The tactics button

TomDixon77

For some unfathomable reason, it's only possible to change your tactics when viewing the pitch (which is irritating to those of us that use split view). This would be less of a problem if it was possible to add a tactics button somewhere else, but when I've tried to, it doesn't work.

Would it be possible to do something about this in the next patch?

p.s. that coloured area behind the tactics button looks stupid when you're not on the full screen match view, too.

You can just click your team name in the header to go to your tactics, I'm also sure there's a tactics button hidden within the match controls menu.

I didn't know about the team name thing (well, I probably did, but never bothered before because there was always a more obvious way to do it), but it's not exactly intuitive, is it?

Yes it is something you need to already know about to use.

Have you had any look seperating out the Match Controls menu - whenever I've messed around with it, it's broken quite badly.

It is rather annoying that the match screen is largely unskinnable - the Camera button and time slider also won't display anywhere else apart from the default position.

With not really skinning in FM09 and FM10 yet that does seem very annoying. SI spent all that time and effort cleaning up the skinning side of things after CM03/04. Now when new features get introduced making them skinable gets largely ignored. The match screen always seems to be the main offender.

Archived