One on Ones

Ever since 10.3 the amount of one on ones created against my teams has multiplied so rapidly that I am getting frustrated with this game. Has anyone got any tips on how I can prevent so many being created against my side. The reason I am asking this is because one on ones seems to be the way the vast, vast majority of my goals go in. Its so annoying.

The heading is also annoying, but perhaps more realistic now? Anyway, can anyone give me general tips on how to stop so many one-on-ones being created?

More centre-backs lol

having a DM set to defensive or normal will help put. You need to cut out the supply of the pass.

Your midfield is over commiting and leaving your defence exposed to through balls. Try reducing your pressing/tackling instructions and make sure at least one central midfielder is staying back to cover the space directly in front of your back line. A withdrawn defensive line will also help to force the opposition to play in front of you.

Can I just clarify... by one on ones, you mean chances where your opponent has a player break clear behind your defence, thus "one on one" with your keeper? Or, are you referring to clear cut chance opportunities for your opponent?

I very rarely see my opponents get 1v1 chances. Yes, I see them, just not very often. Don't take that as a denial of what you're seeing though.

I always check my assistant manager reports. I'm lucky, I have a good one who's advice and choices for OI's and team-talks, etc, are pretty much spot on all the time.

If he suggests (or I observe during matches) that I need to drop the defensive line back deeper, then I do so. If the suggestion is to push up, I push up.

There's all sorts of reasons that can contribute to 1v1 situations. Pace of opposing forwards versus that of your defenders. Suitability of using the offside trap versus suitability/gelling of your players. Level of protection of space between your defence and midfield (silten mentioned use of a "defensive" midfielder). How well your team defends as a team. Understanding of the strength vs. weakness of your own tactics, what's the risk vs. reward.

My current tactics are made through the Tactics Creator. Because I created the tactic with its aid, I understand where the strengths and weakness' are in the system. This is what I refer to with "risk vs. reward". I can safely say that my own "weakness" comes from when opposing wide players get beyond my full-backs, because my full-backs are more attacking orientated. This is a "risk" I'm prepared to take though, because they're so effective going forward.

See if you can see in the match engine, why opponents are getting into 1v1 positions. Try to post some descriptive examples of those observations. Even better if you can, upload some pkm's where you've observed many 1v1 chances for your opponent and note the times during the matches you see them. I'll be happy to take a look at them when I get the chance and make any suggestions I can think of. If you don't want to do that in this thread, you can always send me a PM. :)

Have replied to your PM Hazzydeepy :)

To get a PKM file from a match, go to your fixture list, then click the result of the game where you saw the "problem". Top right of the screen above the weather report, you'll see a button titled "Match Controls". Click that and you'll see the option to "Save". This will create a PKM file, which you can upload to a file host. Easiest way to find them once saved, I find, is to create a new folder on your desktop, then save the PKM's to that folder.

As for file hosts, I still find that FileFront is one of the easiest to use and for others to access. All you need to do once you've uploaded a file there, is copy and paste the link to it in this thread, or PM the link to me.

Archived