For all super/world league creators!

cooperidol

I have noticed that the Super League threads have gona abit quite recently and thought i'd create a thread for the likes of Kenco, El Ricardo, Annihilator666 etc to post any problems they have stumbled across whilst trying to create their projects (i.e awards, 2 legged playoffs, newgens, fixture clashing, Reserve Leagues etc), mainly for my inquisitiveness, but also to hopefully solve any lingering problems for them and to give the projects a final bump along to completion.

It would be interesting to see if they can help solve eachothers issues or that they all have similar problems where there are no workarounds and maybe S.I would take notice and incorporate changes in patches or future releases to allow stupendously functional Super Leagues. Thanks

I've been reading all the other threads to learn from their problems anyway, but it probably helps to have it all in one place.

I'll take a couple of points from your OP - Two legged playoffs. These are not possible in FM10, hopefully SI will incorporate this in future versions. Seeding for playoffs appears to be random, so my own personal workaround is to have a playoff league with 5 teams, this ensures each team gets 2 home and 2 away matches and therefore no significant advantage over the others.

Reserve Leagues - These will only work if you change all clubs to the nation in which you set your Super League. In my version I've left all clubs with their original nationality so I don't have reserve leagues, but I have put reserve teams for all the top flight clubs into the lowest playable league. I may do more when I get around to creating Tier 9.

re reserve and youth leagues, this is what you need to do for non-English team structure (i.e. like in Spain where there is a club called Valencia Mestalla, Valencia C etc)

1. look at affiliated clubs and note all B and C clubs

2. Move B and C club players to main club (note: be careful moving staff as may mean you have 2 managers and assistants if you move these and one will be rubbish!)

3. Remove the affiliations

4. in competitions tab of the relevant team ensure "no reserve/youth fixtures" box is unticked

Now the game will (if you have reserve and youth leagues set up in nation rules) put players from the main squad automatically in reserve and youth teams and they will play in relevant leagues

Takes time - but worth it!

Archived