Typical tactic problems

Got the new FM10 for crimbo, and despite the addition of the tactic generator, this still seems to be the basic stumbling block that everyone has. It seems impossible to create a tactic that works, unlesss you are using a big club (arsenal, Manure, Citeh etc).

I'm currently playing a Newport County, and have tried building various different tactics, and tried downloading. I've read TTF, but that doesn't seem to help.

sorry, I'm probably just ranting, but it's very frustrating. Can anyone give me some tips on where I might be going wrong. I want to be playing an attractive 442 with a typical big/small striker combination.... but this... it would appear is impossible.

*starts crying pathetically into keyboard*

The majority of people actually think the TC as made things easier to create a starting tactic.

I'd re-read the TTF though as that explains everything you are asking. Also read the bit about 'Shouts' as they are vital.

It would also help if we knew what you'd actually tried or what settings you currently use.

I think you may struggle playing attractive at first for a number of reasons. First thing to do is check your 'Assistants team talk feedback'. If it says something about lack of cohesion or similar, then this could be a problem. Try playing 'Defensive' stratagy, with your fastest striker set as 'poacher'. Set him as your primary targetman and set run onto ball. Because of your low reputation teams will be attacking you so this way you will be playing defensive, but still catch them on the break. It's not pretty but this will earn you some draws and nick some wins whilst your team gels.

I did this with Hinkley and it worked well. I even won some games 4-0 playing defensive the whole match. My poacher scored 33 goals playing this way, many on the break.

Archived