[FM10] The Story of a New Bayern Munich

amkelly802

Hello All,

Some of you may have been following my Leeds United career, but unfortunately my computer crashed and I lost a lot of games that I dont feel like replaying so I decided it was time to start a new manager.

Preview

Bayern used to be a power house in the 70s as shown by their European glory but lately that has seemed to have gone away. I will be looking to make a "new" Bayern Munich which with once again rise to European glory and show that German Football is just as good as all the rest.

A positive I like about the Bundesliga is that there are only 18 teams so there are significantly less games, which means the season will go faster.

Intro

The Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has welcomed me to the club as they always do and I will not be replacing any of the coaching staff because I feel they are more than capable to do the correct job.

Loans

There are three players loaned out to clubs before I had gotten here and those players are Georg Niedermeier, Jose Sosa, and Toni Kroos. I would really like to get Toni Kroos back as he looks like a promising youngster, and Jose Sosa looks like a player that can certainly come off the bench.

Youth Stars

Hans-Jorg Euler (GK) The kid is 15 and already his Handling is a 12, Reflexes 12 and Positioning 13. Very promising.

Stefan Geiger (AM R) Another 15 year old whos Crossing is an 11, Dribbling is 11 and finishing is a 12. Looking bright to me.

David Alaba (M C) 16 years old, and all of the stats are consistent across the board. Most noticeable: 13 First touch, 13 Passing, 14 Decisions, 19 Determination, and 14 Flair.

Team Report

I have decided to go with the standard 4-4-2. The starting eleven will consist of Hans-Jorg Butt, Andreas Gorlitz, Philipp Lahm, Martin Demichelis, Breno, Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery, Bastien Schweinsteiger, Mark van Bommel, Luca Toni, Mario Gomez

Board Expectations

Team must win the Bundesliga

Transfer Budget: 11.5M

Payroll Budget: 2.6M p/w

Currently Spending: 2.4M p/w

My Expectations

I would like to at least do the double. Win the League Cup and the Bundesliga. In Champions League I would like to reach the round of 8.

Transfer Market

GK: Even with a promising goalkeeper in the youth ranks the age of Butt scares me. 35 years old and his back up (Michael Rensing) just doesnt seem to have it. He is certainly a good back up but I think I will be looking for a keeper. Definitely not a priority though.

CB: With Demichelis out for 3-5 months with torn ankle ligaments and the back ups not up to par for what I want, a CB might be vital to reach my personal goals.

There are two ways I like to handle my transfers. I like to find either really young players, or I try to scoop up someone who is transfer listed.

Fixtures

Its only pre-season but I will use it to bring the morale up on all first team players. The players with the lowest morale will get first dibs on starting these games.

v FC Bayern II

v Saitama Utd.

v USBCO

v Montpellier Herault SC

v RC Strasbourg

v Nimes Olympique

v Vicenza

I expect to win all of these games, but more importantly to get the morale on very good.

I don't think 35 years old is scary for a goalkeeper. If he's good at 35, he'll probably have another two or three seasons in him. My keeper at Juventus (Buffon) is 34 and I'm going to offer him a new three-year contract. I imagine I'll even extend that when it comes to an end, should I still be in charge.

I don't think 35 years old is scary for a goalkeeper. If he's good at 35, he'll probably have another two or three seasons in him. My keeper at Juventus (Buffon) is 34 and I'm going to offer him a new three-year contract. I imagine I'll even extend that when it comes to an end, should I still be in charge.

It is young for keepers, but I am a fan of young players. Kind of like the Arsene Wenger of manager. Obviously a nice pick up would be Igor Akinfeev but I wont be able to splash the cash on him unfortunately. I may keep Butt around for two more years, that will give my youth keeper a few years to develop. Then slowly work him into the line up at Allianz Arena

Rensing is pretty solid, I wouldn't write him off. Good luck.

I have played with Bayern in the past and have always used Rensing as my number 1. Its weird to see his ratings as low as they are considering he has been rated much higher in previous games in my opinion.

Fixtures

Inter Squad Friendly v FC Bayern II

Prediction: I think we should easily win this game. My guess on the score line will be 4-0 to Bayern.

Starting XI: Ive gone with a team that has low morale to hopefully use this as a confidence booster. Some of these players will see minimal time in the season but I feel its important to have everyones morale as high as possible.

Kraft, Gorlitz, Kopplin, Breno, Badstuber, Baumjohann, Muller, Tymoschuk, van Bommel, Toni, Gomez

02:00 Toni plays a brilliant ball from the edge of the 18 to van Bommel who strikes it from 22 yards out to take the lead.

