• Signing 16-18 year old players

jscull
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Playing as Arsenal, i'm now unable to sign any EU or Worldwide players until they reach 18. Specifically this is happening with a lot of south american/EU regens. The clubs will accept my bid but the player is completely uninterested in joining, regardless of my teams status.  If the player turns 18 before the next transfer window then sometimes i can sign him.  I've been able to recreate this with spanish/italian clubs trying to sign 16yo brazilian regens from FLA. 

In older games, including FM22 i would agree a fee with the club and then agree a contract with the player and when he was old enough he would join my team. Every game previously i've been able to scout worldwide regens and make some signings but not able to do so now until they're 18. 

Hope this can be looked at, thanks

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 18/11/2022 at 15:38, Neil Brock said:

Just to be clear on this one, rules have changed in real life which have prevented overseas players joining clubs which wasn't the case in previous years - especially in the UK. This is reflected in game by this being more realistic.

It's become a lot rarer in real life football - we don't change things just for the sake of annoying people or trying to make it harder, we do so based on real life factors.

Saying that we are looking at it and it is being fine-tuned based on feedback both from in-house comments and the community. Thanks. 

And you havent fixed it yet?? its like 5 months ago... in sweden they dont have this prob but u still cant sign younger players... why is this game so expensive when you are doing nothing? do i need to wait for fm24 for this problem to be fixed???? so sick

15 ore fa, Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

Hi @DMaster2we have made changes looking to address this.

Can you please send us a save file where this is happening for you so we can review further, thank you.

I still can't upload to that cloud...

Honestly haven't been interested in playing this game for months & just been coming back here to see if anyone actually plans to do anything about it. Incredible you're just trying to cite some weird legal doctrine to say this is more like real life when basically someones fecked up the player interest algorithm in monolithic proportions & you can't / won't fix it...

The crux is:

• players from lower leagues, reputable nations & poorer nations want to move to better, more reputable & better paying clubs.
    • In the case of youth players
      • if players are on youth contracts: buying clubs can sign agreements with players & pay a compensation, either agreed by the club or which is set by tribunal.
      • if the players on youth contracts but have signed a pre-contract agreement (where they will sign officially at age 17): then any purchasing club needs to agree the fee with the club with that pre-contract agreement.
      • In both examples, the deal can be struck years in advance of the moving date, if the move cannot be registered until a point in time: such as the player being under 18
    • For some reason, a player under 18 simply doesn't want to move, other than a couple of exceptions.
    • You don't need save game examples to prove this - just setup any game, pick a team from the top 20 reputable clubs in the world & try it.
    • To prove my point further & to explain that this is not just about getting players "cheap". I can agree a "full fee" with a club where the player has a professional contract & they're not interested. 
    • To cement my point EVEN MORE: I'm tottenham, I'm willing to offer bellingham's younger brother a deal from birmingham; I can agree a fee with the club, but he doesn't even want to talk to me; he's english, can even sign immediately, but nope, under 18. But I can agree a fee with dortmund to buy his older worlds most sought after englishman at the age of 19 & he's more than happy to sign up.

Honestly farcical.

• SI Staff

As mentioned above we have made several changes to this across our updates.

If you still believe this to be an issue we will need new save files with examples at the ready.

Just posted it in the feedback thread

But actually same here, before 18 y/o nobody will want to discuss terms, but as soon as the player turns 18 it's ok to discuss

A bit annoying tbh

What i dont understand is i am FCSB in romania, won league and cup double two years in a row and round of 16 but cant sign players from a second division team in Romania who arent playing for their team however as soon as he turns 18 he will be desperate to join