• Scouting Focus and Ranges - Returning No Players/Lack of Players

Slippy_
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Trying to figure out scouting in this version of FM and running into issues/bugs with the new scouting focuses.

I started a random save with a lower league club (Airdire, Scottish League 1) and set up a scouting focus to be as WIDE as possible. Any posistion in a 4-4-2, current ability of 2 star+, any age and anywhere we can scout. After running the game for a few weeks I keep getting emails that my 2 scouts are struggling to find any recommended players and suggests to widen the search parameters.

I suspect this is because the scouting packages have now changed so that the package IS the scouting range, meaning that lower league teams with small budgets will have very few players to scout. Is this intended? It seems a bit unrealistic that lower league clubs wouldnt want to scout say... higher league teams U21s/U18s for youngsters who will be let go or willing to come for loans. Right now you cant do that without incurring heavy costs.

Interestingly the scouts have found 8 players in progress but on their staff pages they are showing 25/39 players scouted of which most are over 2 star CA. These players should be showing on the focus? Or is the problem that they fit the requirments but are outisde my transfer budget? In the last screenshot you can see that some of the player values are very low. In fact Niel Parry (GK near the bottom) is available for £0, which the agent also confirmed.

image.png.1eb49960e59e76174896a11899a8f6b5.pngimage.png.dc58c0b83fc1eabecdd2a4eb4272e7ce.pngimage.thumb.png.add2ed53597c7c60d0df15064fb41a1b.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have a similar issue.

Playing with Eintracht Frankfurt and i will just get recommendations or near matches if i scout with top priority on a single position, even it's all areas. Sending a single scout to a single country to scout for any position on standard or ongoing priority results in 0 recommendations or near matches in months. Even with a low CA and PA requirement and highest possible max transfer value.

Savegame was uploaded to the cloud.

Having the same issue. Getting  0 recommendations  and zero near matches either. also noticed that it shows no scouting assignment even though a scout is assign to an assignment. very frustrating. 

Sorry for the delay in response. I have uploaded 2 save files. 1 is for the save previously asked (Scroogle McDoogle - Airdrie) and 1 is for Exeter in which has the same issue (Scrooge McDoogle - Unemployed). For Airdrie the most recent email about the focus is on the 25th July 2022. For Exeter the most recent email about the focus is on the 18th July 2022. Sorry, theres a lot of unread emails as I was running the game in holiday mode to get some scouting results for the test.

The exeter save has even lower required PA to see if that was causing the issue. I also named the focus 'Test 1' and you can see on the Chief Scouts page for Exter that when you filter by assignment there is 'All', 'Test 1' and Known Talent. Known Talent has 12 reports, Test 1 (the focus) has 0 and 'All' has 56. So the scouting is happening its just not coming through on the focus! I also noticed that on both scouts pages neither have a next match, but these guys must be doing to matches to get reports. The focus also has 17 in progress which should all fit the critera. For Exeter the most recent email about the focus is on the 18th July 2022, for 

If I get some time ill test this with a larger team with more than 1 or 2 scouts. if you need anything else on this please let me know.

Just ran a final test as Norwich who have a decent scouting set up from the get go. I removed all the focuses set by the AI and set 3 tests all with 0 star CA/PA 2 for countries and 1 for a region in Europe. After 1 month there were no hits.

Interestingly the AI set up an focus for the Championship which returned 12 hits! The only difference was that they used 'any position from tactic' and used tactic all. So it looks like if the AI set up the focus it works fine but not for the player.

On a related note on this save I noticed that some European countries are greyed out on the select, despite having a scouting package of Europe. Most of these are minor nations but Belarus (I think Latvia was as well) was included in this 'greyed out' section which I would consider a problem as they have a league in the base game. When I expanded the scouting package to the world large amounts of countries across the world were greyed out, inclueding nations with leagues in the base game (Singapore/Malaysia). Does this mean that regens cant spawn from those countries at all? Happy to raise this as a seperate bug report if needed.

I have uploaded the Norwich save (Scrooge McDoogle - Norwich) for your reference.

Am 22.10.2022 um 10:10 schrieb Kyle Brown:

What was the save file called? @Maddux

Sorry for the late response. I thought that i will get an email notification when someone responds to my post.

The save file was called "Maddux 0 recommendations" but i already found out why i got no recommendations.

If you create a new scouting assignment and chose a particular tactic instead of just selecting "all" it seems like your scouts are looking for players where their best suited role is one of the roles you use and the tactics you chose to search players for. So your scouts would never recommend you Erling Haaland if you are playing with a Complete Forward because Haaland's best suited role is Advanced Forward. I started getting recommendations when i switched from searching for one of my tactics to "all".