My best defender wants to leave

I bought him when he was only 18 and i used to put him in my lineup always. Now he is 21 is my best center defender, my captain, and wants to leave to a bigger team. His value is about 1.900.000 euros and i promised him to let him leave in the next period of signings. I am trying to sell him for a quantity about 3 millions but nobody agrees.

He is not happy and i need a solution i want him in the team but if he dont want to stay in the team i would have to sell him but i dont want to give him away for a few euros. The question is what i can do and what i should do?

PD: The same thing happened to me with another defender, he was a low value about 200.000 euros but he was an amazing defender and i didnt want to sell him so i requested for him 2 millions. Unfortunately they offered the 2 millions and the directive sold him. This time the things werent so bad.ç

PD2: Im managing Lincoln City in the CocaCola Championship in the season 2010/2011.

Let him go. Theres no point having a player in your squad who doesn't want to play for you. If nobody wants him at the price you are offering, reduce the price a bit, but include either future fees and/or a sell on clause. This way, in the long run, you could end up making more money then you would have initially.

Barzagli wanted to leave my Sevilla team after the first season, luckily i put a huge release clause in his contract, which gave me room to increase offers for him. obviously, everyone who bid could not afford the asking price and he reluctantly stayed. i then made him captain which totally transformed his morale and desire to leave.

in your case, he might get back to positive morale in between transfer windows, offer him a new contract when he does. your only option to keep him tbh.

Archived