4-0 down away from home and still bombing forward looking for a goal at all costs?

im liverpool, 4-0 against city with 10 minutes left.

for some reason they are bombing forward playing quality one touch football and manage to rip apart my defence.

so i switch to defensive and see the rest of the game out.

the question is, surely city would have given up by that point? theyve just been completely humiliated at anfield and yet somehow dont lose any morale OR any ability to play like brazil 1980 in the last 10 minutes of a game they are losing 4-0

i notice this happens a lot, even when you are playing a small team and have trounced them, this doesnt seem to be taken into account because the number of times ive conceded annoying consolation goals is ridiculous, ok it happens every now and again in real life but rarely

When this happens to me, its mainly beacause my players have stopped playing for the day, not marking anyone, not closing down anyone or making those vital runs into space to stretch the opponent. Therefor, i alwasy retreate to a more cautious appraoch, playing rather narrow to secure that my players are close to the opposition by default. To me, it alos seems like the opponents suddenly are plaing without any pressure, performing better than they initially where

(Edit: the reason for them to bomb forward has probably to do with that they are playing on the counter, )

Switch to a defensive tactic, it isnt hard.

If it were only that easy. I'm playing as Real in my current game and I was up 3-0 by the end of the first half in a match against Osasuna who is 20th in league. The second half I continue to dominate then out of nowhere Osasuna's players are given the footballing ability to play like the Invincibles. I ended up winning 3-2, but if it weren't for a brilliant save by Casillas I would have drawn that game.

Archived