgli, Tom - £18k - Defensive prospect from Bodø-Glimt

Kirk, Quavas - £60k - Great capture from Los Angeles. Big things are expected from this lad.

Petrovic, Aleksandro - £3k - Transfer listed by FC Bayern, Reid picked him up in another bargain basement deal.

Berg, Marcus - £1m - Big money signing from IFK Göteborg. Reid will be expecting big things from this youngster.

Leaving the club were:

Glass, Stephen - £150k - Dundee Utd

Malkowski, Zbigniew - £600k - Grasshopper

Shiels, Dean - £1.5m - Everton

An encouraging start to the season sees the Hibees sitting pretty at the top of the SPL ahead of the Old Firm with 5 wins from their 1st 6 games. However Celtic in the league and Roma in the UEFA Cup are the next, much sterner test for Hibs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reidy888:

Weird. Double post......sort of. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh yeah its two for the price of one icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

killie4dg.png

The killie Fans looked on as other teams brought players in, Hibs for example had to buy a bigger icon_biggrin.gif bus but all this was not for the new man at the helm down Kilmarnock way. Manager Robertson played his own game and his style was to get know the club and players and fully scout and build slowly from the back.

There was no quick fix with nothing in the kitty so he would have to go down the free agent route but would not be jumping or expecting anything this season truth be told.

At this point there has been no transfers either way and only after assessment and scouting will there be movement, but a new training staff will be expected to bring the club up to standard.

The thought right now “Killie average team – average performance only our pies are in the champions league!â€

dunfermline4du.png

A Class A-Par-t

The decision to part company with Big Jim (moved upstairs again) and appoint a new boss didnt go down well with the Pars faithful. Theyd seen managers come and go, and the club hadnt moved forward in years. So which first time, inexperienced, former club "legend" would the board be appointing this time?

"Weve decided to appoint a manager with experience in the top leagues in the world, a winner of several European Cups, domestic leagues in Spain, Italy, England and here in Scotland"

The press conference fell about laughing. The fans at home held their heads, and acknowledged that John Yorkston had finally lost the plot. Nobody with those qualifications went anywhere near regional teams like Dunfermline.

Then out walked Stevie "Bod" McGuinness

Jaws hit the floor. Microphones were quickly switched on, cameras all trained on the new man, and the fans at home cried with joy.

"Thanks for coming gentlemen. I know your first question is 'why Dunfermline when you were wanted by Real Madrid , Man United , Juventus & Bayern Munich'. The answer is simple. Ive been around the world, ive played the best teams in the world, and somewhere in there, I realised I wanted to come home. Dunfermline offered me that chance, and I was happy to accept. Im not being paid, theres no transfer budget, the clubs in a well documented amount of debt, and you know what? I couldnt be happier. Thanks for your time gentlemen, Ill see you in the dugout Saturday for the season opener"

And that was it. Bod was in charge. All hell was about to break loose.

motherwell8lv.png

A hush decinded upon the press conference as Motherwell chairman had just announced Terry Butchers departure to Sydney FC. Motherwell fans were in shock and confused one of their best managers in years had suddenly left them for the other side of the world. That was all to be soon forgotten when Bill Dickie announced that a new manager had already been lined up and had been signed, not only that but he was in attendance backstage at the press conference.

The Motherwell fans grew in anticipation just who could it be, some were praying it wasn't going to be Maurice Malpas or Ivan Golac, some's thoughts turned to Rangers veteren midfielder Alex Rae but the man who appeared was to shock them all. Bill Dickie had pulled off one of the biggest deals in the history of football he had just announced to the shocked journalists and fans alike that the club had secured the services of managerial legend Gary Toner. Toner returning from his self sabatical of football previously of Valencia, Real Sociedad & Chelsea among others had just taken the reigns of Motherwell to the shock and amazement of everyone in attendance and worldwide.

