All-Ireland League. Thoughts?

fm_macuser

Hi all,

Anyone familiar with the League of Ireland will know of the problems that it currently faces. Teams are losing money and going up against the wall. Attendances are dwindling and Dublin tries to support 6 major clubs while areas such as Kilkenny and Kerry have no teams at all.

Up in the Northern Irish league there are similar problems. Poor attendances and too many clubs for such a small population and geographical area.

Some commentators are of the belief that an All-Ireland league, with much fewer teams spread out in a better sense geographically might be what is needed to save both countries domestic games. This is what I am looking to create.

There will have to be amalgamation of clubs to see this happen. What I am thinking of doing is editing certain clubs, I call them the parent club, within each country to take on the best players from other amalgamated clubs. Then I will edit the competition rules in the Republic to take on the necessary clubs from the North and start a new league system.

I have started to work out how best to merge clubs, and will post a list of my initial thought soon, but I am just wondering if anyone else has an interest in a project like this and has any thoughts on it?

Cheers

I created a irish league system with 5 divisions with about 18-20 teams in each league,

i used teams from the senior leagues to make up the other divisions, but it didn't seem right

to have amatuer teams from donegal traveling to cork week in week out, so i'm currently trying

to create a north/south division like the Blue Square in England heres a format that might work. WHAT YA THINK?

PREMIER LEAGUE - 20 teams - 3 relagation places

CHAMPIONSHIP - 20 teams - 2 auto promotions- 1 promoted from playoff (4 Teams) - 3 relagation spots

LEAGUE 1 - 18 teams - 2 auto promotions- 1 promoted from playoff (4 Teams) - 4 relagation spots

AMATUER LEAGUE SOUTH - 16 teams - 2 auto promotions- 1 promoted from playoff (4 Teams)

AMATUER LEAGUE NORTH - 16 teams - 2 auto promotions- 1 promoted from playoff (4 Teams)

McNelis, do post a d/l link when finished, I'd be excited to play what seems to be a great idea. Have you made the Northern teams Republic?

I'm just used the republic teams didn't touch the NI teams, but i'm having problems with the game i created it keeps crashing after i add a manager, so i'm trying to sort it b4 i have it ready for down load.

I'm also working on a all ireland league using the NI teams also, theres going to be possibly 9 or 10 leagues......

I'll definatly have them up for download as soon as i'm happy with it...

DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE SOON.....

I have created a Ireland league system, consisting of 6 tier its basically the same as the current English league set up:

Premier League 18 teams 3 relegation spots

Championship 20 teams 2 auto promotions- 1 play-off winner 4 relegation

League 1 20 teams 3 auto promotions- 1 play-off winner 4 relegation

League 2 20 teams 3 auto promotions- 1 play-off winner 3 relegation

Regional Prem League 20 teams 2 auto promotions- 1 play-off winner 4 relegation

Pro-Am Group 1 17 teams 1 auto promotion- 1 play-off winner 0 relegation

Pro-Am Group 1 17 teams 1 auto promotion- 1 play-off winner 0 relegation

FA Cup- All Teams

League Cup- Premier League, Championship, League 1

Intermediate Cup- League 2, Regional Prem, Pro-Am Group 1 and 2

Presidents Cup- Premier League Winners V FA Cup Winner

However i’m having problems with it crashing after the first season, so as soon as its sorted it will be available for download.

McNelis

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys, sorry been really busy with work and was sick for a while so haven't been able to make my all-ireland league a reality yet... hope to get back around to it over the next few days.

McNelis- your league looks interesting, cant wait to give it a bash

GOOD NEWS...

the game has stopped crashing after the 20th of June, so i'm holidaying it for a few seasons now and then i'll tweak any prize money and stuff.

so i'll put it up for download before the end of the week:)

if only i new somebody to make comp. logos for it, it would brighten it up a bit........

GOOD NEWS...

the game has stopped crashing after the 20th of June, so i'm holidaying it for a few seasons now and then i'll tweak any prize money and stuff.

so i'll put it up for download before the end of the week:)

if only i new somebody to make comp. logos for it, it would brighten it up a bit........

Should be up for download tomorrow, still tweaking..........

can any1 ere use photoshop?

iv done something quite similar to mine but have added players that dont have clubs to their current team whether that is league or non league, id tell anybody to do this because you find that non league teams tend not score many goals when fake players are added.

Currently in my second season in my custom made All-Ireland League. Prem=16, Championship1=16, Championship2=20, Championship3=20. Senior Challenge Cup, League Cup, 3x Regional Cups, Reserve Premier, Reserve Div1, Reserve Groups. Under 18 Leagues.

Archived