Premier League Squad Registration Question

mattskelding

Hi

I've done a search on the forums and nothing seems to answer the question (however if someone can find one and post a link i shall be eternally grateful)

Situation:

Just finished 1st Season with Aston Villa, managing to come a respectable 8th (lots of injurys took my season from me) and have been getting in all sorts of bargin players/loans to boost the squad to cope with the new season....and.....then...BAM! It says i can only register 25 players. Out the window goes my squad setup (and with it the loan fees i've just paid for players that cant now play)

Question:

Is there a way to remove the registration rule from comming in? Effectivly returning the system back to the way FM09 did it - Domestic squad can be as big as you want/like/need but the European squads can only be a max of 25 players (inc the Homegrown/Own Club) rules? If so, would it be possible to do a mid-game fix or would it result in having to start a new game? (not that i'd mind that - made some stupid errors in this save.

I've heard mention that if you change the rules of a league that already exists then you cant play that, but its all getting a bit complicated with talk of xml files, extracting this that and the other. If someone could clarify the situation and perhaps direct me (or this thread) towards an "Idiots Guide to sorting this mess out" that would be much appreciated. And I'll send whoever does answer it a virtual cake. Cause im good at cake making.

Archived