• Can no longer post updates to Twitter on FM23Mobile

WoodyCAFC
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hello, haven’t been on here for a long time, so apologies if I’m asking this in the wrong place, but would anyone know why I suddenly can’t post Football Manager 23 Mobile updates to Twitter?

all that’s changed recently is I’m using game editor for the first time, but I’ve also used it on older mobile versions for  the first time recently and I can still post updates to Twitter from there.

the option has just completely disappeared. I’ve attached some screenshots.

any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

thank you 🙂

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yeah, most likely it's thanks to Elon Musk. It used to be free to use the Twitter API in the way FMM was, but Twitter changed that a couple of months ago. There is a hobbyist level that only costs USD$100 per month, but it has a limit of 50,000 tweets per month, which may not be enough for FMM. And it has a limit of 2 apps, so that may be FM and FM Touch and leave FMM out of luck? After that, prices start at USD$42,000 per month... 

It could be something else, but most likely due to this. 

• SI Staff

As the above Users have mentioned, recent changes to Twitter means we have removed this feature, we apologise for the inconvenience. 

On 17/05/2023 at 11:26, Zachary Whyte said:

As the above Users have mentioned, recent changes to Twitter means we have removed this feature, we apologise for the inconvenience. 

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know. I’m still seeing posting mobile updates for the 23 game on Twitter, guessing that means they haven’t done the latest updates maybe?

do you support updates to any other social media platforms? Twitter is becoming increasingly unpopular anyway. Thanks.