This was going to be an exciting time for the well fans and for the people looking in had Toner lost the touch after so long out? we wait and see.

lutontown8hh.png

Our Hero

at last, on game 12 of the season, Luton win two games on the bounce.

It was quite a day for the Hatters, and the Luton hero was on loan striker Matt Derbyshire, who laid on the first goal for on loan Owen Garvan.

It wasn't a pretty match, there wasn't much finesse, but Luton dug in, fought for every ball and came out on top.

Watford seemed to be well on top against their Championship opponents in the opening exchanges, but failed to convert this possession into chances.

Then Owen Garvan stunned the away fans with a superb opener in the 25th minute.

He broke forward and fired in a right footed shot from 30 yards. Foster didn't have a chance.

getting to half time and one in front, had the Luton faithful singing there hearts out

'Davie Orrs barmy army

We HATE Watford

Davie Orrs barmy army

We HATE Watford'

Then, just six minutes later, Sietes turned a simple tackle into a horror tackle and chopped Derbyshire in half, which lead to a straight red. as Derbyshire dissected the Watford defence. another heavy tackle came in from Carisle, just only 15 mins after the first red, Keith Hill flashed the red again.

now it was time for Luton to pull Watford apart and they did on the 67th min Derbyshire who was having his first start drilled home a 18 yard drive.

Watford heads where down, Boothroyd couldn't even look at Orr, more so after there spat in the national press during the week.

but things only got worst for Boothroyd and his team when man of the match Derbyshire header home his second and Lutons third on the 87th min.

the chant was theres only one Davie Orr from the main stand.

hibs2ny.png

HIBEES CRASH OUT OF EUROPE BUT REMAIN TOP OF THE SPL

A diabolical UEFA Cup draw saw Hibernian drawn against the mighty Italian side Roma in the 1st round. With a first team featuring Totti, Montella, De Rossi, Chivu and Mexes, qualification was always going to be difficult for Hibs. A visit to the Stadio Olympico in Rome saw a respectable 2-0 defeat with Montella and De Rossi scoring the goals.

The 2nd leg saw a much improved Hibs performance with the side securing a 2-2 draw. Goals from Riordan and Quavas Kirk meant that Stuart Reids side kept the tie respectable.

With the early European exit Reid can now concentrate his efforts on retaining the very strong league position, which has already brought a 3-1 win over Celtic and a 2-1 victory away at Hearts. Which sees the Hibees sitting proudly on top of the SPL table.

New and exciting new signings will soon join up with the squad as well. Things are looking good at Easter Road at the moment.

cardiff1qm.png

BLUEBIRDS FLYING HIGH

Sam Hammam had taken a lot of stick from Cardiff fans after hiring a manager few fans had heard of but 15 games the pre season relegation candidates are still top of the championship. New signing Piotr Wisniewski has settled in well and after a few appearances from the bench has forced himself into the first team, he made his first start in the league cup tie away to Yeovil, where after an early scare Cardiff came from behind to win 4-1 with Wisniewski getting a hat-trick, since then hes scored 6 in 6 games. Manager Barclay said " we signed Piotr with the intention of him being a back-up player and he was fine with this but his recent form has been outstanding and hes earned his place in the starting eleven". When asked about future signings at Ninian Park the manager had this to say " at the moment we're scouting a few players, it would be nice to strenghten the squad but it's not urgent and we do have a young lad coming in at the end of January". When pressed further Barclay went on to reveal that the new signing is Spencer Weir-Daley from Nottingham Forest, the fee is thought to be around 40k, and Daley is very much seen as a hot prospect for the future.

