Can I Transfer FM 09 to a different computer?

I bought FM 09 and intsalled it on a laptop. I then sold the disc but can still play on FM on the laptop. I have just bought a new laptop and want to know if there is a way to put FM 09 from the previous laptop to my new one.

you sold the disc, so the game is not yours anymore... Actually you should uninstall it from your old laptop.

And no, it's not possible to transfer a game/programm from one computer to another without the original disc.

Why should he uninstall FM if he sold the disc? I bought my game for 30 quid, downloaded it, sold it for 40.

But, if you save your FM game on a memory pen, it MIGHT work, but I'm not sure.

I don't want to sound like a pain in the butt, but you are breaking the law.

It's logical that you must uninstall the game if you sell the disc. You SOLD the game... not only the disc. You can't use what isn't yours.....

IF you put your FM saved game on a memorypen you can take it to another computer, but he asked if he could transfer the game (what is on the disc) to another computer, and that will not work.... Only works with DOS games.

Why should he uninstall FM if he sold the disc? I bought my game for 30 quid, downloaded it, sold it for 40.

But, if you save your FM game on a memory pen, it MIGHT work, but I'm not sure.

What happens if he gets something awful like a virus and has to format his hard drive? He'll have to either go out and purchase a new disk or download from steam. If he puts his saved game on a memory pen then that will work provided he has the actual game on his computer then the only other thing he'll need is the latest patch and any custom databse that he's previously used. Either way it will cost him more money unless your encouraging piracy which will get you and him in a lot of trouble.

What happens if he gets something awful like a virus and has to format his hard drive? He'll have to either go out and purchase a new disk or download from steam. If he puts his saved game on a memory pen then that will work provided he has the actual game on his computer then the only other thing he'll need is the latest patch and any custom databse that he's previously used. Either way it will cost him more money unless your encouraging piracy which will get you and him in a lot of trouble.

I'm not encouraging piracy. I bought the game LEGALLY from a shop then I sold the game LEGALLY at a shop. If there was something against me doing this then the shop would not buy it from me. Why should i uninstall a game that if you don't need the disc to play with and decided to sell the disc when it is not needed for the game. At the end of the day I've done no piracy and I'm being accused of encouraging it.

Archived