FM08 : RSCA Anderlecht : Mens sana in corpore sano

Purefun

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha agreed, when in europe i play a 4 1 3 2 to get at teams as i find playing defensively against good teams only invites more pressure lol ive just been drawn in the group stages against manutd psv and sporting cp!! wish me luck icon_biggrin.gif

Lol thats why I always play with effectively 2 DM's or atleast 2 holding CM's, in the end in Europe I just went had to go for it, the quality of teams mean if you set out to defend you'll get ripped apart, so I attacked, still got ripped apart but also manaegd a few wins, defence was the area I found weakest in the side, I've just sold Bigliaicon_frown.gif, money too much to turn down.

Sorry mate, not sure on conversion into Euros, £3m + 50% sell on + £1m after 1 lge app + buy back off around £5m, and that's to Ajax, you could probably get more, as I never used him all that much and I sold after not much negotiating as I wanted the funds,

When I've completed all the transfers I'll post a screenie, but theres alot more players intrested of a higher calibre mate, lots of talented south americans.

A couple of people to keep your eye on -

M.Ferrari

H.Kewell

L.Carsley

They all ran out of contract, I missed out on Ferrari to Napoli but he was intrested and would be great in this league,

Kewell would of came but I messed up by offering him a trila instead of a contract

I've got Carsley on trial, he's getting on but the 1 game he's played was really good, most his tackling, teamwork, anticip[ation etc, everything you'd want for a battling DM are still 17's, 18's and 19's, think I'll offer him a contract,

Season 2 lookiing like it'll much better in terms of players though,

Genk have brought A Razack Traore though :O

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Yeah, I got a budget of around £3.8m, Luis Jiminez my main taret atm, waiting to see if he accepts my contract, also the board are upgrading my Training facilities, they wont touch the Youth ones though.

Going for him in January so hopefully tonight. icon14.gif

Yeah good luck with getting him, I missed out in the end but you'll probably have more luck in Jan,

Quite frustrating transfers, got money this time around and can meet wages to an extent, its just I'm guessing the club rep isn't as good as alot of other teams so missing out on a few targets.

Here is my Transfers

AndTrans2.jpg?t=1208342497

Don't think I'll be as succesful this season as the plan is to play the youngsters so that hopefully they develop towards their potential quicker.

Some great signings mate.

Sidnei and Forster are great or will be.

Some great loans too : Nordveit, Iago, Djordjevic, Schmeichel. icon14.gif

I pernonally think Kruiswijk looks good. Whats your opinion on him?

i know im off topic but can any one give me a hand and answer a question, im playin fm 08 not using any patches, when u save a game, is it saved to a file on the computer?? and if it is, are you able to transfer that file to a usb and then played your saved game on a laptop lets say? cheers

Originally posted by theeblacko:

i know im off topic but can any one give me a hand and answer a question, im playin fm 08 not using any patches, when u save a game, is it saved to a file on the computer?? and if it is, are you able to transfer that file to a usb and then played your saved game on a laptop lets say? cheers

This has been answered already by Ubos i see.

purefun

Yeah Kruiswijk is good, really good heading, tackling, marking and is only young.

To add to my list of transfers, Pareja is leaving to Atlante for £3m just before January,

Sidnei is arleady 1st choice CB and scouts say he'll improve to be the best, I'm sure I've brought him on previous games and has been great,

Forster isn't as good as my 1st choice LB at the moment but I@m going to play him anyway to hopefully get him progressing quicker.

Schmeichel has gone straight in as number 1 GK, kept of 25 of Cheleas shots lol, let in 3 however.

The board give you extra money again at the start of the season and more if you ask so it's handy.

theeblacko

I'm sure aslong as the database is the same on both computers, e.g no editing or diffferent patches then yes that should be fine.

The file will be in Your Documents folder > Sports Interactive > FM 08 > Games> Whatever you have game saved as,

Then I'm guessing when you load it up on another computer you'd just click onto load game and browse for the file there.

alrite lads, well im thinking of starting my anderlecht game again on the 8.02 update, would you advise this? is there no glitch with too many goals when you start a new game with the patch as ive heard when continuing a game with the patch this happens. Thanks to let us know coz i just want to start this anderlecht game the same as everyone else, i was previously using 8.01 icon_biggrin.gif

kkk mate il start again icon14.gif im just downloading it and il start with anderlecht again lol suppose its a bit stupid playing 8.01 when you are all with the latest one icon_biggrin.gif are there any major differences in the anderlecht team with the update?

