STEAM "Achievements" - a BIG question.

Hi,

I have just come across, in the splendid Football Manager Wiki, the achievements challange that has been built into FM2010 on STEAM.

1) I have already manually installed from retail DVD, and am VERY happily using FM2010.

2) I have a STEAM account, STEAM is on my PC.

3) I want to use / rise to the challenge of the "Personal Achievements" thingie.

I have just entered my FM2010 STEAM Key in, and can now see the challenge.

However, it looks like it will try and download FM2010 if I press next, which I don't want - I guess it will corrupt my manual install / make a horrible mess if I let it.

So, is there any way I can link my "manual" FM2010 to this challenge, without uninstalling, then pointlessly (apart from the challenge) downloading it via STEAM.

If anyone KNOWS how to do this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you tell me - idiot guide as well please - although I have a STEAM account, I have only used it once; registration of Empire:Total War required it - other than that, I'm a STEAM n00b.

Thanks, in advance.

Oh, and if not (and if I can be bothered), will it be OK if I do remove my manual installation and then download via STEAM, or am I opening up a whole registry-load of trouble? I mean, if not I can always print it out - it just wont be as much fun, you know?

Thanks again.

BTW - FM2010 has SO MANY of the things I have wanted from a new version, and they are very well implemented, IMHO - thanks SI.

When I activated via Steam it installed it off the disc, presumably it checks if it's there first before downloading it. Although I hadn't previously installed it, so maybe if you uninstall FM and then pick the Steam option when installing again it'll do the same for you.

Archived