Tom Bishop - A True Red

TimmyD

This is my first story so bare with me and is purely fictional. Cheers for any supportive feedback.

"Boys, After such a long time in the game I think after a performance like that in the champions league final, it's time for me to call it a day" Sir Alex Ferguson gave his squad the news after losing 2-0 to Barcelona, which was a result which really flattered United, in the Champions League Final.

Later on in the summer, Cristanio Ronaldo was to join Real Madrid for 80m and Carlos Tevez joining money bucks rivals Manchester City leaving a mangerless Manchester United in tatters. With spectulation of a whole bunch of their top players wanting to leave. After what most would call a fantastic season winning the Premiership and reaching a Champions League final, United were in crisis. The finance situation bought on by the Glazer's didn't really help either.

1st job for the Glazer's, Find a new manager.

With a never ending list of who the press thought it was going to be it seemed as if his son Darren Ferguson was about to take the helm at the Theatre of Dreams. "We need to sort this, Fast" David Gill told Malcom Glazer which a urgent tone about him. "It's time for a new era at United, out with Ferguson and in with the new. which means Darren is a no go" stated Gill. "Are you sure David? he seems the safe option" replied Mr Glazer. "I'm sure, Darren is a good manager, but hes no Alex. I want the responsibility of finding this club the right man, can you give me this?" question David. "Fine. 1 week, then i'm taking the matter into my own hands"

Tom Bishop was a former United player, his career started in 1990 and ended 2001 with a horrible knee injury. Ever since he has been working with the youth system. He was a left sided player and even captained The Red Devils on 17 occasions. David Gill had got it into his mind that Tom was the man for the job, despite nothing in the public being heard of him for the last 8 years, it didn't take Gill long to get his man. The headlines of The Sun on the 8th July 2009 read out 'TOM BISHOP - NEW UNITED GAFFA'

The start of a new era.

As the news spreaded, their was distress in the United dressing room. Various players said to be wanting to leave from Vidic to Welbeck, Bishop was on the case quick. He came to a conclusion that Vidic could leave if their was a 30m bid for him. Whereas for Welbeck he had other ideas offering him a new bumper contract, obviously looking to the future, which Welbeck went on to accept. Bishop as already a established member or Man Utd decided to keep the staff as it was but also bringing in coaches Franco Baldini and Brian Eastick.

Bishop, like Fergie, was always looking to the future, explaining his three signings so far. 1st of them being Jack Rodwell of Everton, costing a hefty 14m but surely one for the future. Next of the 3 was Danny Wilson from Rangers costing 3.9m a up and coming centre back who can fill in at left back. Also bought in was centre mid Frederic Maurel a 15 year old with bags of potentional. The outgoings were Tom Heaton (MK Dons) and Corry Evans (Livingston) who were sent out on loan for the season. Whereas new defender Danny Wilson joined Cardiff on a 6 month loan deal.

With the Charity Cup match against Chelsea fastly approaching, Bishop had to get down to tactics. He had ideas but wasn't too sure whenever to go with the basic 4-4-2 which had worked well in pre-season or try out a 4-3-3 with 3 central midfielders and two wingers to support dangerman Rooney.

Timmy, welcome. I want to encourage young writers to post here and I'm glad you are with us.

I'm going to give you the same advice I give a lot of young writers -- take a moment when you write to run a spell check and a grammar check before you post. Doing so gets you into good writing habits and makes it more enjoyable to read your work.

Now, come on, you Reds! Good luck!

Archived