• AI teams buying players in roles that do not fit their formation

abcdf
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I am seeing a lot of nosense buys like that. For example, teams playing with a 3-5-2 system randomly buying a winger or an inside forward that ends up never getting any playing time because  it does not fit into the formation used by the team

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi there. Are you able to upload a save from before the transfer offer happens? It would allow SI to reproduce your reported issue and they can investigate why it's happening to determine whether there's logic to it or something that needs adjusting.

Details here:

I uploaded a savegame named "AI_buying_players_in_wrong_roles" which is before the tranfer happened. I also upload another savegame named "AI_buying_players_in_wrong_roles_after" that is after the transfer.  Inter (3-5-2 system) bought Victor Tsygankov that will get no playing time because he cannot play in any position in a 3-5-2. I have seen that happening quite a few times at this point

Edited by abcdf

I have another example which in my opinion exemplifies pretty cleraly that this is a bug. Atalanta spending most of its tranfer budget (54 mln euros for a single player) on Thiago Gouveia that ends up never playing because he does not fit the 3-4-1-2 formation used by the team. As you can see, at the end of december he still has 0 overall appearances.

I noticed that most of the times this bug happens with teams that play a 3 man defence (3-4-1-2, 3-4-2-1) and keep on buying wingers and inside forwards for no reason.

Gouveia.PNG

Gouveia history.PNG

Atal.PNG

Edited by abcdf

Another striking example. Tuchel's Tottenham (3-4-2-1) spending 111 mln euros (!!!!) on Saint Maximin, which again, cannot fit easily at all in their system. As a result, he never played as a starter in 4 months. 

I uploaded the savegame containing the two examples above named "AI_buying_players_in_wrong_role_2".

Saint-max.PNG

Saint-max history.PNG

Tottenham.PNG

Edited by abcdf

Il 26/1/2023 in 18:18 , Kyle Brown ha scritto:

This is one we believe has been resolved, but do let us know if you spot any new instances.

I come back to report that the issue is still not resolved. I have seen many cases of 3-4-2-1/3-4-1-2 teams keep on buying wingers and inside forwards.