32:00 Badstuber takes a corner and finds van Bommel for his second.

62:00 Muller swings in a cross that finds Toni to make it 3-0

79:00 Alaba adds a consolation goal for Bayern II to make the scoreline 3-1

FT: 3-1 Bayern Munich

Friendly: v Saitama Utd

Prediction: Another easy win, thinking 4-0 again.

Starting XI: Butt, Gorlitz, Braafheid, Breno, Van Buyten, Baumjohann, Robben, Tymoschuk, van Bommel, Gomez, Klose

06:00 van Bommel settles the ball and slots a through ball to Baumjohann inside the 18; Baumjohann cooly finishes.

17:00 Tymoschuk plays a brilliant ball into the 18 and Klose finishes; 2-0 Bayern.

48:00 Baumjohann plays Gomez into the 18 and Gomez slots home Bayerns third goal of the game.

FT: 3-0 Bayern Munich

Friendly: v USBCO

Prediction: Looking for another comfortable win, I hope to see us on the score sheet more than the other games. 5-0

Starting XI: Rensing, Lahm, Braafheid, Badstuber, Breno, Baumjohann, Pranjic, Tymoschuk, Altintop, Olic, Toni

04:00 Good team build up and possession allows Olic to score and give Bayern the lead.

23:00 Baumjohann slots Olic through the 18 and he finds the net; 2-0 Bayern

54:00 Olic completes the hattrick with a brilliant strike inside the 18.

60:00 Toni buries a rebound to make it 4-0.

67:00 Hamit Altintop finds Baumjohann inside the 18 and he converts for Bayern.

81:00 Baumjohann finds himself inside the 18 again with the ball and smashes it far post for his second of the game.

FT: 6-0 Bayern Munich

Friendly v Montpellier

Prediction: Another comfortable win because morale is high, Im expecting another 6-0 drudging.

Starting XI: Butt, Lell, Kopplin, Breno, Van Buyten, Robben, Ribery, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Gomez, Klose

17:00 A surprise lead for Montpellier 0-1

43:00 Ribery finds himself in the right position off of the corner; 1-1

60:00 Gomez hits a screamer from 35 yards out to give Bayern the lead.

FT: 2-1 Bayern Munich

Friendly v Strasbourg

Prediction: Coming off of a poor performance Im going to go with 3-0 Bayern.

Starting XI: Kraft, Gorlitz, Lahm, Breno, Van Buyten, Robben, Pranjic, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Gomez

24:00 Muller scores from the edge of the 18 to give Bayern the lead.

63:00 Muller hits a screamer from the edge of the 18 to extend Bayerns lead.

FT: 2-0 Bayern Munich

Friendly v Nimes Olympique

Prediction: A comfortable 3-0 win for Bayern

Starting XI: Butt, Gorlitz, Braafheid, Badstuber, Breno, Robben, Pranjic, van Bommel, Tymoschuk, Olic, Gomez

15:00 Olic dribbles past two defenders and finishes, giving Bayern the lead.

22:00 Gomez smashes one into the bottom left corner; 2-0 Bayern

Friendly v Vicenza

Prediction: A much weaker team but I still only predict a 3-0 for Bayern.

Starting XI: Butt, Gorlitz, Lahm, Breno, Van Buyten, Robben, Ribery, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Toni, Gomez

2:00 Schweinsteiger hits a missile from 25 yards out to make it 1-0 Bayern.

12:00 Toni adds to the damage as he puts in a rebound.

Title Odds

Bayern has been named 5-2 favorites to win the title.

Wolfsburg 16-1

Stuttgart 16-1

HSV 20-1

Schalke 33-1

Hertha BSC 33-1

I couldnt agree more with these ratings; considering the strength of the squad that I have, I will certainly be expecting to win the league without issues.

Staff Signings

Oliver Bierhoff: Scout

Bernhard Peters: Coach

Alexander Weiss: Scout

Luciano Spinosi: Coach

Fred Grim: Youth Coach

Incoming Bids

Barcelona has offered me 5M for Hamit Altintop. He is currently valued at 5M but I will up the offer to 10M and see if they bite. If not thats fine because I will definitely use him as a rotation player.

Update Barcelona accepted the 10M offer and Altintop is on his way there.

Real Madrid has also made an offer for Altintop; out doing Barca by a million. I will up their offer to 12M considering they seem to want to spend more money.

Update Real have rejected the offer and do not want to negotiate.