Latest Results

Cardiff 2-0 Norwich

Sheff Wed 0-2 Cardiff

LEAGUE-CUP Yeovil 1-4 Cardiff

Crewe 1-2 Cardiff

Cardiff 0-0 Plymouth

Brighton 1-1 Cardiff

Wolves 0-2 Cardiff

Cardiff 4-1 Preston

Cardiff 3-1 Southampton

Next-Fixture

League Cup- Cardiff vs Brighton

lutontown8hh.png

Results

Reading A 1-3

Preston H 1-0

Southampton H 0-1

Hull A 2-0

Watford H 3-0

Leicester A 0-1

Sheff Utd H 1-3

Crystal Palace H 0-4

Leeds A 1-1

Ipswich A 0-0

Burnley H 0-0

QPR A 2-2

I've looked over the squad and already have sold of players who don't fill or are not up to standard

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 28.8.2005 | Hughes, Paul | Macclesfield | £16K |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 30.8.2005 | Holmes, Peter | Carlisle | £30K |

| 30.8.2005 | Perrett, Russell | Peterborough | £18K |

| 30.8.2005 | Showunmi, Enoch | Swansea | £70K |

| | Total | | £130K |

| | | | |

rised a few quid, to help build a nice kitty for any player i may wish to buy.

| Status | Person | To | Fee |

| 1.1.2006 | Davis, Sol | Lincoln | £35K |

| 1.1.2006 | Bell, David | York | £3K |

| | | | |

with these two leaving in the winter window

and a few other may also be following them.

I've got a list of players i would like to buy, but sadly Luton Town just don't have the cash for these players.

ipswich7xv.png

325167_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg Norwegian star Steffen Iversen keeps leading Ipswich Town in promotion battle. He scored 11 goals in 11 games and made 6 assists, he's currently leading his teams in all these categories also he's been man of the match 6 times and averaged a great 7.52 rating in 20 games so far.

Ipswich town hammered 1st Cardiff City 8-1 in their last league game and they're currently lying in 3rd place 6 points behind them. " Jim's doing a great job this season " said Ozdemir " but I think we've builded the best team in the league and i think we're one of the biggest favourites for the title this season."

lutontown8hh.png

Fixtures & Results

03.12 A Stoke 0 : 2

10.12 H Derby 2 : 3

13.12 H Coventry 0 : 0

17.12 A Sheff Wed CH

26.12 A Brighton CH

28.12 H Norwich CH

Competitions

Coca-Cola Championship 22nd (Possible Finish: 1st-24th)

FA Cup 3rd Rnd (v Bolton) Home tie

Carling Cup 1st Rnd

with the FA Cup we welcome Bolton,and i reckon we can sneak it.

Coca-Cola Championship

18th Crewe 22 -2 25

19th Coventry 22 -3 25

20th Stoke 22 -13 21

21st Preston 22 -7 20

22nd Luton 22 -11 19

23rd Watford 22 -20 14

24th Brighton 22 -34 7

only good tPlayer Statshing about our league postion is that we're above Watford icon14.gif

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer Three players (3)

Most Assists Steve Howard (5)

Man Of Match Chris Coyne (3)

Yellow Cards Two players (3)

Red Cards -

Average Rating Markus Heikkinen (6.90)

my main problem is the lack of strike power up front, when you think, we're half-way thru the season and the top scorer is on 3

Team Stats

Matches Played 23

Goals Scored 21 (0.9)

Goals Conceded 34 (1.5)

Yellow Cards 18 (0.8)

Red Cards -

Average Attendance 8510

i expected to be in a dog fight , but to be honest i didn't expect the team to struggle this much.

derbycounty1qs.png

With long term debts of 40 mil plus i entered the job knowing this was gonna be a very difficult job, but the chairman sold the club to me but showing me around the stadium and training facilities which were up to premership league standard.After a 2 hr chat with the chairman in which he told me about his 5 yrs plan for the club i immediatly signed on the dotted line..

I was optimistic about making the playoffs this season as my squad is yound and eager to learn and with talents like lee camp and lee holmes the future looks fairly bright if we can keep hold of them..

The season started well with 4 wins from 5 games,and then Cardiff arrived at pride park and played us off the pitch in a 5-2 win and ever since we have been very inconsistant,

But a good run in the league cup has seen us make the quater finals with a tough trip to villa park to look forward too.

