• Extraordinarily high scouting budgets for extraordinarily small clubs...

dℍaisa
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I hope this is the right subforum for this, if not please redirect.

This issue is concerning non-vanilla databases as far as I am aware.

• I have talked with few of the lower league database creators ( L10 England and L6 Germany), they are saying that you can't set scouting budget for clubs, only their initial scouting package; and the game is allocating enough budget to even the most obscure clubs so that they can fully scout their respective countries ( around 130K$). Which is completely unrealistic.
    • Next I hoped that the above point will only hold for the 1st season, but again for the second season, my club which is at Germany's tier 4, at -372K$ of debt provided me with 156K$ of scouting budget... (again just more than Germany's package)image.png.6ddf5b526c6ac3ada299d09d4cd5e9c4.pngimage.png.f396ce4039cd16d57f394979b6a9574e.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 minute ago, Cizzu said:

unfortunately it is not possible to solve with the pre-game editor

Scouting-Budget-issue.png 

yes, there is no setting to set the scouting budget for the first season of the save.

5 minuti fa, dℍaisa ha scritto:

yes, there is no setting to set the scouting budget for the first season of the save.

and in the second season instead?

Just now, Cizzu said:

and in the second season instead?

obviously there can be no setting after the initial season, but the problem is again the club is allocating this high scouting budget to you. Please refer to the second point of my initial post.

Cizzu

Posted (edited)

6 minuti fa, dℍaisa ha scritto:

obviously there can be no setting after the initial season, but the problem is again the club is allocating this high scouting budget to you. Please refer to the second point of my initial post.

Thanks. Seems like a serious issue. Hopefully they can fix it quickly.

Edited by Cizzu

Jut to say this seems to be an issue on the vanilla game too, like in the Vanarama national north, where budgets are also 95k, but weirdly some lower leagues like in Scotland are unaffected.

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we apologise for the inconvenience.

We believe this issue should be resolved in a future update. 

How come the scouting budgets aren't editable in the pre game editor? Is that something you guys could change?

17 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Scouting budgets aren't something set by researchers, they're determined based on other factors. 

Ye but if we had the ability to edit say non vanilla budgets then that would mostly sort the issue 

• SI Staff

May be something worth making a feature request for if you feel that way. However, its an issue we're reviewing as a bug and typically the fix for an issue we go for wouldn't be to put the onus onto players to create a custom DB to fix it. 

Il 15/1/2023 in 00:23 , Michael Sant ha scritto:

May be something worth making a feature request for if you feel that way. However, its an issue we're reviewing as a bug and typically the fix for an issue we go for wouldn't be to put the onus onto players to create a custom DB to fix it. 

Hi Michael, any news about this issue ?

• Administrators

Believe this has now been resolved in a previous update, thank you for your patience. Do let us know if you spot anything similar.