[FM10] Cinderford Town - The Cause

thezogsageordie

Hi, my name's Sam, after a long break from these forums, I returned back to my normal stamping ground of CSE.

I've decided to start a career in the 10th Tier (see SB's database, edited by myself, deleting all cups apart from FA Cup, League Cup, JPT & FA Trophy), and since I didn't know any of the teams, I decided a team that played in Black & White, purely because that's the colours my club, Newcastle United, plays in, so when a team scores, I know who it is and for the away kit, Red, a team of mine on the other side plays in Red, again this is purely for the purpose of knowing which team is mine as soon as that rectangle flashes.

Leagues Loaded

England - All the way down.

France - Top league only.

Germany - Top league only.

Italy - Top league only.

Spain - Top league only.

Players Loaded

Large database, all players from England and top players from all of the nations as above, and I am using the 10.2 version.

Please note, I have inputted a file called 'Hidden Attributes Viewer' which allows me to see the CA & PA of all players on the game. I will not post the CA or PA of any player. I have paid my money for this game, I wish to use this feature and if anybody reading this has any problems with this, or feels I am cheating, then I would just like to kindly ask you to not comment. Thank you.

Start of the season

I told my board that I would finish Top Half and the Media predicted us to finish 5th. I am also pleased to note that all lists of players (i.e. Legends, Icons, Favoured Personnel) exist. Clean slate. Let's make history!

The first thing I did was to release 22 players, that I deemed not good enough. I released a further 10 players a few weeks later, when I realised the calibre of player I could bring in.

The tactic I have create and decided to setup on is a 4-3-1-2, with wingers and is a tactic that I will hope to keep the same for a long time and just apply changes through various shouts.

After releasing all these players, I signed 15 free transfers, as we were given hardly any money and a tiny wage budget. Over the next few months I acquired 10 players on loan.

I would also like to add that I intend to post a full Season Review with pictures of best player, and best player for each position, with details of cup runs, etc.

If anybody has any questions or I haven't followed the rules, please let me know and I will adjust this accordingly

PS, in case you are wondering why 'The Cause', the stadium is called The Causeway.

Thank you for reading

Season 2009/2010: Cinderford Town (English Southern League D1 South/West)

FA Cup: 1st Round Proper

English Southern League D1 South/West: 1st (Top Half)

Average Attendance: 102 (8th)

Season Tickets: 18

Goals scored: 96 (1st)

Goals allowed: 40 (4th)

Finances: £160,311, started as £162.

A brilliant season, largely built on loan players (7 of my first choice 11 are on loan!) Very nice home record, 17-4-0, the away record a bit shabby at 11-7-3, which is still very good but too many draws, not enough wins.

Best & Only Goalkeeper Played every game, luckily!

Best Defender

Best Midfielder

Best Forward/Top Goalscorer

Best player, which isn't on loan!

League Table

Graph

Worrying thing is that our best players are all on loan, so next season will be either extremely similiar to this or mid table mediocrity.

Season  League  Position  Honours
[size="2"] 09/10   Tier 10     1st      Winners [/size]   

Season 2010/2011: Cinderford Town (English Southern League Premier Division)

FA Cup: 3rd Qualifying Round

English Southern League Premier Division: 3rd (Media 15th, Board 1st)

Average Attendance: 130 (16th)

Season Tickets: 18

Goals scored: 103 (1st)

Goals allowed: 67 (18th)

Finances: Current: £275,880, 10/11: £115,407

Again, built on loan signings but unfortunately we ran out of steam 2/3 of the way through the season. I do think, however, that gaining too many promotions in a row can be bad for a club, so let's be positive and hope this strengthens the club.

Keeper

Joint Best Defender

Also Joint Best Def

Best Midfielder

Best Striker

Best Player

League Table

League Graph

Overall a good season, the board aren't too happy but think they are a bit ambitious! Desperately need Jackson and Knight back, they could spearhead the attack for a good few years if I could keep them, they're that good, Jackson improved this season, despite the league quality raising, scoring over a goal a game.

Season  League  Position  Achievements
[size="2"] 09/10    Tier 8     1st      Winners
10/11    Tier 7     3rd      P/O final losers[/size]   

I decided a team that played in Black & White, purely because that's the colours my club, Newcastle United, plays in, so when a team scores, I know who it is and for the away kit, Red, a team of mine on the other side plays in Red, again this is purely for the purpose of knowing which team is mine as soon as that rectangle flashes.

What do you do when it's black and whites against reds?

Is it? :S I thought that it was the bottom league...

Yes

1 - Premier League

2 - Championship

3 - League One

4 - League Two

5 - Conference Premier

6 - Conference North & South

7 - Isthmian, Northern & Southern Premiers

8 - Isthmian, Northern & Southern First regionals

What do you do when it's black and whites against reds?

Touché ;) never come across that yet, I will let you know if I do!

Yes

1 - Premier League

2 - Championship

3 - League One

4 - League Two

5 - Conference Premier

6 - Conference North & South

7 - Isthmian, Northern & Southern Premiers

8 - Isthmian, Northern & Southern First regionals

I thought this DB went down to Tier 10, I won the Southern League First Division South/West first season, which was Tier 8.

The finances are really taking their toll on us now, wage budget down to £1.6k, all but one of the loans I signed last year either won't join or have no club, therefore can only sign a contract, which they won't do because of our wage budget. Vicious circle, gonna risk it all for the biscuit that is the FA Cup.

Archived