Only 2 signing have been made the young matthias lepiller for 75k and Villanove for GK cover for lee camp..

Recent results.

A Southampton 0-2 derby

H Derby 2-0 Brighton

A Luton 2-3 Derby 3

H Derby 1-3 Sheff Wed

derbycounty1qs.png

With long term debts of 40 mil plus i entered the job knowing this was gonna be a very difficult job, but the chairman sold the club to me but showing me around the stadium and training facilities which were up to premership league standard.After a 2 hr chat with the chairman in which he told me about his 5 yrs plan for the club i immediatly signed on the dotted line..

I was optimistic about making the playoffs this season as my squad is yound and eager to learn and with talents like lee camp and lee holmes the future looks fairly bright if we can keep hold of them..

The season started well with 4 wins from 5 games,and then Cardiff arrived at pride park and played us off the pitch in a 5-2 win and ever since we have been very inconsistant,

But a good run in the league cup has seen us make the quater finals with a tough trip to villa park to look forward too.

Only 2 signing have been made the young matthias lepiller for 75k and Villanove for GK cover for lee camp..

Recent results.

A Southampton 0-2 derby

H Derby 2-0 Brighton

A Luton 2-3 Derby 3

H Derby 1-3 Sheff Wed

cardiff1qm.png

CARDIFF UPDATE

With another ten games of the season gone Cardiff have had a minor injury crisis and have found themselves slipping, picking up just 3 wins 3 draws and 4 defeats. However, at the halfway stage of the season they are in second place behind Crystal Palace on goal difference and 5 points ahead of third placed Ipswich. Now out of the league cup and a difficult away game against premiership Portsmouth in the F.A. cup they will be hoping to carry their early season good form into the second half of the year and consolidate a play-off place at least, but with no wins in their last 4 matches Barclay knows his team still have a lot of hard work to do and complacency isn't an option. Overall its been a magnificent first half of the season and second place was more than most Cardiff fans could have dreamed of, the only blip so far has been the humiliating 8-1 whitewash to Ipswich, keeper Etherington had been injured in the previous match and substitute Margetson was brought in but early on it was clear to see that his defenders had little confidence in him and Ipswich exploited this to perfection especially Stefan Iverson, after the match, unsurprisingly manager Jim Barclay was reluctant to comment but eventually he gave a quote " this has been the worst perfance i have ever seen, taking nothing away from Ipswich they totally out played us for 90 minutes but i am disgusted with every Cardiff players contribution here today, i have had strong words with them and even though we are second in the table they need to show me that they want to be here next season and i expect us to bouce back against Palace"

Results

League cup Cardiff 1-1 Brighton ( Cardiff win 2-1 a.e.t)

Hull 2-0 Cardiff

Reading 2-2 Cardiff

Cardiff 4-2 Watford

Leicester 4-2 Cardiff

Cardiff 2-0 Sheff Utd

League Cup-C Palace 2-0 Cardiff

Ipswich 8-1 Cardiff

Cardiff 2-2 C Palace

Burnley 2-2 Cardiff

Next-Fixture

Cardiff vs Q.P.R.- Championship

lutontown8hh.png

Fixtures & Results

04.01 A Crewe 2 : 2

07.01 H Bolton 2 : 2

14.01 A Cardiff CH

18.01 A Bolton FA

21.01 H Wolves CH

31.01 A Preston CH

Preston the big game coming up for us, and also the replay with Bolton as well at the Reebok

Coca-Cola Championship

18th Stoke 28 -10 34

19th Preston 28 -6 31

20th Coventry 28 -7 30

21st Crewe 28 -7 30

22nd Luton 28 -14 24

23rd Brighton 28 -30 20

24th Watford 28 -25 16

now you see why Preston a big game, with the gap of 6pts with Crewe and Preston 1 point ahead of them, its very important we beat these teams just above us

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer Steve Howard (5)

Most Assists Steve Howard (6)

Man Of Match Chris Coyne (3)

Yellow Cards Paul Underwood (4)

Red Cards Markus Heikkinen (1)

Average Rating Markus Heikkinen (6.88)

no one willing to join Luton on loan, so am gonna make do with what i have and hope for the best.

