• Stuttering Match Engine Doing My Head In

djmartincape
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Is anyone else having this issue? 

The match engine is awful to watch. It's constantly stuttering.

My PC can play MWII on very high settings no problem, but cannot play FM23 properly. I've changed the refresh rate to a fixed FPS of 60, turned off G-Sync, added that --disable_flip_discard into the steam settings, and changed other nVidia settings.

What is wrong with this game?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, we apologise for the inconvenience.

We're working hard to try and resolve this issue.

A thing to try if you haven't would be bringing your render scale slider down (in Preferences) to 75%, some Users have said this has helped with the stuttering. 

Also, could we please get your DxDiag file. You can see how in the link below, thank you.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553-How-to-find-my-system-DxDiag

15 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we apologise for the inconvenience.

We're working hard to try and resolve this issue.

A thing to try if you haven't would be bringing your render scale slider down (in Preferences) to 75%, some Users have said this has helped with the stuttering. 

Also, could we please get your DxDiag file. You can see how in the link below, thank you.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553-How-to-find-my-system-DxDiag

Can you give us a very rough idea of when this will be patched? i.e. will there be a mini-patch in Jan or are we going to have to wait until March for the update? It is such a frustrating issue, made worse by the fact that the game was running fine until the Dec patch! Is it too simplistic to say just undo the change made in the Dec patch that has caused so many people to have this issue? It’s really disappointing, I can’t remember another version of FM where there was an issue that was so badly affecting a huge number of players that has gone untouched for almost 6 weeks now. Very sloppy, especially from such a mainstream game.

1 hour ago, DanBeats90 said:

Can you give us a very rough idea of when this will be patched? i.e. will there be a mini-patch in Jan or are we going to have to wait until March for the update? It is such a frustrating issue, made worse by the fact that the game was running fine until the Dec patch! Is it too simplistic to say just undo the change made in the Dec patch that has caused so many people to have this issue? It’s really disappointing, I can’t remember another version of FM where there was an issue that was so badly affecting a huge number of players that has gone untouched for almost 6 weeks now. Very sloppy, especially from such a mainstream game.

completly agree mate its a joke big time 6 weeks they having a laugh... how about giving everyone a refund for this shocking game performance ? and there has been no fm since ive been playing it (20 years) that has had this issue for this long. before dec 1st update no problem! so obviously not are set ups something SI have done i.e why having to put commands in to play the game that dosent even work for me and thousends of players all over world... do you see the likes of fifa,cod,total war with these problems? and saying its peoples different set ups no.. this is not a graphicly intence game yet has all these problems .

• SI Staff

Hi @DanBeats90

We're working with the aim of having something available as soon as we're able to do so.

But there are a number of different factors involved in why some users are seeing problems, some of which will be specific to their own system setups.

It's not as simple as just reverting a change, we understand this is a frustrating matter and we want this resolved as much as you do.

On 06/01/2023 at 20:32, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @DanBeats90

We're working with the aim of having something available as soon as we're able to do so.

But there are a number of different factors involved in why some users are seeing problems, some of which will be specific to their own system setups.

It's not as simple as just reverting a change, we understand this is a frustrating matter and we want this resolved as much as you do.

Is it Nvidia specific 

Mine seems to be sorted now. I added the line to steam and fixed the FPS in the game settings. 

Plus, turned off g-sync and fixed the FPS to 60 in the NVidia control centre. When I get chance, I’ll send a screenshot of my settings. But, it was only sorted after I changed all those and restarted my PC. 

4 hours ago, djmartincape said:

Mine seems to be sorted now. I added the line to steam and fixed the FPS in the game settings. 

Plus, turned off g-sync and fixed the FPS to 60 in the NVidia control centre. When I get chance, I’ll send a screenshot of my settings. But, it was only sorted after I changed all those and restarted my PC. 

So your adboards are working