Premiership Survival Tactic

Hi,

Story goes, Started Unemployed > Rejected Preston > Accepted Reading 12 games in who had won 2 Drew 1 and lost 9.

I Used the Ultimo Dominanace 10.2 Tactic and finish 2nd behind Newcastle who ran away with it. 81% win and lost only 4 games in FA Cup and league.

The Next Stage is Premiership Survival and i need a tactic and some advice on what to do next. What i need is a tactic that allows me to survive in the Prem with a £12M budget and still enjoy winning a game every now and again.

will post current team when i get home from work. But in the Pipelines are Jemaine Jenas (TListed) Joe Hart (TListed) already have Salvio and Kadlec with Zaki, Cherundelo, and Rivas coming in for Free.

One problem i had with the Ultimo Dominanace tactic is i conceeded far to many goals. Could this be a weak defence and GK of the tactic? i did try deepening the def line to resolve but to no avail.

Hope to have you ideas flocking ing guys!

My advice is to stick with the ultimo tactic. Don't forget, it takes a team a while to become 'a team'

With the tactic you could do well with £12m. What you need to remember is to get players with the stats that are stated. Also, the midfield is the most important area i think because there is only three in the midfield area so you need dmc's, hardworking and ball-winners who are going to run all day to win the ball back and then feed your front three who will score the goals. Stick with it for 1 season and i'm sure you'll do well. I hope that helps

I've stuck with the Ultimo tactic for my 1st season in the Prem. I'm dead last and don't look like I've got much hope of staying up. My players get decent ratings, I'm scoring lots and everyone is motiveted. Every game just goes to hell at some point. Mistakes, own goals, fluke goals or oppnents just walking past my defenders.

The Ultimo tactic is great but as ron.e said, you need the right players and if your defence was poor in the championship then good luck with a looong season.

After Reviewing other posts about the Ultimo Tactic i realised i was using the Complete Dominance tactic which is set up slightly different but obviously the same problems occur.

im thinking it may be best to go One Up top and pack the Midfield to make me solid defensivley in games im absolute outsiders and try a more attacking formation for mid table teams.

my logic is i may get points out of the Big 4 maybe big 6 now and then pick up some valuable wins in mid table clashes

This is working for me at the moment. A few good games now and looking like avoiding the drop.

The changes I made are:

Using v1.1

Philosophy to "very rigid"

Strategy "counter"

playing style is all on "default" except maring (zonal) and roaming (stick to position)

When defending a lead I'll use the shouts: clear ball to flanks and retain possession and drop the D-Line a few notches.

I also avoid a philosophy above balanced (even that is only against lower divisoin teams)

I also got an ass man with high tactical knowledge and man management who takes care of OIs and pre game team talks. Half time and post match talks are according to Bubbabaytunas post. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=182360

So this has helped me a bit. It's not perfect, but I did manage a home draw against chelsea and the same against liverpool playing as QPR (1st season in prem)

No asking for tactic's it is against the rules. If you need help then post the settings you are using and someone will try and give assistance. However if it's for a tactic that already has a thread then please use that thread for any questions regarding it.

:)

Archived