Team Stats

Matches Played 30

Goals Scored 29 (1.0)

Goals Conceded 45 (1.5)

Yellow Cards 28 (0.9)

Red Cards 1 (0.0)

Average Attendance 8698

Right i'm gonna ask a small thing here, you caants will probably ignore me but here goes icon_razz.gif

Can we restrict the use of images to banners only, the rest of the stuff makes the thread look messy and gives a sort of amatureish feel to the clan(see ric's icon_biggrin.gif )

Plus i'm sure the mod's don't appreciate the abuse of the image system icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Right i'm gonna ask a small thing here, you caants will probably ignore me but here goes icon_razz.gif

Can we restrict the use of images to banners only, the rest of the stuff makes the thread look messy and gives a sort of amatureish feel to the clan(see ric's icon_biggrin.gif )

Plus i'm sure the mod's don't appreciate the abuse of the image system icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its been posted on website Gaz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've been asked to ask all members in EUC( main game) and Scots Sunday not to post picture of players in our threads.

as a few members have rised the point of it being tacky looking.

and only Strips to be used in Scots Sunday thread (as its been ok with the game)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lutontown8hh.png

Times are hard at Kenilworth Road sitting 22nd with 10 games to play and 6 points adrift from saftey, theres no perssure yet said Orr " i believe i can save Luton from the drop, every game yes will be a cup final, and yes the clock is ticking , but perssure hell no, i knew from the start that is would be tough, but i took the challeange and i hope Luton let me finish the challeange, and hopfully we'll all be knocking back the drinks on the final day knowing we've done it and can look forward to another season in the championship.

lutontown8hh.png

Media Quotes

BBC_Three_Counties_stack.jpg

Simon Oxley here for three counties, with 6 games left and 8pts adrift from safety, is it time for Luton to cut there loses and sack Orr, Or do they hold on to him for another season in the league one? as i don't see Luton staying up.

bos.gif

what could he have done with such limited funds? hes been thru the mill with Luton Town and stuck by them, at least Luton Twon football club could do, would be to not sack Orr

logo.jpg

Sack him!

crewe1cg.png

The board are happy.

The players are happy.

The fans are happy.

The manager is not happy. We find out why.

I knew I had a lot to do at this club when I came in but I was always confident of avoiding relegation. In parts we've looked like a team that could do something, Eddie Johnson has nothced up 19 goals so far this season which is incredible to think that we are lying in 21st position.

We've shown that we can beat the best by holding out against Ipswitch, who will surely win the league, twice and beating them by a goal.

After a bad run I was losing patience with my creative 3-5-2 formation but decided to stick with it and fine tune it. I think the formation is one that could work well in the league but perhaps needs some more skillfull and talented players to fill in the gaps. We shall hope to sort this out in the summer.

I have signed a 2 year deal and taken a wage cut to stay at Crewe as I believe I have unfinished business here. The club has a nice stadium, passionate fans and training facilites that show the club is thinking about it's future. That is something I want to be part of.

Guest sav112

killie4dg.png

The Board are happy (That’s killie for you)

The players are needing a kick up the ****

The Fans I think are Happy although they seem to think I'm never in working.

The Manger is only annoyed at the injury list that was building up to silly extremes. Out of the top six should be regarded as failure for any SPL team, I right good shed of work needs done and it’s obvious at this stage very little has been done by a fly by night Manager. With even the slightest effort they should be sitting in the top six.

cardiff1qm.png

Cardiff Update

Finally Cardiff slipped from the top of the table as Ipswich hit a superb run of form and look destined to win the league. It looks like a battle between Crystal Palace and Cardiff for the second automatic promotion place, with only four games left and a four point difference between the sides Cardiff are in the driving seat but they face a tougher run in with games against Sheffield United, Leeds, top of the table Ipswich and Crystal Palace themselves which could turn out to be the decider.

