My Thread which show how ME is bugged depending on statistics

Honestly, I can empathise with the thread starter, as I'm sure he wouldn't be posting if it was a one off, and I experience the same thing on a frighteningly consistent basis. I create a hatful of clear cut chances, and a variety of types too (not just the through-ball down the centre) and then watch as the computer scores it's goals from stupid player errors, defenders just ignoring the ball and corners. It drives me nuts.

However, a thread like this is never going to get you any support, even from those who do recognise the match engine problems.

Some of what the OP says rings true.

It's possible to create a tactic (indeed, quite easy) that dominates games but makes the ai score almost every ccc they get. Indeed there are hundreds of tactics that you can make that create this effect.

Of course, some bozo's can't tell the difference between it happening the odd occasion in real life (where they scour recent games, pick out one example and post it to prove someone wrong) with it happening practically every match in game.

The only thing you can do when you encounter this is to change your tactics.

What SI need to put more work into is twofold;

Stop taking one step back to try and go two steps forward with the match engine. If something is "fixed" with the ME, it should be disregarded if it regurgitates bugs from previous incarnations of the game.

Explain the ME better. Give the user some way to understand why his tactics aren't working. At the moment, the 3D view is useless for the average user. He makes a tactic that gives him dozens of clear chances per game, yet never scores. Now if you're a manager and your team is making many clear cut chances in a match, you would be happy right?

If the players continuously fail to score, you know that they need to be improved. In this game, even the best strikers miss easy chances all the time (well, not miss, but pass straight to the keeper at any rate), and the average user really doesn't know what's wrong, and has no hope of knowing.

The 3D view does not accurately represent what is going on in the match engine.

Sure, we have the "assistant feedback" but it's not reliable, and makes little sense when related to the tactics creator - the most common advice is "there is too big a gap between x and x". Of course, in the tactics creator, you can't change this - you need to go back to the old fashioned view to do it. Where is that explained in game? It isn't. There are many things that the assistant feedback suggests that cannot easily be changed through the tactics creator (or the advanced view for that matter) simply because the terminology does not match up. It's all guesswork for the player.

If they want to have that feature in game, they should make it useful. Include a hyperlink at the end of each statement telling the player how he can enforce the suggestion. Make the advice infallible too. It shouldn't be instant win advice, but if there is something glaringly obvious in the user's tactics that he hasn't spotted, make the assistant point it out, rather than offering 25 random and vague pieces of advice.

The assistant advice is also, quite often, absolute balls - even with the best assistants.

Some of what the OP says rings true.

It's possible to create a tactic (indeed, quite easy) that dominates games but makes the ai score almost every ccc they get. Indeed there are hundreds of tactics that you can make that create this effect.

Of course, some bozo's can't tell the difference between it happening the odd occasion in real life (where they scour recent games, pick out one example and post it to prove someone wrong) with it happening practically every match in game.

The only thing you can do when you encounter this is to change your tactics.

What SI need to put more work into is twofold;

Stop taking one step back to try and go two steps forward with the match engine. If something is "fixed" with the ME, it should be disregarded if it regurgitates bugs from previous incarnations of the game.

Explain the ME better. Give the user some way to understand why his tactics aren't working. At the moment, the 3D view is useless for the average user. He makes a tactic that gives him dozens of clear chances per game, yet never scores. Now if you're a manager and your team is making many clear cut chances in a match, you would be happy right?

If the players continuously fail to score, you know that they need to be improved. In this game, even the best strikers miss easy chances all the time (well, not miss, but pass straight to the keeper at any rate), and the average user really doesn't know what's wrong, and has no hope of knowing.

The 3D view does not accurately represent what is going on in the match engine.

Agree quite strongly with this. SI have to sort this out imo.

Archived