Jess boi

Well you loose a few players and you have more injuries and you have a striker extra. Thats it.

Liam

Well the chairman is the second richest. He is the son of a brewer who sold his brewery for 3.000.000.000 (thats what was said but i'm thinking it was more) so money enough i guess.

The richest one is from my hometeam (Sint-Truiden) but they got relegated irl this season.

Bloody hell thats alot of money!!

You got an update on how your doing in your game mate?

Mate i'm working. I'm 24th of november in first season. Hopefully tonight or otherwise tomorrow def.

Congrats mate you progressed into the next round.

I on the other hand just got my ass beat 6-2 in Stuttgart.

If i win my last game though i could go to the eurocup. Lets hope so. But thats for tonight.

Ouch I've had a few beatings in Europe too,

Think I'd of prefered EEFA though, as I got drawn against Man Utd lol

Tough one mate.

Did you download a tactic or invent one of your own?

Still 2-2 is excellent mate.

----

Only drew my last game against Arsenal. 2-2 not to bad imo.

Finished fourth. icon_frown.gif

Anyway i made a brazilian signing for 230.000 euro in total. A 18 year old central defender who looks good. Will post a ss tomorrow.

Trying for a striker now.

purefun

Yeah the 2-2 was good, would of won if not for an Iago own goal, 5-1 on the return not so good lol.

I'd say if your not in desperate need of a striker wait til next season mate, you'll have alot more options and alot more cash available to you,

zarate from Birmingham will be one if you win the wage war after about 5 clubs go for him, but theres lots of options,

2nd season my 1st choice is Frutos, bagged 25 goals and 9 assists in 31 apps, best of all he's at the club lol, my team starting to look like what I want now, give it two years they'll be amongst the best in Europe.

GK - Schmeichel*

DL - Rafael Forster

DC - Sidnei

DC - Kruiswijk

DR - Gillet

DM - Rafael Carioca

DM/CM - Sankhare*

AM - Piatti (amazing mate if can get, cost me about £500k now getting bids of £12m, still only 19 I believe)

AM - Iago

AM - Alfaro* (20 Goals and 10 assists so far, will look to make him permenant)

ST - Frutos/Saivet

Hehe, I've gone for mainly south americans throughout, young and lots of potential, most importantly cheap!

I can see problems if they develop properly and get call ups when it comes to Copa America and Olympics etc.

Theres the rule of 2 under 21's and 5 Belgians in the match squad too, but thats no problem in the league, tried declaring intrest in Kompany but he wasn't having any of it lol

Originally posted by themakam:

Just got to start won super cup 3-0 even though very bad pre season. I aim to win a cup and hopefuly get a top 2 finish.

Who have you brought in and who have you sold?

Originally posted by themakam:

bought people we had on loan need a good striker on loan

What do you mean? That you bought the players you had on loan? ...

Anyway strikers to loan : Anichebe from Everton fast striker and scores a lot no need to pay anything towards his wages, Ben Sahar also scores tons and try without wages otherwise 50% will do.

I've gave up on this save for now, will come back to it when I get bored of my current game!

No problem mate i got back to my Lyon save (again) but i will return when some more people join in. Its more fun that way. (Hopey, Tomtuck and others, yes you heard me you guys icon_biggrin.gif)

Originally posted by pinow:

I'm managing Zaragoza atm.

But if I get tired of them, i'll start an Anderlecht game. That would be my first since 7.0.0 icon_eek.gif

RSC Anderlecht icon14.gif

Always welcome mate. Go Les Moves. icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so my Anderlecht game was started on 8.0.1 so i haven't had a fantastic Gillet or Vlcek.

I won the league last season and i'm currently in December 2nd season.

I've had some good successes in the 1st season. Mainly just winning the league with a 4 point advantage and bringing in some talents from Belgium. Didn't get past winter in Europe so screw that.

Currently on course to fly out of Europe again and having a horrid time in the league! Great players, great flowing movement... towards my goal! Oh and did i mention my defenders were just great in losing headers?

My team

Originally posted by purefun:

Okay some nice transfers mate.

Could you post a s.s. of your transfers? thx

And yes europe is a bitch for Anderlecht. icon_frown.gif

I'll post one when the mid-season transfer window closes.

Archived