Anyone Creating the German Football League system in FM10?

Heelswxman

I did a search but didn't find anything from anyone stating that they intended on recreating the German league system. If not, I'm going to be doing it myself as Germany is far and away my favorite league, in real life as well as in FM.

I was thinking of going down to the Oberliga level, as I believe that the teams below that in levels VI and lower aren't all in the database.

If someone else was already doing this, I could lend you a hand if need be, otherwise I'll try and take the lead. But the German league system can be very confusing. :o

My hope is that the existence of the Regionaliiga and Oberliga in the database will make it relatively simple to add these lower levels in the game. As long as it's done realistically, that would be fantastic. I've been wanting to see at least one more level in German football since before the new structure. I've been wanting to manage clubs like Altona 93, but unfortunately they virtually never get promoted from the Regionaliiga because there are clubs with much higher reputations that usually get moved up.

My hope is that the existence of the Regionaliiga and Oberliga in the database will make it relatively simple to add these lower levels in the game. As long as it's done realistically, that would be fantastic. I've been wanting to see at least one more level in German football since before the new structure. I've been wanting to manage clubs like Altona 93, but unfortunately they virtually never get promoted from the Regionaliiga because there are clubs with much higher reputations that usually get moved up.

That was my hope as well. My main gripe with the German leagues was always the lack of active reserve teams. Since they all play in the lower leagues they're simply inactive but going down to the Oberliga would remedy that for the most part.

Honestly I'd love to go even lower, like down to the Landesliga etc., but I'm not sure if I'm up to the task of creating all those teams like SpVgg Emsdetten and such, although if I could get some help then maybe I'd reconsider. I wouldn't care so much about the players, rather just the clubs as once you get that low, greyed out players would suffice. I mean obviously I'd love to be able to go as low as the Bezirksklasse so I could play with the team from my old village, FC Otterbach. But to finally have an almost full German system would be amazing. Kaiserslautern would finally have an active reserve side!

Bezirksliga is imho totally unrealistic to do with proper Players/Staff etc.

First thing to do would be the Regionalligen, 3 in numbers.

Then the Oberligen, these are already 12, and thus pretty much to do.

There are 33 Verbandsligen!

If we assume 3 promotion places per Verbandslige we would habe approx. 100(!) Bezirksligen to do. That means approx. 1600 teams if not slightly more.

And I would prefer proper made Regionalliga/Oberliga, than Verbandsliga or even more.

Archived