wingers still hit the fullbacks too often

this has been a problem for way too long and im amazed its not been mentioned more often. ive gone through pretty much every option possible but with the winger presets that shouldnt even need to be done.

is this something that could be fixed in the next patch ? because its pretty annoying when even top wingers just slam the ball into the defender instead of crossing early or beating their man

I'm using wide midfielder and wingback roles (from fullback position). I was bit skeptical at the beginning but what happens is that wingers cut inside and fullbacks hug the touchline and in some cases it's opposite. In combination with Look for overlap it does good job and also looks good. I always use that shout if I'm playing with standard or any other more offensive strategy.

Try to play very, very wide. And instruct your winger to cross from deep. Sometimes works fine.

But I don't know why you want them to make cross. Crosses finishing per every game is less than 20%. So it's better option not to cross, just run with the ball and pass (not cross) to central players.

Archived