RESULTS

Cardiff 3-0 Q.P.R.

Leeds 1-3 Cardiff

Millwall 3-2 Cardiff

Derby 0-0 Cardiff

Cardiff 0-1 Stoke

Cardiff 2-0 Luton

Coventry 6-3 Cardiff

Cardiff 2-0 Sheff Wed

Cardiff 1-0 Crewe

Norwich 5-1 Cardiff

Plymouth 2-1 Cardiff

Cardiff 3-1 Brighton

Cardiff 0-1 Wolves

Preston 0-1 Cardiff

Cardiff 3-2 Reading

Cardiff 4-1 Hull

Watford 2-1 Cardiff

Southampton 2-1 Cardiff

Cardiff 3-1 Leicester

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

SAV u better no make a **** of Killie or ill hunt you down and smash a 10 inch nail through yer bawsack! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its ok I have a dream icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

SAV u better no make a **** of Killie or ill hunt you down and smash a 10 inch nail through yer bawsack! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turps he is mate ugone2far10.gif

Guest sav112

killie4dg.png

Finishing the season 8th probably was not what the fans were hoping for but the manager can take on board that the season was a learning curve for him with killie, what was more surprising was that the manager went out to sign the old firm.

Neil Lennon and Alex Rae will be killie players next season, there legs might be tired but the experience priceless. A local reporter caught Lennon to get this comment

So you’ve signed for killie Neil what have you to say.

“Well it’s only fair the Girls in Kilmarnock have not seen enough of me, I mean there will be a few posters up on the walls and I cant blame them I’m gorgeousâ€

I think I’ll head over to your new Manager.

“Signing quality and that’s what we have with Neil and Alex should stand us in good stead, you might not get full games out of them but having them involved either at the Start or on the bench and in the training pitch will be beneficial I have no doubt and hopefully it will rub off on the younger playersâ€

It’s a new season and a new hope……………

icon_wink.gif

clanslogolastest15lo.png

we need a new host

emails have been sent out, get in touch asap if your up for the job.

all info in the email

damm i need to change the above banner, damm you Marty for getting sacked, need to ditch the Leeds strips for a Brighton one.

all those who went up last night to the EPL, i'll update your banners before the next session.

Well done to Nuke,Jim and i think Stevie ( was falling asleep at the point of your game, so don't remember if you won)

roll on 2nd Season

icon14.gif

i'll post league table once i get a copy from Reidy

like me and Marty care icon_rolleyes.gif

nevermind son League One here we come icon_biggrin.gif

cardiff1qm.png

CARDIFF MAKE THE PREMIERSHIP

Cardiff managed to hold on to second place and grab an automatic promotion to the premiership, with only four games left and Crystal Palace only four points behind them it was a real test of nerve. The Sheffield united game didn't go to plan and Cardiff came away losing 3-2 but as luck would have it Palace only drew so it was three games left and three points clear. Next up was the champions Ipswich at home which turned out to be a great game, end to end stuff all the way and it looked to be a 3-3 draw when in the 93rd minute Ipswich conceeded a penalty which was converted for a 4-3 win and with Palace to play next Cardiff needed only a draw to secure second. Palace started off the brighter of the two sides but midway through the first half Cardiff's player of the year Steven Thompson netted to give the bluebirds a 1-0 halftime lead, Palace pushed forward the entire second half and late on got an equaliser but Cardiff held out for the draw and the automatic promotion.The final game of the season was a drab 2-2 draw at home to Leeds. The Cardiff board were delighted with the shock promotion but it's going to be tough for them to stay up especially as the board have only allowed 20k for transfers.

