• fixture scheduling Bundesliga

HNLFan
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

The first season have fixed fixture list, but in second season, the same problem, as in other leagues after new update 23.2. Teams plays 2 or 3 games in a row away, and then 2/3 in row at home. Dont have a save, but I tried several times to start new career after this update, and always the same happen.

This makes game completely unplayable. Hopes to fast response, and more faster update to fix this.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi everyone.

How can it be that the status is still "open"? The problem/bug has been already explained by the user above me. In this example there is 4 (!) matches in a row at home followed by 4 matches in a row away. The league rules should be known. Test save was started of course without any custom files. P.S.: Savegame was uploaded to ownCloud and the name is "Nick Prince"

861665450-20221228230850-1.jpg

Edited by JumanoPrince

• SI Staff

Thanks for sharing a screenshot and game save of the example you have @JumanoPrince This was the kind of thing we needed to investigate. Our QA team had taken a provisional look and were unable to get this to reproduce. 

While I do appreciate its a frustrating issue @HNLFan and I realise it may ruin your immersion in the game, this isn't something that we would regard as game breaking. It's definitely an issue we want to look into further, but just to help manage your expectations I would need to clarify that.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Michael Sant:

Thanks for sharing a screenshot and game save of the example you have @JumanoPrince This was the kind of thing we needed to investigate. Our QA team had taken a provisional look and were unable to get this to reproduce. 

While I do appreciate its a frustrating issue @HNLFan and I realise it may ruin your immersion in the game, this isn't something that we would regard as game breaking. It's definitely an issue we want to look into further, but just to help manage your expectations I would need to clarify that.

Thanks for your answer Michael. 

Important is that this issue happens in 2023/24 (!) and the next seasons. The first season in 2022/23 it doesn't happen because the real schedule from the real Bundesliga season is used.  In germany's Bundesliga are these two things different to what in FM is:

- When you play in matchday 1 against Team A you will play in matchday 18 against this opponent again, Team B from matchday 2 you will play at matchday 19 again and so on. -> you can see at the screenshot that this is wrong in FM. In second half of the season the matches after Hertha BSC must be Werder Bremen and then Wolfsburg instead of Köln and Schalke.

- in the Bundesliga you play a maximum of one game in a row away or at home in the first and second half of the season. If a team plays twice in a row away from home in the first half of the season, they play twice in a row at home in the second half of the season. If no misplaced game is replayed or the like, this will not happen in any other case.

I also deleted the game, deleted the cache in FM23 folder and reproduced this always when I started a new game and was simulating. Please give me a shout if you need further informations or another savegame. I really hope and wish this can be fixed. I love the FM not only because of its realism. This issue is really sad because it is actually nearly each FM since a few years that in germany such kind of issues happen. 

P.S.: Happy new year and stay all healthy. 

Edited by JumanoPrince

@Michael Sant Ok, it is not completely unplayable, you have right, but it is not real, we play FM because it simulate real life, real fixtures, real leagues, real football.

I also tried everything, installing steam and FM again, and again, but problem is still here.

Hope for fast fix. Cheers mate, and best wishes in new year.

• SI Staff

It's an issue we're still working on at this time. I did mention in my last post that we do completely understand this is something that can break immersion. 

It is very bad that no Hotfix is coming. Should I wait until end of febrauary?This is not playable with this bug.I bought every fm since 2009.Why no Hotfix?

• Administrators

Afraid there was no hotfix, no, but we have been working on it internally and looking to release some changes as part of the next update. It might not be perfect, but we're continuously looking at ways to improve this scheduling process.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Kyle Brown:

Afraid there was no hotfix, no, but we have been working on it internally and looking to release some changes as part of the next update. It might not be perfect, but we're continuously looking at ways to improve this scheduling process.

Thank you.I believe this has nothing to do with the editor so will be a fix for this savegame compatible?Because as I started with 21.1 and after Update to 22.2 the Scheduling went wrong?

Edited by Zizu00

• Administrators

Very rarely can League Specific issues ever be save game compatible due to the nature of the changes I'm afraid.

The scheduling would have been very unlikely to be largely different between the two versions you mentioned, we'd need saves from both points in time to review further but I appreciate that's extremely unlikely at this point.