FM match engine = BLATANTLY pre-determined

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glyn:

1. All cats have four legs.

2. my dog has four legs.

3. Therefore, my dog is a cat.

4. The above has been rigged and is pre-determined.

QED. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL This is just stupid logic.

A implies B.

C implies B

Therefore C implies A.

I don't know about pre-determined but I have a weekend game with my brother which for various reasons (updates, game crashes, mega bad budget busting purchase,etc) we have restarted perhaps 5 or 6 times. Coupled to this I have my own oneplayer game which I have started 3 or 4 times due to updates.

On all occassions I have been Celtic. Despite trying several formations, different line ups, different tactics I have never won on Sept 23rd (Hibs). This despite winning every game previously quite comfortably. Is this pre-determined or are Hibs just a bogey team?

To be honest my brother and I put up with the problems in FM as they are equal for both of us (e.g. shots to goal ratio, xmas leveller (definately not a myth - it has always happened in all versions), etc) We just like the competition. Of course, no comfort for the one player game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cloughie is god:

xmas leveller (definately not a myth - it has always happened in all versions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love to know what an 'xmas leveller' is. Especially as it's been in all versions. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sten_super:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cloughie is god:

xmas leveller (definately not a myth - it has always happened in all versions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love to know what an 'xmas leveller' is. Especially as it's been in all versions. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People not adjusting to poor weather, multiple games in a short space of time etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kriss:

It'll be similar to the hogmanay leveller, which only occurs if you're managing in Scotland.

The Chinese new year leveller is of course variable icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so is Easter leveller icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:

I think he has been at a big club, and got sacked for under performing. After many draws with midtable sides. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like Rafa Benitez... icon_smile.gif

Guest sav112

Ok with the many hours playing on this online in the Clan game I can honestly say that I get the feeling there is a force other than the opposition at work, this I think was done as to make it harder and it does make it harder but this was done in a cheap and quick way.

Opposition GK can be the worst ever in the ten matches previous to your match then become world class saving from two 30 million pound strikers, I always joke give me Barca as opposition cause that team in 18th place will beat me every time.

The rule of “yes it can happen in football†kicks in far to often in my view.

I’ve played all the CM & FM games and this is the first I feel that something is simply a miss and fighting me all the way. I don’t want an easy game by any manner of means but I don’t want anything other than the opposition beating me! Best games and best worked out matches seem to be Human V Human.

I could depend on how a team would play or a player perform –yes they had thee odd games like it should be but Its like pot luck with how your team will play.

Not very constructive but the way I feel, I trusted result in the previous versions this one feels like your being held back or punished at times.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robioto 2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:

I think he has been at a big club, and got sacked for under performing. After many draws with midtable sides. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like Rafa Benitez... icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

I have a laptop that used to crash a lot. I would always find that if it crashes without saving the game then I would always lsoe the first game after restarting, though I won the same game comfortably before the crash. Its not even just bad luck, the players just dont play as well, despite the same tactics and team selection. I started noticing this after the game normally as well. Recently I was on a 16 game winning streak and lost 2-0 at home to west brom after loading the game.

It seems to me as though there is a bug in the game to stop people restarting the game to get better results, as I always have me worst results the first game after loading. Has anyone else noticed this? Try reloading the game after a comfortable victory and see what happens

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glyn:

1. All cats have four legs.

2. my dog has four legs.

3. Therefore, my dog is a cat.

4. The above has been rigged and is pre-determined.

QED. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always thought moderators were supposed to be impartial?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommo_Got_Booted!:

Always thought moderators were supposed to be impartial? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. They are entitled to have an opinion, and to voice it, just like the rest of us.

Xmas leveller - appears in 2 player game - one team usually about 10 pts clear towards mid December - during xmas & early new year this gap narrows to 2 or 3 pts.

I stand by my previous statement - it has always happened - we expect it. May be it is just a coincidence - may be Lee Harvey Oswald really did kill JFK on his own.

Xmas leveller - appears in 2 player game - one team usually about 10 pts clear towards mid December - during xmas & early new year this gap narrows to 2 or 3 pts.

I stand by my previous statement - it has always happened - we expect it. May be it is just a coincidence - may be Lee Harvey Oswald really did kill JFK on his own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not played a multiplayer FM game for about 6 years, so can't say that I have experienced it. What I would say is that accusations have been made that the game 'rubber bands' teams in FM08 (i.e. stops the player team from running away with the league by either artificially improving the performance of other top teams or by reducing the performance of the player team), and a member of SI categorically stated that this was not the case. Sorry I can't remember what thread it was in (I saw it a couple of months ago) but it was definitely there.

I have a laptop that used to crash a lot. I would always find that if it crashes without saving the game then I would always lsoe the first game after restarting, though I won the same game comfortably before the crash. Its not even just bad luck, the players just dont play as well, despite the same tactics and team selection. I started noticing this after the game normally as well. Recently I was on a 16 game winning streak and lost 2-0 at home to west brom after loading the game.

It seems to me as though there is a bug in the game to stop people restarting the game to get better results, as I always have me worst results the first game after loading. Has anyone else noticed this? Try reloading the game after a comfortable victory and see what happens

not a big fan of conspiricies but i have to agree with that

Archived