Help Needed

Yoshi99

I've just spent the last few hours creating players and a new team. After all this effort, when i'm starting up the game it doesnt work and up comes the message 'A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in :Users/My documents/Sports Interactive/Football manager/Crash Dumps. This is usually at the 'setting up game database' screen

3 things I'm asking

1) how do i open up the error file and what programme do i use to open it with

2) i'm guessing ive done something wrong when in the data, so is there any way of finding why this error has been caused. i havent mixed up any teams leaving teams in no division.

3) therefore will i have to start editting again from scratch

Thanks in advance, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere

I created my own team and placed them in League two (in place of Burton who are now in the Conference with Salisbury not placed in a divison). With this team ive also created my own stadium and city and for my team i've created 18 players and a chairman. Whilst transferring a couple of staff and players to my team. Just a bit confused because Ive done this on previous football managers and never had a problem

It could be that u created a team, thats what caused my custom irish database to crash, once i deleted them the game didn't crash, i think its something SI are aware of and it'll prob be fixed in the 10.2 patch...

its really annoying...

It could be that u created a team, thats what caused my custom irish database to crash, once i deleted them the game didn't crash, i think its something SI are aware of and it'll prob be fixed in the 10.2 patch...

its really annoying...

Would i be better in just editting over a team rather than making a team from scratch or will the same effects happen?

you could try it anyway, i just forgot about my plans for my team,

You would have to edit the stadium and city as well though. so dont edit a team from a big city like london, pick some small club from a small town

definatly worth a go,

do that, dont create any player just yet, holiday a season and see if it crashes. and let me know..

Well i deleted the created team and simply took over Salisbury and editted them. Still the game crashed. I've deleted my created city and stadium and still the same result. I guess it must be the players, but i thought ever if you created players missing information that is simply added and randomly generated like in past games. Looks like i may have to start from scratch

Since you moved the clubs you would either have to move them back to exactly where they came from or start again.

Yeah ive done all that, everyone is back in their respective divisions. I think its looking like i just may have to start from scratch and work out what i did wrong. Further questiong though, how does placing for the fa cup, league cup and johnson paints work, is that simply by just being placed in a divison because i didnt do anything to make me eligble for these competitions

Did you change the regional divisions for your club?

I'm not an expert but I think the Johnstone Paint Trophy works by seeding everybody by their region, ie; north south. I would suggest making sure your team have their geography sorted out, plus doing all the nitty gritty regional division stuff. Think the JPT may be causing the crash IMO.

I'm not an expert but I think the Johnstone Paint Trophy works by seeding everybody by their region, ie; north south. I would suggest making sure your team have their geography sorted out, plus doing all the nitty gritty regional division stuff. Think the JPT may be causing the crash IMO.

i'll second that, most likely a cup causing crash.

Well i originally made a city outside Huddersfield using longtitude and latitude for that region. I also regoionalised the city and then the club itself to this. I used Huddersfield Town as a comparison and put all my regional and location stuff exactly same as theirs so i doubt thats the problem. As i put my level 6 as conference north and level 7 as 1 of the northern premier counties division. Since i deleted my city, i simply just put myself in the town of Huddersifeld. So wouldnt that cover me for all the cup competetions and regions or have i missed a part out.

Archived