Unofficial Breakthrough withregards Online lag FM2005

dogs

Disclaimer : this is not an official fix from the Si tean but a discovery by the UFMIG boys whilst playing their online game.

Everyone knows that the lag has been making FM2005 virtually unplayable. It was frustrating for me as i have built a highly specced pc and improved my net connection especially to play FM2005. So if my pc is good and my conn solid what was causing the problem. Well i think its the packets of info sent from the network players in a game to the host. When there is too much info getting passed down the pipe at one time this can cause bottlenecks causing game freezes. Since FM is a highly complex game that utilises lots of info at any one time, this made playing online terrible as hosts connections struggled to cope with rapid packets of info being passed per second.

So this got me thinking how do i streamline fm so it runs at its best.

Well we tried a wee experiment i got every clan member to go into preferences and disable the following

sounds,

show player pics,

show badges/logos

show background pics,

show unique ids,

the results were breathtaking why dont you try it and see for yourself icon_wink.gif

Disclaimer : this is not an official fix from the Si tean but a discovery by the UFMIG boys whilst playing their online game.

Everyone knows that the lag has been making FM2005 virtually unplayable. It was frustrating for me as i have built a highly specced pc and improved my net connection especially to play FM2005. So if my pc is good and my conn solid what was causing the problem. Well i think its the packets of info sent from the network players in a game to the host. When there is too much info getting passed down the pipe at one time this can cause bottlenecks causing game freezes. Since FM is a highly complex game that utilises lots of info at any one time, this made playing online terrible as hosts connections struggled to cope with rapid packets of info being passed per second.

So this got me thinking how do i streamline fm so it runs at its best.

Well we tried a wee experiment i got every clan member to go into preferences and disable the following

sounds,

show player pics,

show badges/logos

show background pics,

show unique ids,

the results were breathtaking why dont you try it and see for yourself icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

Well played lads, although personally I would miss the sound of the ball hitting the back of Ligs' net. icon_biggrin.gif

Has anyone tried it without sound removed at all and I realise I'm being a pedant?

If not then nice one anyway. icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did half and half yesterday evening To try and spot any differences or key problem areas and didn't notice any real difference in having sound on or off. It appears to me that it is purely a graphical problem and sounds don't come into it

Just to chuck in my two pence dogs, have noticed no difference with sound on or off at all, but al the rest certainly made the game run a lot better.

Also we used to have the 5 secs auto continue on, things seemed jumpy last night, disable the auto continue and that also seemed to help make thing run a little more smoothly, don't know if anyone has noticed that.

cheers

Iain

Another superb addition to our game last night was running the server dedicated. If you have a home network and can host over that then I can strongly recommend doing so. Set the server running on one machine and connect as client just like everone else from another machine. Obviously not an option for everyone, but if you have it, I suggest trying it.

Setting up a VNC server on the host machine is also a good idea, so you can control it easily without having to get up and run to another room - or even Remote Assistance over MSN at a push could work

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

Well played lads, although personally I would miss the sound of the ball hitting the back of Ligs' net. icon_biggrin.gif

Has anyone tried it without sound removed at all and I realise I'm being a pedant?

If not then nice one anyway. icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Niall your obsession with me is worrying, you really took that 3-1 thumping at Broken Heart Lane badly.

I look forward to welcoming the Toffees to Fortress Riverside very soon.

Good news with the lag

when my friend tries to join my server, he is allowed to join but after a certain period of time he gets a message appear saying that he is loading the games database even though we have the same version of FM 2005! Can anyone help it is really annoying as we are desperate to play online. After all it was FM 2005 is all about!!!

Guest Neilsachdev

i tried this too with another mate - was a little faster and better so thanks for that !! still a bit of a lag tho all the time... however its not completely unplayable any more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived