[FM10] A Week is a Long Time in Football

Lower Leagues Rule

Des Tiny's Worldwide Adventure

Game Setup:

10.2 patch

Large Database

Start Date: Aug 2010

Leagues Loaded: Australia, Bahrain, Cameroon, England, Madagascar, Nepal, New Zealand, Peru Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Tunisia & U.A.E. (25 total leagues)

I have never really got into a career/journeyman game before, but I have decided that I want a bit of a new challenge, so this is what I am going to step up and do here. I have taken advantage of some added leagues in Oceania, Africa & Asia to give myself an interesting set of countries to travel through. I am going to start unemployed and see who will give me a job to get me under way. Starting with a Semi-Pro rep as I have seen problems with Sunday League as a starter.

Des Tiny is a 27 year old unemployed Wellingtonian, his favourite club is Wellington Phoenix FC, but he also supports Gateshead & Fafe is England and Portugal. The date is August 16th when he starts to look for a club.

Career History

|----------|-----------------|----------|---------|---------|
|  Season  |      Club       |  Nation  | League  |   Pos   |
| 2009/10  | Al-Ramms Mirbih |  U.A.E.  | 2nd Div |   ???   |

Heading to the Middle East

Tiny's First Contract

Al-Ramms Emirati 2nd Division

The Contract

Well several clubs were interested in the services of Des Tiny from the beginning, first out of the blocks was Youngheart Manawatu (NZL), they play in the New Zealand Football Championship, and are the local team for Des Tiny's place of birth. Within minutes another contract came from Armed Police (NEP), who play in the A Division. Tiny decided to delay both these offers, as neither looked like they would give him a good shot. with next to no money to gain players. The next two offers both came from Madagascar as FC Tigre & FC Lazio chased the contract of Tiny. When he asked them to delay it for a week, both clubs said no and their 35 pound wage budgets were rejected. This was followed up by AL-Ramms (UAE) of the 2nd Division, SS Zarzouna (TUN) of the Segunda Division, and Aigle Royal (CAM) of the MT2 approaching Tiny, he seriously contemplated all of these contract offers, but standing above the others was the offer from Al-Ramms.

The Terms

Wage Budget: 2.3K p/w

Transfer: 5k

Wages: 275 p/w til June 2012 (3yrs)

The Club

Al-Ramms are a fully professional club, playing in the Emirati 2nd Division. They have not won a competition since 1981 when they last won the 2nd Tier. The board expect us to finish in safe mid-table and to enjoy competing in the Presidents Cup. While the Media predict we will finish 12th of 16 in the league. We may only have a 2700 seat stadium, but we will work on that.

The Squad

All we have right now are a bunch of 16 year olds and a Goalie, hopefully this is going to be able to be fixed over the month or so before the season starts.

Thanks Rancer, looking forward to a game in Asia. I will definitely be here to update this game for a while, looking forward to it all. :)

EDIT: Well learnt a very quick lesson, just because a Superstar will join me, and the club will pay for him, doesn't mean I should sign him. I may be in trouble very quickly here. I signed Ivan Vicelich formerly of Auckland City for 3.7k wages, look at my budget and you see the problem...whoops, now I can barely fill the rest of my squad, in serious trouble.

Well I have managed to bring in a large number of loans from the Emirates Football League above us to fill the squad, and the result has shown as we just had our best result of the season 2:0 over Al-Khaleej, they were leading the league before losing to us and were predicted to smash us, but a red card and the resulting penalty at 14mins, though it did see us lose our top striker (Daniel Eskander - Aus). And another penalty later saw it game over before halftime.

Now no more updates unless something major happens.

The Takeover of Al-Ramms

The Big Story

Sept - Dec

How it played out

The first I heard was that a consortium was planning a takeover bid. Then it came through that the offer had been made and there would be a transfer embargo. At this point I had still been looking at bringing in loans, but that went out the window with this news. I was just sitting and hoping to hold my job come the end of it. Hopefully my good league placement would be enough for them to keep me on. As we headed into december there was a breakthrough in the talks. In the end it turned out an Italian was the head of the takeover when it was completed. It was rumoured they had a replacement for me, but he gave me a chance to prove myself. In the end I kept my job, and the embargo was lifted.

And to top off the good news the UAE will host the Club World Champs in 2010.

Archived