[FM2010 Demo][Experimental] 2-2-2-2-2

Before anyone starts moaning, this isn't supposed to be a realistic tactic. I remember playing 01/02 a few weeks ago whilst I was bored and using a tactic that was shaped as the screenshot below. Now, I remember 01/02's match engine being awesome for random formations that just seemed to work like the WWW2, although this was based on old football principles. However the 2-2-2-2-2 doesn't seemed the be really based on anything and it would never work in the real world. However, from what I've seen, the AI has no common sense. It can deal with normal formations, but throw in something completely bizarre and it has no idea what's happening.

I'd also like to say that I am by no means a good tactician. I usually download tactics as I get too easily frustrated at tweaking. Obviously the tactics creator has helped but I still find myself getting annoyed. Also, this tactic might just be a one off, and has many obvious flaws, which you do see getting taken advantage of, but for some reason or another, the formation then finds itself dealing with the final ball. Not sure how.

Anyway, the formation itself:

1072mmr.png

So as you can see, 2 DC, 2 DMC, 2 MC, 2 AMC, 2 FC.

Set up as follows:

GK - Standard

DC x 2 - Limited Ball playing

DMC x 2 - Anchor Man

MC x 2 - Box to Box

AMCr - Attacking Midfielder

AMCl - Inside Forward

FC x 2 - Advanced Forward

I've tweaked the long shots down as in league 1, nobody is really any good at them at all.

Also the playing styles:

16hrfpf.png

Basically, I haven't tested it that much, just noticed some ridiculous stats like:

dc4lmg.png

v7dovn.png

Makes me think there might just be something in this formation, whether realistic or not. However, I'm absolutely rubbish at tweaking anything, so all I'm asking is that maybe some people take a look at it and see how it does for any team, and if they can improve it somewhat, great!

Link is below:

http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/19871614/file.html

Would be interested to see a PKM of either of those games, Dan, if possible.

Experiments like this can be quite handy in finding out where the AI fails to react to tactics properly. Obviously, a human player *should* be able to work out how to counter something like that, by exploiting the obvious gaps with a change of formation or a few shouts.

Archived