• Wrong UCL 24/25 sctructure

kireby
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

So SI announcing their UEFA deal promised there will be changes in european cups structures. There are changes from season 24/25 but Swiss system supposed to be in UEFA competitions isn't reflected in FM 23.

So i simulated until season 25/26 and you can see Bayern schedule as of 1 September 2025. We already know all 8 opponents while in real life Bayern should learn each opponent after each match (so winners play vs winners, losers vs losers).

Is it a bug which will be fixed or it's a feature and SI can't implement new european cups structure properly?

Screenshot_3.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I believe you will know all opponents at the start. It is not a 'true' Swiss system. So in that sense, it's working as intended. 

2 часа назад, DrIgz сказал:

I believe you will know all opponents at the start. It is not a 'true' Swiss system. So in that sense, it's working as intended. 

It's sad if it's the case, because it's not difficult to intend properly, all you need to draw strongest (by coefficient) teams from winners' pool with each other and so on

Yes, but again, it's the way UEFA is implementing it. I suspect it has more to do with scheduling than anything else.

Edit: what I am saying is that SI are implementing it correctly, as per the way that UEFA will actually do it.

Edited by DrIgz

En 23/10/2022 a las 21:45, DrIgz dijo:

Yes, but again, it's the way UEFA is implementing it. I suspect it has more to do with scheduling than anything else.

Edit: what I am saying is that SI are implementing it correctly, as per the way that UEFA will actually do it.

I am not sure of that, I think that was the first proposal approved in 2021, but they approved the swiss system in 2022.

We can guess that SI has investigated and talked with UEFA before implementing this (taking into account this year's collaboration with UEFA), but I understood that it was going to be a pure swiss system. And I hope it is, it would be better.

26 minutes ago, Yespy13 said:

I am not sure of that, I think that was the first proposal approved in 2021, but they approved the swiss system in 2022.

We can guess that SI has investigated and talked with UEFA before implementing this (taking into account this year's collaboration with UEFA), but I understood that it was going to be a pure swiss system. And I hope it is, it would be better.

I am trying hard to find a source from UEFA that confirms my initial post, but I am struggling. I can't find anything which confirms that it will be a pure Swiss system either. I am still of the opinion that it will not be an actual application of the Swiss system, but rather all fixtures will be confirmed at the beginning. Given the agreement between UEFA and SI, I would be very surprised if SI implemented it incorrectly.

• Administrators

It's not something we can implement as of yet, due to both the complexity and the fact that as of yet it's not clear whether it's going to be truly a Swiss system. We'll continue monitoring any developments going forward.