Contracts Ending

van Bommel

Gorlitz

Sikorski

Van Buyten

Butt

Rensing

Kopplin

These are a few main players that need to have their contracts renewed. I will most likely wait until half way through the season to see how they are performing to decide what Im going to do.

Loaned Out

Deniz Yilmaz: Rostock

Captains

Mark van Bommel

Philipp Lahm

Fixtures

German Cup v Neckarelz

Prediction: Should be a comfortable win in my eyes, putting out a full strength starting XI. 3-0 Bayern

Starting XI: Butt, Gorlitz, Lahm, Breno, Van Buyten, Robben, Ribery, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Olic, Gomez

02:00 Gomez finds Olic in the 18 and he slots it away; 1-0 Bayern

08:00 van Bommel hits a scorcher from distance and makes it 2-0.

31:00 Robben finds the ball off a rebound and scores; 3-0 Bayern.

FT: 3-0 Bayern Munich

League v Hertha BSC

Prediction: First league game in front of the home fans; a little nervy but a 3-0 Bayern win.

Starting XI: Butt, Gorlitz, Lahm, Breno, Van Buyten, Robben, Ribery, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Olic, Gomez

09:00 Gomez finds a loose ball in the box off a corner and makes it 1-0 Bayern.

42:00 Ribery sends a cross in and Gomez finishes cooly for his second.

Daily Review

I am pleased with the two results tonight. I havent had a lot of time to play because of work, but the next two weeks will be down time so I should be playing more often. I think the best part of this is that we are scoring very early. It gives the players confidence and I hope it continues.

Staff Signings

Geert Meijer: Coach

Thomas Horster: Scout

Hans-Martin Kleitsch: Scout

Paul Steiner: Scout

Mino Favini: Scout

Injuries

Baumjohann: Hip Injury out for 2 Months.

Hes used as a back up but hopefully since its early in the season it wont mean to much.

Hans-Jorg Euler: Hip Injury out for 2 Months.

A youth squad player, probably wouldnt get much time so he most likely wont be missed.

Fixtures

League v Stuttgart

Prediction: Im predicting a win, doesnt seem like a tough Stuttgart team. 2-0 Bayern.

Starting XI: Butt, Gorlitz, Braafheid, Breno, Van Buyten, Robben, Pranjic, Tymoschuk, Schweinsteiger, Klose, Gomez

23:00 Klose finishes inside the box, welcome back!

FT: 1-0 Bayern Munich

League v Dortmund

Prediction: A Bayern win because Dortmund is not in good form as of late. 2-0 Bayern

Starting XI: Butt, Gorlitz, Lahm, Breno, Van Buyten, Robben, Pranjic, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Gomez, Olic

20:00 Gomez beats the Dortmund keeper; 1-0 Bayern

47:00 Dortmund ties the game 1-1

74:00 Dortmund takes the ead 2-1

FT: 2-1 Dortmund

League v Leverkusen

Prediction: A close away game and we are coming off of a loss. 1-1 at the end.

Starting XI: Butt, Gorlitz, Lahm, Breno, Van Buyten, Robben, Ribery, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Klose, Gomez

07:00 Leverkusen take an early lead.

14:00 2-0 Leverkusen

86:00 van Bommel recieves his second yellow and is sent off.

FT: 2-0 Leverkusen

Champions League v Slavia Prague

Prediction: Bayern are not in form so my guess would be 1-0 Bayern.

Starting XI: Butt, Lell, Lahm, Breno, Van Buyten, Schweinsteiger, van Bommel, Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Klose

I Changed the formation from a normal 4-4-2 to a 4-2-2-2 with two CMs, two attacking outside mids and two forwards.

21:00 Klose gives Bayern the lead 1-0.

30:00 Robben pounces on a rebound and converts; 2-0 Bayern.

37:00 Gomez hits a blast from 25 yards out making it 3-0 Bayern.

64:00 Schweinsteiger smashes one from the top of the box; 4-0 Bayern.

71:00 Gomez scores his second, tucking the ball to the far post. 5-0 Bayern.

FT: 5-0 Bayern Munich

Champions League

We have been put in a group consisting of CSKA Moscow, Olimpique Marseille and Slavia Prague. This is a great group for us as I can see us topping the group to advance.

Daily Review

My league games didnt go as well as I had hoped. I thought I would be able to grab at least two wins but unfortunately we fell apart against Dortmund. The Champions League group that we have drawn is something I am expecting to qualify out of easily. Although form was down, I was happy with the 5-0 bounce back against Slavia Prague. Im looking forward to the next couple of fixtures.

Archived