One question about Genie Scout 2009

Materazzi23

Hello.I want to ask you something about Genie Scout 2009.For example the game generate regen with PA 185.When I click to see him profile and click on "Show Potential attributes" it dispays that the player could devepol only to CA 160.My question is can the player develop to a CA over 160 or not?Thanks.

Wow! You're right; I never noticed that before. A quick look shows that older players who have reached their optimum CA and are in decline are one group, which is fair enough, but I also note that it seems the gap is particularly wide with the teenage regen goalkeepers I checked. Other young regens show the same tendency.

I'd love an explanation too.

Wow! You're right; I never noticed that before. A quick look shows that older players who have reached their optimum CA and are in decline are one group, which is fair enough, but I also note that it seems the gap is particularly wide with the teenage regen goalkeepers I checked. Other young regens show the same tendency.

I'd love an explanation too.

Yes some player has PA 185 and can develop to CA 185,but some can develop only to let say.. 160 :( So I wanna want is this bug or :?

No it is just genie's way of calculating that the player can only reach CA 160.

This might be due to his age, his professionalism, his attitude etc.

You can still reach more than CA 160, if you train him up properly like tutoring and first team football of a highest level.

No it is just genie's way of calculating that the player can only reach CA 160.

This might be due to his age, his professionalism, his attitude etc.

You can still reach more than CA 160, if you train him up properly like tutoring and first team football of a highest level.

Ah, makes sense. Are you definitely sure about that lyw? :)

I just made Aguero PA 196.I don't know what it was before that,but Scout says that he can develop only to 189, now he is develop on 192 :)

That makes sense according to lyw's logic. He'd reach max 189 on default training, but a good training schedule which redistributes attribute points to more effective areas will increase his Genie rating and CA.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, it's a bug in Genie and it's a known bug too. I have a player with a potential of 198. I signed him when he was 16, but his ambition and professionalism were very low. In three years he barely developed to an acceptable level. I wondered what it could be, and when I changed his ambition and professionalism both to a high number (with FMRTE), he started to make really good progress. It's only been one year though, so I have to see how good he will become.

Thing is, before I made the change, it showed the potential rating to a CA of 170. Now even WITH the changes of high ambition and professionalism, it STILL shows a potential CA of 170.

So this pretty much proves it's just a bug. Reaching maximum potential is a matter of a lot of cases: good training, experience, injuries, morale... just to name a few.

Ok well what the above guy did is not even needed I have had unambitious players reach a CA of 185 from a 185 PA. All you have to do is play them A LOT get proper tutoring and make sure you have good training programs. The thing said his CA would only reach 158 btw. If you check it out later in the season and he has gotten better then you will notice that his potential CA according to the genie is also higher.

Ok well what the above gsuy did is not even needed I have had unambitious players reach a CA of 185 from a 185 PA. All you have to do is play them A LOT get proper tutoring and make sure you have good training programs. The thing said his CA would only reach 158 btw. If you check it out later in the season and he has gotten better then you will notice that his potential CA according to the genie is also higher.

And that is why you think it's not even needed? Come on, give me a break. Of course he developed because you played him a LOT, got him tutored and a good training program. That doesn't mean ambition isn't important. Here's why: my team is very good, and I can't let him play in the first team, because he just isn't good enough yet. So he plays in the U19 league, gets tutored and has world class coaches to train him. Even then, he barely made progress. But since a couple of months, since I changed ambition and professionalism to a high attribute, he's starting to make really good progress. I'll loan him out soon and hopefully, he'll reach his PA.

Ambition is a factor that should definitely be looked at.

Archived