RESULTS

Sheff Utd 3-2 Cardiff

Cardiff 4-3 Ipswich

Crystal Palace 1-1 Cardiff

Cardiff 2-2 Leeds

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reidy888:

clanlogo36ny.png

***GAME UPDATE***

Lads, the game will be up from approx 18.15 tonight, ready for kick off at around 18.45/19.00.

Also, watch out for the special guest...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ipswich7xv.png

Championship

In December, Ipswich town were lying in 3rd place after they beat league leading Cardiff 8-1 but in their next game, after that sensational victory they lost against Wolverhampton Wolves 4-3 away from home. They played 4 more games(2 won 1 draw 1 lost) and they were still 3rd before january.

In January, Ipswich Town made 2 key signings for the future. They've signed Slovenian starlet Rok Kronoveter for £100k and Chilean wonderkid Alexis Sanchez on a free transfer. Ipswich Town made a great run between January and April. They won 15 of 16 games that they played in this period and after beating Plymouth 2-0 on April 15th, they retain Coca Cola Championship. " All our players did a great job this year. We have a very young and talented squad here and I believe we can do a good job in Premiership next year. I'm not planning to build an entire new squad next year, The main target for ipswich will be staying clear of relegation next year, but mine is European qualification and I believe we can do it. " Ozdemir said after Plymouth game.

Pre-Season 2006

However, boss Orhun Ozdemir said his aim for the next season is European qualification most people think Ipswich are one of the biggest favourites for relegation in 2006-07 season. “ Our opponents have great budgets, 10 or 15 times bigger than ours but I believe We built a young and talented squad last year, I think that’s gonna be the key reason for our success. Young players getting better and better every day. I think we must be able to secure a safe mid-table position. About European qualification, I still believe we can do it. †Ozdemir said.

Transfers

It’s clear Ipswich Town isn’t the richest team in Premier League, as their board gave Ozdemir just £850k for new transfers. Ozdemir said that he had to sell some good players in order to earn money for signing better ones.

Players Out :

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 13.5.2006 | Hermansson, Bjorn Orri | Free Transfer | Free |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 13.5.2006 | Barratt, Liam | Free Transfer | Free |

| 26.6.2006 | Pecovsky, Viktor | GAK | £1.6M |

| 1.7.2006 | Hajnal, Tamás | Lokomotiv Moscow | £1.4M |

| 1.7.2006 | Benítez, Miguel Angel | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Santos, Georges | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Ainsley, Stuart | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Fenn, Oliver | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Leabon, Kieron | Free Transfer | Free |

| 12.7.2006 | Neilson, Robbie | Plymouth | £550K |

| 13.7.2006 | Hauger, Henning | Lokeren | £1.4M |

| 19.7.2006 | Richards, Matt | Aberdeen | £250K |

| | Total | | £5.25M |

| | | | |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Players In :

Key signings :

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2006 | Hleb, Vyacheslav | HSV | Free |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2006 | Gasbarroni, Andrea | Juventus | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Larsen, Kevin | Lyn | £220K |

| 1.7.2006 | Gresko, Vratislav | Blackburn | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Sinkala, Andrew | Köln | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Soma, Ragnvald | Brann | £500K |

| 1.7.2006 | Snodgrass, Robert | Livingston | £150K |

| 2.7.2006 | Takak, Jasar | PSV | Free |

| 4.7.2006 | Mandaluniz, Javier | Athletic | Free |

| 4.7.2006 | Blaszczykowski, Jakub | Wisla | £1.1M |

| 10.7.2006 | Spector, Jonathan | Free Transfer | Free |

| 12.7.2006 | Clark, Ricardo | San Jose | £100K |

| 13.7.2006 | Boukhari, Nourdin | Free Transfer | Free |

| 15.7.2006 | Adu, Freddy | D.C. United | £2.3M |

| | Total | | £4.4M |

| | | | |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Archived